New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Good day people! I have a 2003 revo gl with a mileage of 37000+, gas engine and no powered windows but already installed central door locking system. My question is, would you trade it for a 95-97 local nissan safari with 137000+ mileage?

The safari belongs to our family friend and he is selling it at P250k. pwede pa ata matawaran yung price. He's selling it because bihira na lang gamitin at dami rin silang mga sasakyan. masgusto pa daw niya friend niya makabili kay sa ibang tao.

TIA =)

2. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    no no no no

why would you trade your fresh car for an old one? and to point out, its about 15yrs and 100k km older than your revo.

no brainer yan bro

3. Join Date
    May 2010
    It depends but if i were you, the money spent to buy the Patrol could be used to upgrade the Revo. Besides, parts for the Patrol would be more expensive.

But that's just me...

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    It really depends. :dunno:

Question is, do you like it ? Because if you do, then I guess it would be a fair swap. But if you're just considering it for the sake of having one, then it's time to think first.

Parts for that particular Patrol is somehow readily available but mind you it is not as cheap as your Revo's.

And besides, the Patrol is older by 6 years. You shouldn't expect it really to be trouble-free at the first months of your ownership.

It's up to you, really. If you do like the Patrol a lot, then go get it. But then again, it's older and with the mileage you have vs. the mileage the Patrol has ... no wonder if it's shocks are tend to be replaced already.

And also, you wouldn't really know if how was it handled AND what are the other parts that needs replacing. ;)

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Teka....pag sinabi mong "trade", di ba palit ng Revo mo yung Safari ng friend mo.
    Then dadagdag ka pa ng P250k.

Pag-isipan mong maigi, Bro......

6. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    If you really really want having one safari, then go trade, but if you want it just because it is offered to you then think more than twice, your revo is fresher than the safari and the safari might give you more headaches than your revo which has only 37K mileage compared to 137K mileage + 3-5 more years

7. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by aejhayl17 View Post
    no no no no

why would you trade your fresh car for an old one? and to point out, its about 15yrs and 100k km older than your revo.

no brainer yan bro

mali math ko, sorry. its about 8yrs older than your revo

8. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    gusto mo ba ng rugged? Go for the patrol. Pero concerned ako sa performance at reliability ng patrol. Why not pay that amount for an upgrade of your current revo? maganda pa naman sya.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    I have a 1996 GQ Patrol TD42

fuel consumption it runs 6-7KM/ltr city, sa highway mapalad ka na makakuha ng 9-10KM/ltr.

Join our yahoogroups Nissan patrol club of the philippines, to learn more about Nissan Patrol. Then decide if this truck is for you.

Or visit 4x4ph me sariling forum doon ang NPCP

10. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I think the TS will be selling his revo and use it to buy the 250K Priced Patrol (what Year?)

but sir jru120 think about how BIG the Patrol is compared to your Revo, can you live with that? Turning radius, parking, consumption...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Would you trade your revo for a safari?