New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by hinDMaxsiado View Post

Sir GTi, dito mismo sa tsikot nagbebenta ng RaceChip Pro (take note the one with the Pro is the higher end), for PhP24k for tsikoters....

PM mo sir si boss Jedi, or you may call at 09053338777, or go to the "engine and fuel system talk" section of this forum; it's in one of the stickies. It says there we can buy it straight at Tsikot-Taguig shop, dito siguro sa Bonifacio business district just right across Makati.

Malayo ang Taguig sa amin eh... Do they do delivery along with installation too? Not that I'm buying one of those soon though. :rofl: Our only car that has an engine that should benefit much from a chip (being electronically controlled and turbocharged) is the Trooper. And we have BIG reservations as whether the lemon engine would be able to take it without giving rejection symptoms.

*niky: 25k nalang ba ang Unichip ngayon? I remember before it was 30k for integrated and 50k for plug & play?

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    What I mean is if you compare it to a 25k peso chip, buying the 30k Unichip is like buying a 25k chip and paying 5k extra to dynotune it.

While Racechip, RedTech and DPChip boxes carry standard tunes programmed in at the country of origin, each Unichip installation is custom-tuned to the specific car.

So while the standard tunes may make more or less power (depending on how aggressive the tune), the Unichip will optimize engine output on each individual vehicle. This matters even more if you combine it with intake, intercooler and exhaust modifications.

The reason some chips outperform it on stock cars is because Ferman is generally cautious in tuning and doesn't push the tuning to the edge. He tunes for approximately best power, then dials back the tuning for safety.

-----

Of course, like we discussed before, yeah... it's kind of not advisable to use it with the ticking time bomb that is the 4JX1...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    I would go for the Montero Sport GLX (2.5L 143hp vs 2.5L 102hp for the Fortuner). For the reason that the Fortuner reminds me much of our Innova inside. It has a nice ride and handling. Btw, the MT of the MS is rather car-like and crisp. More power too.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2011
    I would recommend to buy Mitsubishi Montero Sport GLS 4x4 Mt. Best value for a SUV 4x4 MT of all

5. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Just got my Montero GLX 4x2 M/T 3 days ago. I love the power, control, smooth takeoff and comfortable pedals. I'd recommend this to manual tranny drivers.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    ^ Ano na kaya napili ni TS? I would reco the MS GLS 4x4 MT and the Alterra as well.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Whats a nice M/T SUV?