New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 84 123451151 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    With the pending gasoline prices threating to hit P40 before the year's end, LPG fuel conversion seems to be a good alternative, even for the private car owner.

Does anyone know some reputable dealers of LPG conversion kits around metro manila? How much would a typical kit cost? Installation time? How much space will be occupied by the LPG tank in the trunk? What is the typical maintaince issues after the kit is installed? Etc.

Company name, telephone number and address would be appreciated.

Last edited by ghosthunter; October 20th, 2005 at 02:59 PM.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    abangan ang..... *

coming soon hehe

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ...and does LPG conversion harm the catalytic converter?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i heard it in the news before it CNG something... they have released LPG powered buses and taxis here.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    good idea nga ang LPG conversion. when i was in bangkok yung ibang mga taxi lpg na ang gamit dun sa trunk nakalagay. kya yung baggage ko di magkasya. sa rear passenger seat ko na lang nilalagay. :D

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Meron sa GT (grupo toyota) na thread dun about a company looking for a car that's willing to participate sa conversion, free sya, the only thing they ask is the car being displayed sa car show/trade show next month ata or something.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    well im a taxi operator / driver before and i have my nissan setra LEC converted to LPG . Well as per liter to kilometer comparison parehas lang . should i say 12 km per liter of gasoline is the same sa LPG ( in terms of distance ) . on the down side less ang batak . parang slide ang clutch mo . at ma feel mo yon sure pero konti lang . but on the price per liter less ang LPG ng mga 10 - 15 pesos ( at the ave. ) .
    I wont recommend kung madalas ka mag out of town kasi outside manila limited pa ang refilling stn. pero may switch sa loob yon equipt. para you can still use the gasolline in case maubusan ka .
    ang installation time : 3 to 4 hrs lang . Cost : b4 25 k installment pa . 4 months to pay .
    Ang isa sa ayaw ko lang ay may amoy talaga , well sabi ng ibang drivers namin d nawawala ang ubo nila kaya kung maselan ka eh wag na lang siguro . tapos yon compartment mo kalahati sa tangke na lang punta .
    if you have some more questions ask ka lang . . . .

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by openwrench View Post
    well im a taxi operator / driver before and i have my nissan setra LEC converted to LPG . Well as per liter to kilometer comparison parehas lang . should i say 12 km per liter of gasoline is the same sa LPG ( in terms of distance ) . on the down side less ang batak . parang slide ang clutch mo . at ma feel mo yon sure pero konti lang . but on the price per liter less ang LPG ng mga 10 - 15 pesos ( at the ave. ) .
    I wont recommend kung madalas ka mag out of town kasi outside manila limited pa ang refilling stn. pero may switch sa loob yon equipt. para you can still use the gasolline in case maubusan ka .
    ang installation time : 3 to 4 hrs lang . Cost : b4 25 k installment pa . 4 months to pay .
    Ang isa sa ayaw ko lang ay may amoy talaga , well sabi ng ibang drivers namin d nawawala ang ubo nila kaya kung maselan ka eh wag na lang siguro . tapos yon compartment mo kalahati sa tangke na lang punta .
    I've used our 2007 Altis on LPG for the last 5 years and we even bring it out of town (Zambales, Pampanga, Tagaytay, Baguio, etc.) with a full load and running at highway speeds, with hard passing and redline shifts; the LPG range of our car is around 500kms or so and in Baguio they have an LPG station so it's not an issue. Should we run low on LPG, there's always gasoline to switch to (i still warm the car everyday on 100 octane gasoline to run the injectors and ensure better start-up/cold lubrication). With the SGI kit, power is not an issue unless it's not tuned properly or there's a problem with the car or the kit.

Re. the LPG smell, we (and most private vehicle LPG users on this board) never encountered a smell or respiratory problems so it's most likely the condition of the car, the installation, or kit where the problem comes out. Our car is clean and we don't smoke so i guess that helps too. Install time + tuning of the kits takes a day or two or three depending on the tuning bugs that come out (versus 3 to 4 hours??? no wonder taxis have those problems).

*P42K price out for the SGI kit, running an average of 10km/L, it should be break even in a year and a half to two years (running 15,000kms per year).

9. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by openwrench View Post
    [B]Ang isa sa ayaw ko lang ay may amoy talaga[/B] , well sabi ng ibang drivers namin d nawawala ang ubo nila kaya kung maselan ka eh wag na lang siguro . tapos yon compartment mo kalahati sa tangke na lang punta .
    Sir bakit naman may mga nakakausap akong taxi driver tuwing magtataxi ako from sm makati hanggang merville sinasabi nila na ang lpg wala naman amoy yan pareho lang ng gas yan pwera na lang kung may mali sa installation... Baka naman mali lang ung procedure ng installation sa mga unit nyo sir kaya din siguro mura... May nakausap nga akong driver MACRO pa raw naginstall sa unit nya pero may naamoy daw ung driver siguro depende na lang sa nag install yan...

10. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Agree with vinj. I have a venturi kit installed on my civic since 2008 at the height of petrol price of 62/li. Wala naman problema. Sometimes there is a smell of lpg inside the cabin but this can be easily detected and fixed using the olds school soap and water. In less than 2 year recover na ang investment sa kit. Minsan lang nauubos ang lpg sa mga stations. At nakakapagtaka ayaw ng bumaba sa 25 and below range. Parang may nag cocontrol ba.

Page 1 of 84 123451151 ... LastLast
Auto-LPG Conversion Thread