New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    The 3rd row tumbles down and splits 60-40. So if you had your grand parents nurse you leave split the 3rd row for the nurse and the wheel chairs at the rear which still leaves you space for 4 pax but little luggage room.

The Grandis would have been ideal for your mom since its low and drives like a car. I have one and serves as a good family hauler. My typical weekend. Me, wife, 2 toddlers, 2 yayas and 2 strollers plus child seats and When I looked at the vans I asked them to demo the luggage space. The Previa could fit these but it didnt allow me enough luggage space

Quote Originally Posted by IMm29 View Post
    To anyone who's been inside the latest generation Previa, would you know if the 3rd row slides fore and aft? Or does it fold and tumble?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Really bro? There's more room with the Grandis?

3. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by IMm29 View Post
    Really bro? There's more room with the Grandis?

I'm not saying it has more room, when I checked the MPV's I asked the SA if I could load my kid's strollers to see if it will fit and how much luggage space will remain. It fits. My kids stroller's are big, but I don't know how it compares with wheel chairs, but it did fit the Previa with the half the 3rd row tumbled down, but it didn't leave much space. Thats the reason why I dropped the Previa from my list since I needed something much bigger. My advice is to test if the wheelchairs do fit and if you are satisfied with the remaining luggage space then go for it.

Sadly, the market for MP's is quite limited and you only have a few choices. Get the Q version of the Previa, the main difference is the leather seats, but I think its worth it as it is more comfy. I can't remember correctly, but please check with the dealer how long he wait time is as there are not much stocks and units come from Japan so if there are no units available, it might take some time to get here. The Carnival might be a good alternative, but get the LWB

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^Ditto on that. I was inquiring about the Previa last year and they could only get a unit if i did a sizeable d/p and waited 4-6months for shipment.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by rafmac View Post
    I'm not saying it has more room, when I checked the MPV's I asked the SA if I could load my kid's strollers to see if it will fit and how much luggage space will remain. It fits. My kids stroller's are big, but I don't know how it compares with wheel chairs, but it did fit the Previa with the half the 3rd row tumbled down, but it didn't leave much space. Thats the reason why I dropped the Previa from my list since I needed something much bigger. My advice is to test if the wheelchairs do fit and if you are satisfied with the remaining luggage space then go for it.

Sadly, the market for MP's is quite limited and you only have a few choices. Get the Q version of the Previa, the main difference is the leather seats, but I think its worth it as it is more comfy. I can't remember correctly, but please check with the dealer how long he wait time is as there are not much stocks and units come from Japan so if there are no units available, it might take some time to get here. The Carnival might be a good alternative, but get the LWB
    Ah ok. That's true. The dimensions of the Grandis were better matched to your cargo. Thanks for the tip, I will be evaluating that, if ever I find a dealer with a unit I can evaluate. As per vinj's post in another thread, 6 months was the waiting time when they last asked. That's crazy! I think the major differences of the Standard and the Q are the leather seats and the power sliding doors, rear door and wheels. Chances are the wheelchairs are going to be standing side by side behind the 3rd row, but let's see how that goes.

I really like the way the Carnival LWB's 3rd row either folds flat into the floor or opens up a lot of underfloor space. Very practical. I believe this was an idea poached off the T&C. I wish the GS had some space saving features like that as well, but then that big boy has some height and can handle cargo in another way.

The downside with the Carnival, for me, at least for this purpose is, ironically, its size. It's cavernous but not shy of it. If I were to drive it on a daily basis, no problem, but that's me. My Mom's another story though, and that's the very reason she loves her 10 year old Altis to bits, coz it's easy to fit into most places. I keep trying to push for the Innova, coz it's just right for her driving style and ability, but it's too small for the purpose. The Previa might just do it. But an actual check will be needed.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Try to get your mom to test drive the Kia Carnival. It may be big and long but its easy to drive. My wife who has hardly driven for ages is now driving a Toyota Sienna which is about the same size as the Carnival. She has no problems driving and parking it. The Carnival is an American styled minivan with great space.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by userfriendly View Post
    Try to get your mom to test drive the Kia Carnival. It may be big and long but its easy to drive. My wife who has hardly driven for ages is now driving a Toyota Sienna which is about the same size as the Carnival. She has no problems driving and parking it. The Carnival is an American styled minivan with great space.
    Thanks for the tip. I might just do that, especially if the Previa will take forever to get.

8. Join Date
    May 2010
    Wait, diba wala na ang Grandis sa market? I think na may mga stock ang mga dealer

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Grandis is no longer listed sa website ng MMC Phil.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by rafmac View Post
    I still haven't decided. Its a toss up between the Odyssey and the Alphard. I wanted a black one but the 400k difference is making me think twice. Although I put in a reservation already for the Toyota, I still need to wait if matagalan the delivery, I would probably get the Honda.

What I just dont like about the Alphard, is that the AVT sourced multimmedia unit seems out of place in a 3m car.

Do check out the T&C, I was impressed by it and lots of nice features
    Swapping out the head-unit is easy. Swapping the benches of the Odyssey for reclining captain's chairs with movable footrests is not.

The T&C is nice enough, but the Alphard feels like a more complete product.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast