New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    If your revo still in good shape and no headache better keep it.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Thank you sa mga nagreply. laking tulong po sa decision making.

plano ko ibenta ang revo at kunin ang safari at P250k. nasa 1995-97 yung model ng safari. nakalimutan ko lang kung 95,96, or 97 model.
    wala namang problema sa akin yung kalakihan ng safari sir blue_gambit kasi i also drive a pajero FM and 91 patrol pag nandito ako sa bohol. parang gusto ko lang kunin yung safari dahil mura at sa cagayan de oro ko gagamitin yun. lately kasi madalas bumaha sa CDO pag-umuuwi kami. I bought the revo para lang may magamit kami dun ng pamilya ko pag-uwi at dinala ko na yung pajero dito sa bohol. 6-7l/km lang din yung revo kasi gasoline engine. bale, yung revo bihira ko lang gamitin. if i buy the safari bihira lang din kung nandun lang kami sa CDO.

san po ba masmahal na reselling value after 5 years, ang 2003 revo or 95-97 safari? or stay with the revo and save the P250k?

3. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Have you ever looked at MAINTENANCE?

I doubt a Patrol will save you anything over the Revo in terms of parts and upkeep costs. Neither will buying a 1980s Benz or BMW as you mentioned in your other thread.

Patrols are big, heavy, thirsty beasts, regardless of fuel burned, and maintaining its 4WD system is going to be an added headache over the Revo IMHO. Watch out.

If you're filthy rich, then go for it. If you're a mere mortal like most of us here...I would suggest you shelve your 250k in some sort of investment.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    di naman ako rich sir type 100. may kunting savings lang. kung rich sana ako, eh di sana ako bibili ng second hand unit. puro brand new na sana . i'm just like you guys.
    thanks sa mga nagreply

5. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Hmmmm.... I think the TS is more into buying the patrol. Gusto niyo po ba yun bilin para pwede ilusong sa baha rather than the revo?

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I think mas mag stick ang value ng SUV over an AUV, yes totoo nga na mas mahal ang parts ng Patrol SUV definitely. But on the other hand it is more durable and reliable than Revo AUV parts, more expensive but less downtime. Sa consumption I think baka mas makatipid pa nga TS sa cost/km, kasi gasoline variant yung revo. nd given na pambaha, di hamak na mas gugutuhin ko ang patrol over revo sa languyan. The difference in height of the air intake and absence of spark plugs,distributors etc. inherent to gas fed engines says it all...

One more thing which one will be considered a classic or an icon after a few more years... snif snif hehehe

Quote Originally Posted by jru120 View Post
    Thank you sa mga nagreply. laking tulong po sa decision making.

plano ko ibenta ang revo at kunin ang safari at P250k. nasa 1995-97 yung model ng safari. nakalimutan ko lang kung 95,96, or 97 model.
    wala namang problema sa akin yung kalakihan ng safari sir blue_gambit kasi i also drive a pajero FM and 91 patrol pag nandito ako sa bohol. parang gusto ko lang kunin yung safari dahil mura at sa cagayan de oro ko gagamitin yun. lately kasi madalas bumaha sa CDO pag-umuuwi kami. I bought the revo para lang may magamit kami dun ng pamilya ko pag-uwi at dinala ko na yung pajero dito sa bohol. 6-7l/km lang din yung revo kasi gasoline engine. bale, yung revo bihira ko lang gamitin. if i buy the safari bihira lang din kung nandun lang kami sa CDO.

san po ba masmahal na reselling value after 5 years, ang 2003 revo or 95-97 safari? or stay with the revo and save the P250k?

7. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    The pagong safari (yung shape not performance) when lifted and loaded with bigger wheels really look awesome.

And yes the safari will be more expensive to keep so it will do well as a toy car rather than a regular ride. By toy car or project car something you are willing to spend to keep and upgrade/etc.

Pero kung regular ride na pang-masa (like what the Revo is) mas better off ka bumili ng bagong car or mas bagong car na second hand.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jru120 View Post
    di naman ako rich sir type 100. may kunting savings lang. kung rich sana ako, eh di sana ako bibili ng second hand unit. puro brand new na sana . i'm just like you guys.
    thanks sa mga nagreply
    Here's what I'd recommend.

1) Keep the Revo, and save the 250k or better yet invest it. I know first-hand how thirsty the gasoline Revo is (especially in A/T form), but you can see it as a challenge to develop more frugal driving habits. The Revo's engine just doesn't like to be hustled - and frankly neither does its suspension and automatic transmission. Best to drive it in a relaxed manner IMHO as the engine's already taxed with hauling around a rather heavy body.

2) If you don't mind downsizing I highly suggest getting a smaller car, especially ones built past 2000. You can drive the nuts off those things and still return decent fuel economy. Why not a first-generation Toyota Vios? Interior's a little tight and I never got used to the gauge layout, but otherwise that car's pretty good.

My two centavos

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I;ve heard that pre 96 safaris are RUST Prone

10. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Given the fact that the vehicle will be used in CDO and for ford-flooding purposes, think if the Safari will do the job than the Revo. If yes, then go for the it. Just be sure to be ready with all the changes it entails in having a Safari now than a Revo.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Would you trade your revo for a safari?