New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Am leaning toward buying the Honda Jazz.

The difference between the two cars - 2nd hand Jazz and Brand New Yaris - is P180k. And I probably can knockdown another P10k from the Jazz. =)

From all the reviews I have seen, both cars are pretty much neck-and-neck in terms of features/functions. I am neutral on the designs of the cars. So the price difference between the two is swaying me towards the Jazz.

Although the Jazz still has a warranty until Dec 2009, I am just concerned if it is roadworthy. I asked the owner if we can take his car to the Honda Dealer and have a comprehensive check up and he agreed to it. If the casa say it's ok - and I am really hoping it's ok - I'll get the Jazz.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by font View Post
    Am leaning toward buying the Honda Jazz.

The difference between the two cars - 2nd hand Jazz and Brand New Yaris - is P180k. And I probably can knockdown another P10k from the Jazz. =)

From all the reviews I have seen, both cars are pretty much neck-and-neck in terms of features/functions. I am neutral on the designs of the cars. So the price difference between the two is swaying me towards the Jazz.

Although the Jazz still has a warranty until Dec 2009, I am just concerned if it is roadworthy. I asked the owner if we can take his car to the Honda Dealer and have a comprehensive check up and he agreed to it. If the casa say it's ok - and I am really hoping it's ok - I'll get the Jazz.
    180-190k difference is big. I just hope the casa says the car is ok. Congratulations on your soon to be, hopefully, Honda Jazz.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Jazz kahit luma na pero mas OK pag bago na Jazz. Search the web. The Jazz gets high points over the Yaris. Even C! rated it 9.8/10 vs the 8/10 for the Yaris. Usually only the super expensive cars get 9+ score. At sa TG mukhang sinamba na ata nila ang Jazz

Technology wise Honda also has better products than Toyota. Mas stable nga lang ang Toyota plus dami support dito sa Pilipinas (very compatible parang clone na PC). But then the casa is the support you need the most. Dito siguro mano y mano both Toyota and Honda (ewan lang bakit puro reklamo nadidinig ko sa neighbors ko sa Toyota casa. Mahal daw OC sa 2009 Avanza 4K???? OMG!)

Check mo din ConsumerReports.Org. For 2009 the top automanufacturer based on consumer feedback is Honda. Subaru is number two. And finally Toyota as number three. Konti lang ang product line ng Honda yet it bags number one. Food for thought di ba?

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/c...view/index.htm

Of course these are generalization. Kung malas ka at marami ng problems yung nabili mong Jazz di mukhang maganda nga ibang cars compared to the Jazz. Plus CVT although a good technology requires a lot of care and maintenance only from Honda. Kung careless (at gumamit ng ATF yung previous owner instead of CVTF) e patay ka na.

As for Yaris...

"A Japanese nameplate doesn't guarantee that a car is reliable or scores well in our testing. Although most models from Honda, Subaru, and Toyota are very reliable, the Honda Element, Mitsubishi Eclipse, and Toyota Yaris all score too low in our tests for us to recommend." --- from same link above

(the Honda Element is not the Honda Jazz)
    Last edited by OldSchoolHack; April 9th, 2009 at 08:17 AM. Reason: reference to link

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
A well maintained 2007 Honda Jazz 1.5L CVT or brand new Toyota Yaris 1.5?