New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    For the benefit and ease of access to the tsikoteers, I decided to make a new one. The results were posted on the senbel vs chemrez showdown thread, but I decided to separate it para mas makita ninyo. I just copied the messages from the other forum where I updated the results more than over here.

For the benefit of everybody, the following are the results of our senbel estrol biodiesel use, on the following procedure: initial 2% blend on the 1st fuel load, 1% on succeeding load.

1. Isuzu Fuego
    w/o biodiesel covering 6,790 kms, 9.56km/liter
    w biodiesel covering 920 kms, 9.92km/liter
    Improvement of 0.36km/liter

2. Townace using 2C engine
    w/o biodiesel covering 1,384kms 6.6km/liter
    w biodiesel covering 609 kms 7.29km/liter
    Improvement of 0.69km/liter

3. Isuzu 10W truck
    w/o biodiesel covering 1,227kms 2.03km/liter
    w biodiesel covering 330kms 3.16km/liter
    Improvement of 1.13km/liter

4. 6Wheel Canter
    w/o biodiesel covering 1,366kms 4.14km/liter
    w biodiesel covering 366kms 3.84km/liter
    Negative performance of 0.3km/liter

Take note the canter had a lower fuel economy result. But this is still one fuel load, plus trucks usage are very erratic, sometimes travelling long distance, sometimes idle most of the time loading and unloading stuff. will continue to monitor the results. There are other units on biodiesel but are not monitoring the others as much as the above units.

Posted Feb16 2005.
    fuego is only around 3%, the townace around 10%, the truck around 50%. But you see, the fuego is well maintained as can be seen with the fuel economy without biodiesel, so its improvement is limited. The townace, I forgot to mention, we had it smoke tested at TESDA. Before putting in the initial dose, the reading was 4.5, then after putting the biodiesel, after 3 days, it was tested, it was down to 2.5. Trucks on the other hand, have more glaring results, percentage wise, coz their starting figures are low. The trucks have lower mileage as they do a lot of standby time than small vehicles. I will be refueling the fuego tomorrow but I expect it to have better than the above fuel economy.

Oh, by the way, smoke emissions have significantly reduced based on visual. Especially with my sedona, now doing 400kms on biodiesel.

Posted Feb19.
    Update on the fuego.

Latest 3rd refuel with biodiesel covering 450kms, 11.3km/liter.

I am surprised with this, don't know if this mainly due to the effect of the biodiesel or the kind of traffic encountered for this particular 450 km refuel.

Posted March 1.
    latest update. 4th refuel today, 446kms on 47.15 liters including 500 ml biodiesel, gives me only 9.46km/liter. Tama siguro ang duda ko na hindi na full tank ng driver ko ang 3rd refuel. If I combine the 3rd and 4th refuel, it will average 10.30km/liter. If I add up with the 1st report, my fuego have run 1,816 kms, and averaged 10.11km/liter, or an improvement of 0.55km/liter. I think 1,816kms is sufficient to come to a conclusion of improved fuel economy, based on mixed, and regular driving conditions.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Dagdag pala. We also have a 01 xto crosswind. Averaged 9.5km/liter over 5,000kms using shell diesel. On 2 loads with 1% biodiesel (di na ito nag initial 2%), it did 11.5 on the 1st load, and 10.3 on the 2nd load which occured before the start of holy week. The 1st refuel it was more highway, while 10.5 was more city driving. Each refueling means it travelled over 300 kms. Thus, the 2 biodiesel load covered almost 700kms.
    Last edited by altec; March 29th, 2005 at 03:59 PM.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    significant fuel economy was achieved using biodiesel on my safari.
    5% blend
    from 6km/liter to 7-8km/liter depending on my driving habits.been observing and computing for the past 3 months.

black smoke reduced significantly too.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    pst lagyan nyo cost per kilometer

5. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Let's take my fuego for example. The fuel economy improvement is 0.36km/liter, or 3%. If diesel fuel is now at P26/liter, x 99% = P25.74/liter contribution cost. If we use 1% blend, and biodiesel costs P60/liter, biodiesel = P0.60/liter contribution. Add the two: 25.74 + 0.60, means your 1% blend with your diesel, the biodiesel blend will cost you P26.34/liter. Why like this? Kasi nga before, you would load 40 liters of diesel with a cost of P26, example. But now, it contains 99% of 40 liters diesel and 1% of estrol. The difference of 0.34 divided by P26 gives you 1.3% increase in cost. So if your fuel economy improvement is greater than that, then you have saved on direct cost. Before, diesel was still below P24, so the more expensive the diesel gets, the more attractive estrol gets.

Let's take Glennster's Safari. 95% of P26 diesel = 24.7. 5% blend at P60/liter is P3. Add the two, is P27.7/liter biodiesel blend. or a 6.5% increase in cost. He improved by 1km/liter from the original 6km/liter. That is a 14% improvement. Therefore, he has saved 7.5% for every liter or kilometer he uses/runs.

FYI, our motorpool reports even with less preparation for the annual smoke belching tests (not much tambutso cleaning done, unlike before), we have very few units failing the emission test on the 1st try, unlike before.

In our case, it is not only P60/liter cost of estrol. We add the cost of hauling, preparing, labor, plus a little margin since from buying in bulk, we apply it retail (for our companies, for costing purposes). Thus we have a transfer price of P80-90/liter. Still, even if you do the numbers as shown above, it is still worth it.
    Last edited by altec; March 29th, 2005 at 04:01 PM.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    tumingin ako sa marikina na said address sa kabilang thread hindi na daw sila nagbenta ng biodiesel. San po makabili malapit sa santolan pasig area thanks po. I really would like to try the biodiesel thanks in advance

7. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by quiksie
    tumingin ako sa marikina na said address sa kabilang thread hindi na daw sila nagbenta ng biodiesel. San po makabili malapit sa santolan pasig area thanks po. I really would like to try the biodiesel thanks in advance
    Meron sa mga Flying V and Seaoil stations, kaya lang super mahal, P125/ltr. Brand names are Bioactiv sa flying v and Bioexceed sa Seaoil.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    santolan pasig, e di malapit ka na sa white plains. PM mo si Garyq, a tsikot moderator. I got mine from him. twice na ako nakabili sa kanya. Yung lang nga, maramihan per purchase.
    Last edited by altec; March 31st, 2005 at 12:00 AM.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Fuel Economy is not really the main thrust of BD. It is just a fringe benefit. Reduced emissions is the main benefit from using it.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Meron kami biodiesel for paranaque tsikoteers. call jason at 8231568 during office hours. 1 drum na lang stock. selling for 80 pesos per liter. for tsikoteers call me for special price

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
biodiesel fuel economy results