New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by foresterx View Post
    for daily driving none, but if you want to have some fun then RWD will be a lot better. the only advantage of FWD over RWD and AWD is the FC. disadvantage naman is since the front wheels is doing all the work, tires and brake mas mabilis maubos compared to RWD and AWD. that's why in racing FWD won't last as long as RWD and AWD.

I see wala din pa lang advantage sa normal driving. So useless din pala bumili ng RWD na econo car.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jmpet626 View Post
    I see wala din pa lang advantage sa normal driving. So useless din pala bumili ng RWD na econo car.
    one advantage ng rwd against fwd ay less maintenance. Walang masisira na cv joint. Ito palagi ang problema ng front wheel drive kapag matagal na ang serbisyo. Naka drive ka na ba na tumutunog sa harapan pag abante kapag kinabig ng malaki ang manibela left or right? Yan mismo ang sakit ng front wheel drive na may mahabang kilometrage sa odometer.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Pag nag RWD naman ang Vios, Accent or City baka maging 2-seater na lang yun sa sobrang sikip. Yung 3-series nga nga BMW parang pag 4-seater lang eh.

Sa mga CUVs naman, kaya nga ginawang unibody at naging best selling ang mga yan kasi mas comfortable naman talaga ang unibody kesa sa Ladder on Frame.

Sa sobrang traffic lang dito sa Pinas mas masarap naman talaga i-drive ang mga CUV kesa sa mga Pajero, Fortuner, MS, Patrol o pickups eh.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    people have been running FWD cars in races dito sa pinas for years... lots of the civics you see sa subic raceway are all driveline unmodified FWDs... i don't see them having problems with speed and traction and whatnot. the only thing they can't do is drift.

putting the engine over the drive wheels is actually a good idea... it gives more traction.

normal driving, and even under some racing conditions (like autocross), there is no advantage in between fwd and rwd. dati panay rwd kasi the CV joint and the other gear systems to make a fwd possible has not been invented yet (although there were early examples... like original austin mini during the 60s).

the only reason why major luxury brands produce rwd cars is because of tradition and the fact that lots of sport vehicles like ferraris are mid engined, or rear engined... so there are engines ON TOP of the drive wheels (like a fwd) to improve traction.

the avanza, and most auvs here are rwd because of cost and technology. it's now a lot simpler to just put in a driveshaft than to bother with complicated hydraulic/gear systems... plus, these vehicles are heavy duty and designed for low maintenance.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Yes I will...

wanna know the difference of a fwd or rwd ? get a Gran turismo 5 game on the ps3 (or GT4 on PS2). Drive a good car with FWD like a civic or some other econo car, then drive a RWD car on the same game... you'll get the diffrence.

Oh that game is as close a you'll get to the real thing, if you think that game is far from reality you're dead wrong. Top manufacturers ask the developer Polyphony digital (same company that designed the meter clusters of the current Skyline GTR) to test their prototypes using that program... thats how accurate and good it is..

PS3

Gran turismo 5

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    If ever there is a RWD vios, I'd get it over the FWD vios anytime. But I know the price would be higher somehow. But for a P50K would you?
    i'll get whatever is cheaper. the advantage of one over the other, in daily driving, is probably not going to be palpable until after you die of old age. each has pros and cons. each has trade-offs.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by voltscastillo View Post
    people have been running FWD cars in races dito sa pinas for years... lots of the civics you see sa subic raceway are all driveline unmodified FWDs... i don't see them having problems with speed and traction and whatnot. the only thing they can't do is drift.

putting the engine over the drive wheels is actually a good idea... it gives more traction.

normal driving, and even under some racing conditions (like autocross), there is no advantage in between fwd and rwd. dati panay rwd kasi the CV joint and the other gear systems to make a fwd possible has not been invented yet (although there were early examples... like original austin mini during the 60s).

the only reason why major luxury brands produce rwd cars is because of tradition and the fact that lots of sport vehicles like ferraris are mid engined, or rear engined... so there are engines ON TOP of the drive wheels (like a fwd) to improve traction.

the avanza, and most auvs here are rwd because of cost and technology. it's now a lot simpler to just put in a driveshaft than to bother with complicated hydraulic/gear systems... plus, these vehicles are heavy duty and designed for low maintenance.
    the only reason here in the philippines civic is always the choice, is because civics are cheap and there are tons of cheap after market parts readily available. people here can barely afford expensive cars unless you're really rich, even if you can afford real sports cars like an evo/sti/gc would you really want make it your track car and beat the living **** out of it while racing? i doubt it, that's why civic is the choice. if you go to other countries you'll barely see civics racing.

guess what, FWD will lose traction a lot faster than RWD or AWD since the front wheels are doing all the work, pulling the car, braking, and carrying all the weight of the engine tires would heat up quicker and lose traction.

you know what's been dominating autocross all over the world? a miata, that's right a RWD MIATA has and still is dominating autocross all over the world.

and regarding why luxury brands choose RWD it's because it's better for a sports car, not because of tradition but because it is better. it's faster, it can handle more HP, more torque and handles better. also RWD is more stable on high speed than a FWD since on a FWD the front wheels are doing all the work imagine going 260kph and try turning your wheels a bit, now compare it to a RWD going the same speed and try turning it, it's just common sense which will be more stable. the only real FWD sports car is the mazdaspeed3 and typeR, honda civics aren't sports car.

FWD is only good for one thing, FC.

Quote Originally Posted by blue_gambit View Post
    Yes I will...

wanna know the difference of a fwd or rwd ? get a Gran turismo 5 game on the ps3 (or GT4 on PS2). Drive a good car with FWD like a civic or some other econo car, then drive a RWD car on the same game... you'll get the diffrence.

Oh that game is as close a you'll get to the real thing, if you think that game is far from reality you're dead wrong. Top manufacturers ask the developer Polyphony digital (same company that designed the meter clusters of the current Skyline GTR) to test their prototypes using that program... thats how accurate and good it is..

PS3

Gran turismo 5

sorry but not even close to the real thing, games and the real thing can't be compared and they won't be close any time soon.
    Last edited by foresterx; February 28th, 2011 at 10:08 AM.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by foresterx View Post
    how much ba budget bro?
    hehe not yet buying pa naman but if ever mga 700K below lang.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Depende yan sir sa location mo. If you drive in twisted roads like we do here, much better performance ng RWD vs FWD in my experience. Bugbos kasi sa cornering yung front tires. Kung FWD mas mapapadali ka bumili lalo.

But since majority naman ay iba experience, (nag-research naman yang mga auto company) kaya FWD nga sedan for practicality. Yung query ko naman ay kung bibili lang kayo if ever. Sabi nga, kanya-kanya lang yan.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Ano ba advantage ng RWD daily driven car compared sa FWD?
    Pwede ka mag drift...

Seriously: Based on my experience, yung mga naging cars ko before mga 80's puro RWD ang titibay ng pang ilalim. Then starting 1990 pasukan na yang mga FWD like konti lubak nasisira, tire rod end, bushing, cv joint, shock, lagi may lumalagutok. Pero nung nag Vitara ako halos maintenance free pang ilalim derederetso lang ako sa lubak not like sa mga naging FWD cars ko, hangga sa nabenta wala ako pinagawa. Yung mga CUV like yung Xtrail parang kotse din sirain din.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
will you buy a RWD car like vios, city, accent etc.?