New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Mitsubishi Montero Sport
    Toyota Fortuner
    Isuzu Altera
    Mazda CX9 (Ok din ito kaya lang gas nga lang. BT 50 lang ang meron diesel)
    Ford Everest (Yung base may manual not sure) Correct me if I'm wrong
    Captiva (Walang Manual)

2. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Whoa! Where did you get the performance values of these cars? The difference is really very big... Is it in wheel horsepower already? When looking up the performance improvements in Speedlab's Unichip, they showed mostly only around 25-30whp increase for 3.0L CRDi turbo intercooler SUVs and pickups.
    Sir, i hope those numbers are wheel-hp hehe as DTS Philippines for one has its own chassis-dyno ---- a background i can share are two Pinoy forumers who have had their 3.0-litre Toyota D4-D chassis-dynoed at Speedlab Racing. One was equipped with a Unichip and the other with a Racechip.... According to the guy that has the Unichip, he was suprised to see that the cheaper Racechip had more pronounced gain than the PhP30,000 Unichip....

Sir, kindly look at RaceChip Deutschland (Germany) website, and DTS Philippines website and you'll see all the published gains thereat. As far as the Racechip is concerned, the Isuzu Alterra is named Isuzu MU-7 (this is the Thai-Alterra; just look at the standard spec similar to our Alterra Ddi-iTEQ, not the auto-tranny MU-7 utilising the iTEQ VGS turbo engine). The Mitsubishi Monterosport is named Pajerosport (similar to the ones in Malaysia and Thailand standard Di-D engine).

3. Join Date
    Mar 2011

Sir GTi.

By the way pala, does the newly-facelifted 2012 Toyota Fortuner 2.5 D4-D come now with an intercooled engine (and with a VGT) or the engine is still the standard 2KD-FTV gaya ng Innova na walang intercooler?

We all know that the two manual-tranny SUV, namely, the Alterra 3.0 Ddi-iTEQ and the Monterosport 2.5 Di-D standard are equipped with intercoolers. Ganoon din yata sir ang Ford Everest 2.5 TDCi manual-tranny, meron din yata intercooler.

4. Join Date
    May 2010
    ^no, there isn't any intercooler for the 2.5 Fortuner. BUT, it gained 5hp from 102hp to 107hp according to the brochure.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    My mistake, I'm the one who said 107. The brochure actually says 102 PS.

So it's really 100 hp only.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    My mistake, I'm the one who said 107. The brochure actually says 102 PS.

So it's really 100 hp only.
    HAHA i know i really didn't read that from the brochure, anyways.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by hinDMaxsiado View Post
    Sir, i hope those numbers are wheel-hp hehe as DTS Philippines for one has its own chassis-dyno ---- a background i can share are two Pinoy forumers who have had their 3.0-litre Toyota D4-D chassis-dynoed at Speedlab Racing. One was equipped with a Unichip and the other with a Racechip.... According to the guy that has the Unichip, he was suprised to see that the cheaper Racechip had more pronounced gain than the PhP30,000 Unichip....

Sir, kindly look at RaceChip Deutschland (Germany) website, and DTS Philippines website and you'll see all the published gains thereat. As far as the Racechip is concerned, the Isuzu Alterra is named Isuzu MU-7 (this is the Thai-Alterra; just look at the standard spec similar to our Alterra Ddi-iTEQ, not the auto-tranny MU-7 utilising the iTEQ VGS turbo engine). The Mitsubishi Monterosport is named Pajerosport (similar to the ones in Malaysia and Thailand standard Di-D engine).

Oh so the Racechip is actually better than the Unichip? Where can we get it ba? Yung Unichip kasi mas convenient since andun na lahat sa Speedlab. I saw the Racechip website but I wish they had the dyno sheets to back their claims the same way Speedlab does with their Unichip. Napakalaki ng claims nila grabe, to the point na beyond belief na! Kung tingnan mo yung mga Hyundai at Kia oh, lagpas 100hp/L of displacement na! Meron kaya tayo dito na naka-Racechip na nagpadyno?

Yung DTS naman, ewan... Pati yung mga kotseng malamang na hindi malalagyan ng chip tulad ng Crosswind nilagyan din ng claims of performance increase...

The facelifted Fortuner still uses the same old 102ps/260Nm configuration of the 2KD-FTV engine. No VNT, no intercooler. They said that the VNT engine still has issues with the local fuel. Here we go again with the choking issues then...

8. Join Date
    Mar 2011

Sir GTi, dito mismo sa tsikot nagbebenta ng RaceChip Pro (take note the one with the Pro is the higher end), for PhP24k for tsikoters....

PM mo sir si boss Jedi, or you may call at 09053338777, or go to the "engine and fuel system talk" section of this forum; it's in one of the stickies. It says there we can buy it straight at Tsikot-Taguig shop, dito siguro sa Bonifacio business district just right across Makati.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The question with chips is long-term reliability. There are definitely chips that produce more power than the Unichip, but remember: The Unichip is tuned to your individual vehicle (if you opt to avail of the free dyno-tuning.. which is worth 5k per hour, so in effect, the Unichip is a 25k chip + dyno-tuning).

I've seen european chips outperform the Unichip on the Focus TDCi of Tuason Racing... but with increased EGTs and lots of black smoke... which is why Tuason decided to opt instead for the Unichip, which also allowed them to enable multiple running modes, including a "student/rookie" mode where the turn down the power a bit to make the car less jumpy.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by drich_enriquez View Post
    Mazda CX9 (Ok din ito kaya lang gas nga lang. BT 50 lang ang meron diesel)
    Are you sure about this???

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Whats a nice M/T SUV?