New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    wag na magtaka kung mdyo malakas sa gas ang wigo.yan ata ang normal na consumo eh.tipid din yan compara sa malalaki makina pag naipit sa traffic.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by carwhacko View Post
    Bakit kaya ser? While yung iba okay ang fc.
    With little traffic and gentle driving, the Wigo AT is okay.

When the roads are congested, it's not. In my experience, the Wigo AT is thirstier than the Mirage and Swift AT in the same level of traffic. And since the Mirage is roughly as economical as the first gen Jazz 1.3... (later Jazzes were not nearly as economical) that reinforces the claim that the Wigo is thirstier than the Jazz.

The Wigo MT seems better... but I have yet to do any long distance testing in that.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    I've been reading around, and according to the reviews, Wigo gets 8km/L in moderate traffic, while Mirage gets 10km/L.

If I drive 7T km a year, assuming fuel stays within the PHP50 range, fuel costs would be roughly 43,750 for the Toyota and 35,000 for the Mitsu.

Can anyone confirm if the Swift's rear legroom is really smaller than the Wigo's?

How long is the breaking period for these cars?

4. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    The Wigo's front seats have unadjustable built in headrests. Are these so low to cause whiplash injury in case of an accident? I have read reviewers complaining about this more than once.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by justin_ View Post
    The Wigo's front seats have unadjustable built in headrests. Are these so low to cause whiplash injury in case of an accident? I have read reviewers complaining about this more than once.
    they seem ok to me..
    but i wish they were removeable.. i put all my headrests backwards, so's i can extend my neck a little more.. it's more comfortable for me that way.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    I've been reading around, and according to the reviews, Wigo gets 8km/L in moderate traffic, while Mirage gets 10km/L.

If I drive 7T km a year, assuming fuel stays within the PHP50 range, fuel costs would be roughly 43,750 for the Toyota and 35,000 for the Mitsu.

Can anyone confirm if the Swift's rear legroom is really smaller than the Wigo's?

How long is the breaking period for these cars?
    rear legroom? what rear legroom? my knees are already touching the swift's front seats! the wigo's is much better..

so if i drive like you, it'll take me 12 years or so, for my wigo's higher fuel expense to even it up against its 100K lower price, vis a vis the mirage... a good argument, if i may say so..

but what i can't say anything about yet, is the build quality of the wigo vs the mirage.. only time will tell. i assumed the wigo is built better, which is why i got it over the mirage.. we'll see in a few years..
    Last edited by dr. d; December 8th, 2014 at 11:32 PM.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    rear legroom? what rear legroom? my knees are already touching the swift's front seats! the wigo's is much better..

so if i drive like you, it'll take me 12 years or so, for my wigo's higher fuel expense to even it up against its 100K lower price, vis a vis the mirage... a good argument, if i may say so..

but what i can't say anything about yet, is the build quality of the wigo vs the mirage.. only time will tell. i assumed the wigo is built better, which is why i got it over the mirage.. we'll see in a few years..

So it's that bad, huh? How did this happen, considering that the Swift has a longer wheelbase than the Mirage?

I haven't ridden a Wigo yet, but I can say for a fact that although the Mirage's build quality is okay, it is wanting. Wigo will have a higher resale value too, I suppose, because of its Toyota badge.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    So it's that bad, huh? How did this happen, considering that the Swift has a longer wheelbase than the Mirage?

I haven't ridden a Wigo yet, but I can say for a fact that although the Mirage's build quality is okay, it is wanting. Wigo will have a higher resale value too, I suppose, because of its Toyota badge.
    sir, i can only suggest, do what i did. try them out yourself.
    i'm 5'7'' and fat..
    you might be luckier than me..

9. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    sir, i can only suggest, do what i did. try them out yourself.
    i'm 5'7'' and fat..
    you might be luckier than me..
    Will visit the dealers soon. I'm only 5'5" sir, so the cars won't feel so tight after all.

Thank you for your wonderful input, dr. d!

10. Join Date
    Dec 2013
    I'm 5'6" and i find that the swift's legroom is fine. I was at a dealership this monday and with my father (same height as me) sitting on the driver's seat adjusted to his preference, i still had a lot of legroom behind him. I daresay if not on par, just slightly less than our altis so i don't really think it is too tight. The celerio is worse so you will be better off with the swift space-wise. If it is worth the price premium, that's for you to decide.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast