New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2006

for this?

2. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    It depends on the needs of the responders, but for me, I wouldn't. I don't need a "monster truck" kasi.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Drave View Post

for this?

Only if it would be a weekend toy. If you plan to use it daily or often during the week, you will quickly find the headaches of the setup.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    while i'm a big fan of 4wd machines in general, i like my 4wds plain, and bone stock.

mud tyres and rock crawler setups like that above do not, in general, make for good straight line driving. those mud tyres will not last as long cheapo taiwan tyres if you use them for dd.

i agree ... tama!

6. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    kung di ko naman po pang ooff road duon na ako sa estrada

although pag malaking pickup nga naman matatakot cumat sayo ang kotse:D

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    kung araw araw panay putik at lahar ang dadaanan o tatawid lagi ng ilog, di na ko magdadalawang isip pa. hahaha

8. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Here's some background...

I was given the opportunity to buy this show truck. It's a 1997 Toyota LN106 with only 40 k original kms in it. All the set up are original bolt-ons and US made. If I get this, I plan to make the tires smaller to 35" from the 39 inchers and remove the body lift of 4". This way, it would make climbing the pick up much easier. As you know, this is the "last of the Mohicans" when it comes to solid axle front pick ups (way tougher for off-road than IFS, but poorer handling for street). This is also the LN106 which many off-roaders give high respects to.

The thing is, I seldom use my Strada now. I'm really considering getting this rig as a weekend toy coz I want to try some serious off-roading. I just can't do this to my Strada. Masyado kasing pogi.

I just want to get your opinions....

Thanks, mga brods.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Drave View Post
    Here's some background...

I was given the opportunity to buy this show truck. It's a 1997 Toyota LN106 with only 40 k original kms in it. All the set up are original bolt-ons and US made. If I get this, I plan to make the tires smaller to 35" from the 39 inchers and remove the body lift of 4". This way, it would make climbing the pick up much easier. As you know, this is the "last of the Mohicans" when it comes to solid axle front pick ups (way tougher for off-road than IFS, but poorer handling for street). This is also the LN106 which many off-roaders give high respects to.

The thing is, I seldom use my Strada now. I'm really considering getting this rig as a weekend toy coz I want to try some serious off-roading. I just can't do this to my Strada. Masyado kasing pogi.

I just want to get your opinions....

Thanks, mga brods.
    I think you have answered your query yourself. Since you need it then why not?

I supposed the Strada is not your only vehicle so you can toy around. Is it a worthy swap? Let us put it this way, its not everyone's cup of tea. But if you are happy with it, then why not again. Happiness and satisfaction are priceless.

By the way, paalam din kay mrs...things bought are still conjugal.

Good luck.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    sagot ko BIG NO! bago estrada mo, e ano kung respected yang pick up na ipapalit mo...dude consult kapa sa iba...i don't know about off roading but definitely hindi ako agree..hingi ka second opinion sa mga ordinaryong motorista...

kase kung off road enthusiast tatanungin mo siempre agree sila para makasama ka nila sa pag ooff road, etc..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Would you trade this....