New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Hello!

I'm planning to get a new car this December or early next year. This is going to be my first own car and it will mainly be used in the city (house to school and vice versa, and occasional night outs). Budget is 600T max. It has to be automatic because my family doesn't like manual cars.

Choosing between Wigo G A/T 546T, Mirage GLX A/T 573T, and Celerio GL A/T 579T.

If I can convince my parents to stretch the budget a little bit, I'm also eyeing the Mirage GLS A/T 673T, Mirage G4 GLX A/T 628T, Vios J M/T 630T (only M/T in the choices), and Swift 1.2 A/T 648T.

If limited to the original choices, I'm kinda leaning towards the Wigo G A/T. With the second choices, I like the Swift best.

I'm a bit wary of the micro cars though because of their highway stability should we decide to drive long distance, that's why I'm considering the Vios although it is manual.

Based on the following criteria: comfort, maintenance, fuel efficiency, stability, angas (it has to look good too since it's gonna be my college car), features, bang-for-the-buck, what do you guys think?

TIA!

2. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    I'd choose the Swift since criteria mo din yung looks. Nabasa ko sa thread nung 1.2L variant eh matipid naman yan pero dun sa first choices mo I'd choose Mirage. Madame akong nakikitang pormadong Mirage sa daan and they look good IMO.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Thanks for the quick reply, carwhacko!

Swift is still one of the alternatives because I have still yet to talk my way through to get my parents into allowing me to go over budget. But I really love how it looks! Relatively upscale interiors compared to all my other choices and doesn't look cheap at all, at least for me. Some people say it has a very cramped backseat and limited cargo area, which somehow turn me off. It's wheels could be better, but at its price point, I'm not complaining. All things aside, I really admire the Swift. In fact, I've been dreaming of it as my college car back in high school, when only the 1.4 was available.

Now on to the Mirage. What I don't like about the Mirage GLX is its bareness. It lacks ABS, power controls for rear windows, touch screen HU, and alloy wheels. It just feels so lacking in the features department given that it costs similar to the packed Wigo G. The Mirage's 5-star NCAP rating, aerodynamic body, and 1.2-liter engine paired with a CVT are difficult to ignore, though.

Just some additional info:
    I'm also considering space, reliability, power, and safety It will also be casa maintained, so comments on each brand's respective casas will be highly appreciated!

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by justin_ View Post
    Hello!

I'm planning to get a new car this December or early next year. This is going to be my first own car and it will mainly be used in the city (house to school and vice versa, and occasional night outs). Budget is 600T max. It has to be automatic because my family doesn't like manual cars.

Choosing between Wigo G A/T 546T, Mirage GLX A/T 573T, and Celerio GL A/T 579T.

If I can convince my parents to stretch the budget a little bit, I'm also eyeing the Mirage GLS A/T 673T, Mirage G4 GLX A/T 628T, Vios J M/T 630T (only M/T in the choices), and Swift 1.2 A/T 648T.

If limited to the original choices, I'm kinda leaning towards the Wigo G A/T. With the second choices, I like the Swift best.

I'm a bit wary of the micro cars though because of their highway stability should we decide to drive long distance, that's why I'm considering the Vios although it is manual.

Based on the following criteria: comfort, maintenance, fuel efficiency, stability, angas (it has to look good too since it's gonna be my college car), features, bang-for-the-buck, what do you guys think?

TIA!
    comfort : mirage
    maintenance : wigo
    fuel efficiency : halos pare-pareho yan.
    stability : what do you mean?
    angas : wala dyan sa tatlo...... swift nga.... hehehehe.
    features : mirage
    bang for the buck: wigo

kung ako tatanungin, wala dyan ang choice mo. its either the swift or the vios.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    these minicars are ok for city driving. they're small and maneuverable, and can go thru needleholes.. but if you are going on long drives, the ones with longer wheelbase will probably offer better driving comfort. you arrive at your destination in a fresher state.. vios.. almera.. etc...

6. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    *1D4LV

By stability, I meant stability on highway driving: if it gets heavily affected by crosswinds and if it finds it difficult to maintain high speeds. I will only be using the car for out-of-town trips every once in a while, say, once every two, or even three, months. 95% of the time it will only be used for city driving, but knowing that my car can deliver when the time calls for it is just a welcome assurance. Hehe.

Yup, Mirage GLS is the best when it comes to features, but the one I'm more likely to get is the GLX, which is as basic as a car can get.

If only I wasn't constrained by budget, I'd get a white City VX Mugen in a heartbeat.

*dr. d

The car will mostly be used as my ride to and from school and for weekend gimmicks and malling only. Maybe it will be used for long driving only 5 to 10% of the time. I just want to know if the micro cars I'm considering will not fail me when I bring them to the highway.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by justin_ View Post
    *1D4LV

By stability, I meant stability on highway driving: if it gets heavily affected by crosswinds and if it finds it difficult to maintain high speeds. I will only be using the car for out-of-town trips every once in a while, say, once every two, or even three, months. 95% of the time it will only be used for city driving, but knowing that my car can deliver when the time calls for it is just a welcome assurance. Hehe.

Yup, Mirage GLS is the best when it comes to features, but the one I'm more likely to get is the GLX, which is as basic as a car can get.

If only I wasn't constrained by budget, I'd get a white City VX Mugen in a heartbeat.

*dr. d

The car will mostly be used as my ride to and from school and for weekend gimmicks and malling only. Maybe it will be used for long driving only 5 to 10% of the time. I just want to know if the micro cars I'm considering will not fail me when I bring them to the highway.
    all small cars are quite unstable at high speeds. kaya most of the time, they really stick to the 80-100 kph speed sa highway. however, there are small cars that are quite stable like the jazz, the swift and the mini cooper....

i have driven a vios in sctex... stable pa sya up to around 120 kph, pero it gets a bit shaky na at more than that. depende yan sa oto, but generally smaller cars are shaky at highway speeds, unless may modifications like wider tires, strut bars, etc....

but try to drive lets say a camry at 150 kph.... stable pa din....

its up to you to balance things up..... but siguro if i were you, i would get a vios or a swift.... ngayon kung gusto mo naman ng bigger and more stable, i would get a second hand honda or even a second hand altis.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    If you want a small car that's stable and composed in high speeds, get the Fiesta Ecoboost. It can even get you faster to triple digit speeds compared to bigger-engined compacts (1.5L or 1.6L). It offers responsive steering and great traction. It's still composed even at 150 kmh and still have the juice to go faster, in stock form. I don't miss the extra pull and stability offered by my old Accord when I'm driving my Fiesta Ecoboost. I wonder how much better the Mini Cooper S or the VW Golf GTI offers in terms of handling and stability.

The Jazz offers a good mix of interior space, handling, and performance in a small hatchback. However, Honda's L15 engine feels a bit sluggish when you have driven bigger-engined cars (2.0L or more). You need to floor that pedal, rev it high and get the VTEC to kick in to give you the extra pull.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    The cars on your choices are very light. May makasabay ka lang na truck na mabilis, tiyak mararamdaman mo ang pagiging unstable.

Ive driven my miragr glx at 130kph and i could say na stable pa sya. Wag ka ka lang masabayan nang mga truck at bus, ok sya.

Btw, so you know, glx 2015 comes with alloy wheels and all powe windows.

In terms of amneties, wigo gets my vote.

Dahil nagaaral ka pa, i would say get the most fuel efficient car that you can get. imho.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

10. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    *1D4LV

Not considering second hand bro. Thanks for the inputs! Yes, the Vios was one of my alternatives too mainly because it's a class higher, which means it will be more stable and it won't be bullied around that much by other bigger cars.

*Egan101

Fiesta and Jazz are way beyond my 600T budget already. Although I must say they both really are good cars. Problem with the Fiesta is that it's too cramped inside. The Jazz naman is too expensive.

*chronicle

I really try my best to avoid trucks and buses when I drive. There's just this sense of uneasiness on my part. I feel so unsafe whenever there are big cars around me because I know I'll be on the losing side in case, God forbid, an accident happens.

Great to hear that the Mirage can easily do 130kph! So far the fastest I've driven is only 115kph, and that's on a Civic FD. Wonder how different it would feel on a smaller car.

Interesting to know that Mitsubishi has already improved the Mirage for next year. The power windows and alloy wheels are now give the Mirage GLX more points on my book. Is it still 573T, though?

What's your Mirage's normal fuel consumption in city driving?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast