New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by PATSYS View Post
    I could swear the acceleration got better when I shifted to Iridium vs stock/regular plugs.
    Kasi bago na spark plug mo. Yung na notice mo na better performance ay yung restored na power.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Really? Isn't 5-6T kms too frequent? ...
    I guess that would be fine if the plugs are rated for up to 10k km. For plugs rated up to 100k km, maybe it is good to check them in 30k-40k intervals.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by benchph1 View Post
    Correct. Spark plugs degrade overtime. Even if they say that it can last up to 20,000 kms, i dont use them for that long. Mas mura na naman ang iridium plugs kaysa dati. I just replace them around 5-6t kms

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    a 30,000km rated copper plug is probably good for 400hrs.

karamihan wala pang 30000km naka 1500hrs na lol. low power daw! missfire!

FOCUS

4. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    When I still had gasoline cars, I replaced the stock (Nippon Denso or NGK) with Bosch Platinum & just gapped it myself 2x a year. With the stock plugs, I replaced them every 5k. With the Bosch Platinum, sometimes more than a year or whenever I feel like it runs rough already. There are corresponding replacement performance plugs for the stock ones. You can use the best, just as long as it is more superior to the stock ones. Also, it is worth learning to gap them, practice with the old ones.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    I guess that would be fine if the plugs are rated for up to 10k km. For plugs rated up to 100k km, maybe it is good to check them in 30k-40k intervals.
    I haven’t changed my stock iridium plugs in my 2010 Honda City. The manual reco is to change every 100k kms, but its160k kms already with no issues. FC is at 12.4km/li. [emoji4]

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by polar01 View Post
    I haven’t changed my stock iridium plugs in my 2010 Honda City. The manual reco is to change every 100k kms, but its160k kms already with no issues. FC is at 12.4km/li. [emoji4]

You havent taken the plugs out to clean and check the gap?

7. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by benchph1 View Post
    You havent taken the plugs out to clean and check the gap?

Nope. [emoji51]

8. Join Date
    Mar 2018
    For newer cars with modern engines, you can't really say the difference between a regular spark plug compared to an expensive one.

You just need to clean them every 5k and change them every 10k. Like in my case usually copper core conventional spark plugs lang nagamit ko dati.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    One of the reasons why platinum or iridium plugs are used is because of longer service life. A lot of newer cars takes time to replace the spark plugs. The labor in most cases outweigh the cost of the plugs. I remember when I used to work at a dealership shop, a customer wanted a minor tune-up for a 1990 Cadillac with Northstar V8 and he wanted it done while he waits, I gave his keys back and asked him to bring it back when it's convenient fo him without me burning my arms to replace the plugs on the firewall side. It all depends what car you intend to replace plugs.
    Last edited by jick.cejoco; May 24th, 2018 at 05:49 AM.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jick.cejoco View Post
    One of the reasons why platinum or iridium plugs are used is because of longer service life. A lot of newer cars takes time to replace the spark plugs. The labor in most cases outweigh the cost of the plugs. I remember when I used to work at a dealership shop, a customer wanted a minor tune-up for a 1990 Cadillac with Northstar V8 and he wanted it done while he waits, I gave his keys back and asked him to bring it back when it's convenient fo him without me burning my arms to replace the plugs on the firewall side. It all depends what car you intend to replace plugs.
    yun hemi v8 16 spark plugs and needs a dash board removal [emoji28]

FOCUS

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast