New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by SiRbossR View Post
    You'll be surprised how ice cold Ford AC's are. Even colder than nissans.
    Thanks SirbossR! =) actually, this is one of the reason also why I'll replace my rig. ang aircon eh hindi nya kaya ung init especially sa tanghali..mga bandang hapon o gabi lang malamig.hehe

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Since the Tucson and Sportage you are referring to come with the 2.0L gas engine, I would suggest against it since it is known for poor fuel consumption. I'd suggest you get the Escape. It is a very solid and comfortable car. Performance and FC are both adequately acceptable. It is also among the few CUVs that are capable off road. We have a 2003 2.0XLT here and a 2010 2.3XLS in Taiwan. No concerns whatsoever with faulty mechanicals, no concern needed for the A/C, you'd be more likely to complain of having a blizzard in your cabin.
    Tucson Gas = 2.0 li
    Sportage = 2.0 li
    Escape = 2.3 li

Given their engine displacements, their gas consumption should be approximately the same rate (more or less).

3. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    I have a 2003 Ford Escape 3.0 liter and a 2007 Hyundai Tucson (2 liter gas engine). I agree the Escape is more
    fun to drive and handles well. The Tucson is less refined. That said, I've had to replace the alternator,
    power steering pump, belt tensioner, 2 ignition coils and oil cooler lines on the Escape. I've been stranded
    3 times on the road with the Escape. The Tucson has not given me any problems (so far). I will not buy
    another Ford.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    The Escape is an old design, technology-wise it is already far off from more modern competitors like the Tucson/Sportage. But if you are willing to overlook that, you'll see that it's a very good car. Some faults of the Escape that I would like to mention which occurred with our 2003 2.0XLT (the 2010 2.3XLS had no problems met as of this date) include the low position of the air intake. Try to avoid deep floods with this car, and drive slowly if you cannot. The alternator has been replaced a couple of months ago after it would sometimes stall during big throttle input on takeoff. And then the power steering pump was replaced sometime in 2008 after there was an apparent leak. I would not take these concerns to heart since the Escape is actually the most abused and neglected car in our family (babae ang normally gumagamit, kaskasera pa ). And then we must consider that our Escape is from 2003 pa so may edad na rin. And also, it was bought 2nd hand on 2007 and we do not know how the previous owner used it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
What would be the best buy for 2012 model?