New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Btw, the 850 turbo hits 100kph in 6 seconds so you wont have any problems with those teenage kids challenging you to a race in their mom's civic.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    I have a 1998 Volvo S70 and the problem with the ABS light and all other dash board lights as well as the speedometer not working is due to the ABS control module/ABS control unit. My daily driver here in US a 1998 Volvo S70 T5 has all those problems mentioned above as well as my 1998 Volvo S70 2.5 that I use in the Philippines. What I did was to remove the ABS control unit and send it for repairs.
    Here's a link... Volvo ABS Control Unit Computer General Information

Quote Originally Posted by Cale View Post
    I have a 1998 Volvo S70 and the problem with the ABS light and all other dash board lights as well as the speedometer not working is due to the ABS control module/ABS control unit. My daily driver here in US a 1998 Volvo S70 T5 has all those problems mentioned above as well as my 1998 Volvo S70 2.5 that I use in the Philippines. What I did was to remove the ABS control unit and send it for repairs.
    Here's a link... Volvo ABS Control Unit Computer General Information
    I had a similar problem with a '97 S40 (1.8L gasoline-powered engine and 4A/T) back there in 2007. The repairs seemed actually to not be really so complex, altough should be always performed by someone with good electronic skills. Just with a multimeter and some copper wires to bypass I don't remember what, an uncle of mine easily fixed that...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Volvo 850 Mid 90s