New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    i will be replacing my mom's three year old mpv

mid size suv is out of the question since we no longer have a parking space for it.

our choices xtrail vs. cx5 vs. xv vs. forester vs. captiva(bad side no middle aircon)

she doesnt drive hence will be riding most of the time in the front or middle.

again no mid size suv nor vans since we no longer have enough parking space.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Deal maker ba ang aircon vent for the rear passengers? I guess you can start from there. The current CX5 also doesn't have aircon vents sa likod. Buti pa ang 3 may vents under the front seats to cool the rear passengers' toes.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
    Deal maker ba ang aircon vent for the rear passengers? I guess you can start from there. The current CX5 also doesn't have aircon vents sa likod. Buti pa ang 3 may vents under the front seats to cool the rear passengers' toes.
    normally hindi, kaso we are in a tropical country kaya mahirap na. leaning towards the crv and xtrail because of the aircon

totl pala hanap ko.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
    normally hindi, kaso we are in a tropical country kaya mahirap na. leaning towards the crv and xtrail because of the aircon

totl pala hanap ko.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Try to test drive with her in the back din. Some of your choices might have suspensions that are too firm for her.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If parking is an issue, I suggest the smallest CUV in the list of options, namely the Subaru XV.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    ford escape kuda pa pala,

test driving is not really a thing for me(busy sched) when we bought the tbz gulat na lang kami na mas mabilis siya sa monty(also own one)

creature comfort... sabi kasi yung awd ng honda crv is not good, the best awd out there is the subaru. awkward kasi parking space namin, every vehicle needs to traverse a ramp(made of grip tiles however when it rains even our traverse and tahoe has difficulty driving uphill(they're just too heavy) tbz and other mid size na rwd di nahihirapan)

ford escape kuda pa pala,

test driving is not really a thing for me(busy sched) when we bought the tbz gulat na lang kami na mas mabilis siya sa monty(also own one)

creature comfort... sabi kasi yung awd ng honda crv is not good, the best awd out there is the subaru. awkward kasi parking space namin, every vehicle needs to traverse a ramp(made of grip tiles however when it rains even our traverse and tahoe has difficulty driving uphill(they're just too heavy) tbz and other mid size na rwd di nahihirapan)

7. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    The current-gen CRV is actually lower and shorter than the 3rd-gen it succeeded. Haven't tried the captiva, but against the XV and the CX5, the CRV aside from having rear AC vents, it has the best leg space against them. These were also the factors I was looking for when I got mine since I use my car for client meets. Something that can transport people comfortably from A-B.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004

No need to get the Turbo unless she has the need for speed. Ang driver lang matutuwa dyan The Premium should be good enough for her needs.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    My parent's house also has a incline going into their garage driveway. Since it is made of tiles, it is very slippery when wet. Fwd cars with stock tires suck going up. Rwd like my Monty does very well. When I upgraded my rims to 20s on my CRV it has improved it's grip and I hardly encounter any slippage going up the ramp.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    X-trail has really cold a/c but it's not small. One of if not the biggest offering in the compact crossover segment. The Subies are nice but I don't like the CVT behavior at slow speeds. If you don't mind smaller interior space the CX-5 is a great choice.

What MPV are you replacing? I'd wait and see what the all new CR-V looks like.

X-trail has really cold a/c but it's not small. One of if not the biggest offering in the compact crossover segment. The Subies are nice but I don't like the CVT behavior at slow speeds. If you don't mind smaller interior space the CX-5 is a great choice.

What MPV are you replacing? I'd wait and see what the all new CR-V looks like.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast