New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Better to remove the 2nd row for great legroom.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Better to remove the 2nd row for great legroom.
    Hahaha... my uncle did that oince with his LC. Removed the middle seats, ended up with a third row with infinite leg room.

Unfortunately, it was still just a third row seat...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    nothing beats the gs crdi with swivel seats. turn the 2nd row around facing backwards and move the 3rd row all the way back. lay a mattress on the floor and my kids spend the journey all flat and comfy.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    nothing beats the gs crdi with swivel seats. turn the 2nd row around facing backwards and move the 3rd row all the way back. lay a mattress on the floor and my kids spend the journey all flat and comfy.
    Agree with yebo on this. Luwag!

5. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    Kind of risky? Seatbelts?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Kind of risky? Seatbelts?
    they do not even want to wear seat belts when seated at the 2nd and 3rd row so what difference does it make. mauubos lang dugo ko kakapagalit sa kanila to wear seat belts. a parent must choose your battles daw. besides when i really want them to wear seat belts i wait till they settle down then slam on the brakes it works all the time.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hmmm...

kung pasok sa budget ang Toyota Alphard or Nissan Elgrand... yan ang choice ko....

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Grand Starex with the swivelling captain's chairs... the 4" Lifetime folding table fits right between the two rows with enough space around the side to climb out around it. Puwedeng mag-picnic sa loob.

Quote Originally Posted by 5Speed View Post
    hmmm...

kung pasok sa budget ang Toyota Alphard or Nissan Elgrand... yan ang choice ko....
    You could, technically, fit a seventh person there... if he's willing to sit on the part between the third row captain's chairs, without a seat-belt or headrest, and with the plastic hinges poking him in the ass. You could fit an eight person if they're willing to sit on the plastic lunch tray between the second row captain's chairs, too.

The Alphard is a fantastic six seater, though. Front passenger and middle row all have swing up leg cushions, like fancy recliners. And all passengers get padded arm-rests and reclining seatbacks.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Grand Starex with the swivelling captain's chairs... the 4" Lifetime folding table fits right between the two rows with enough space around the side to climb out around it. Puwedeng mag-picnic sa loob.

You could, technically, fit a seventh person there... if he's willing to sit on the part between the third row captain's chairs, without a seat-belt or headrest, and with the plastic hinges poking him in the ass. You could fit an eight person if they're willing to sit on the plastic lunch tray between the second row captain's chairs, too.

The Alphard is a fantastic six seater, though. Front passenger and middle row all have swing up leg cushions, like fancy recliners. And all passengers get padded arm-rests and reclining seatbacks.

hehehehe technically you can fit 8pax.... yung dalawa na nasa captain's chair eh me kandong na petite, ***y good looking babes...

Seriously, I've ridden as a passenger on this thing (alphard and elgrand) and the ride is very comfy, the A/V system is very good and this MPV is also fast... (well I don't know what kind of engine the local dealership is offering in Manila... but the one i've ridden is 3.5 V6 engine with all the bells and whistles in it... Hellfire variant on Alphard, Highway Star variant on Nissan Elgrand)

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    With the 3.5, it's faster than most things on local roads except the V6 executive sedans and outright sports cars.

Odyssey has a better suspension and better steering, but the lighter weight and narrower body of the Alphard make it more fun to weave through traffic.

*ahurm* in a responsible manner. :p

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast