New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    I need your valuable inputs as to what would be the best buy that sure value of your money. the choices are as follows:

1. Ford Escape 2.3 XLT
    2. Kia Sportage (low end)
    3. Hyundai Tucson (low end)
    4. Nissan Xtrail 2.0 (not CVT)

I have tight budget and the above-mentioned are considered to be the cheapest amongst SUVs today.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by MELDOYU View Post
    I need your valuable inputs as to what would be the best buy that sure value of your money. the choices are as follows:

1. Ford Escape 2.3 XLT

I have tight budget and the above-mentioned are considered to be the cheapest amongst SUVs today.
    Haven't driven any but for me, it's a toss-up between Sportage and Tucson.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Lapella View Post
    Haven't driven any but for me, it's a toss-up between Sportage and Tucson.
    Thank you Lapella for the suggestion. really appreciate it. however, I've been reading a lot of issues with Tucson esp if not premiums. really lots of it. hope some experts here share their experiences with Escape.

4. Join Date
    May 2010
    The Escape has no problems. It has the most comfortable ride among the three and it has a torquey and really punchy engine. FC is better compared to the Tucson/Sportage.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by SiRbossR View Post
    The Escape has no problems. It has the most comfortable ride among the three and it has a torquey and really punchy engine. FC is better compared to the Tucson/Sportage.
    Thank you SirbossR for the inputs. really appreciate it. I really agree with what you said. are there any major issues? how about the a/c? malamig po ba same as nissan?

6. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    laki ng discount sa escape. read somewhere dito sa tsikot na nakakuha siya ng 100K discount. unless you are referring to the soon to be released next gen.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by keithdb View Post
    laki ng discount sa escape. read somewhere dito sa tsikot na nakakuha siya ng 100K discount. unless you are referring to the soon to be released next gen.
    *Keithdb tama sir they are giving generous discounts. may bank's partnered dealer eh dito sa edsa ford. they offered me 60K discounts but I'm still negotiating if it can be stretched further pang break-even sa ibang prospect brands ko...winowork-out na raw nila..hehesan dealer kaya ung 100K?

Yung recent lang sir tinutukoy ko na escape. wala pa yata yung next gen dito sa pinas at kung meron man for sure hindi kasing baba ng presyo nyan tulad sa ngayong generation...

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008

1. Ford Escape 2.3 XLT

Since the Tucson and Sportage you are referring to come with the 2.0L gas engine, I would suggest against it since it is known for poor fuel consumption. I'd suggest you get the Escape. It is a very solid and comfortable car. Performance and FC are both adequately acceptable. It is also among the few CUVs that are capable off road. We have a 2003 2.0XLT here and a 2010 2.3XLS in Taiwan. No concerns whatsoever with faulty mechanicals, no concern needed for the A/C, you'd be more likely to complain of having a blizzard in your cabin.

9. Join Date
    May 2010
    Thank you SirbossR for the inputs. really appreciate it. I really agree with what you said. are there any major issues? how about the a/c? malamig po ba same as nissan?
    You'll be surprised how ice cold Ford AC's are. Even colder than nissans.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Since the Tucson and Sportage you are referring to come with the 2.0L gas engine, I would suggest against it since it is known for poor fuel consumption. I'd suggest you get the Escape. It is a very solid and comfortable car. Performance and FC are both adequately acceptable. It is also among the few CUVs that are capable off road. We have a 2003 2.0XLT here and a 2010 2.3XLS in Taiwan. No concerns whatsoever with faulty mechanicals, no concern needed for the A/C, you'd be more likely to complain of having a blizzard in your cabin.
    Wow! Thanks for this great inputs GTi! Those points you gave are what I'm really looking for an SUV. Thought the looks of an escape is really old, the reliability wise and it is there many for years already. I don't want to be swayed by the head turner looks of some suvs but with so-so performance.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
What would be the best buy for 2012 model?