New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by acunacun View Post
    Salamat po. I just want to have more than enough money in my pocket when the rainy season comes, so to speak.

Salamat po
    I probably will consider getting a previously owned car only if I know the owner personally or a friend can vouch on behalf of the owner, if only to get my desired SUV. May mga tao nga lang po na ang gusto ay amoy ng bago - isa po ako sa mga taong ganun hehe.

I like what you said about the Kona. I plan to love the car, whatever model it is, until it dies a natural death or is ready to be used in an explosion scene for an action film.
    In that case I suppose you are already set on getting a Vitara. Suzuki's are known to be sturdy vehicles. Not the best in performance or fuel efficiency, but are often well equipped and last long.

I remember we have family in Taiwan who owned a 90s 3 door Escudo. Reliable and capable little thing. I remember my uncle who lived there boasting that he had waded through floods that covered half of the car and reached the end of the speedometer (160 lang naman Vitara GLX vs Kona vs Civic 1.8E CVT) on the highway. Of course the current Vitara is just a spiritual successor at best and an entirely different animal altogether. But the reliability the brand is known for should still be there.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by acunacun View Post
    until it dies a natural death or is ready to be used in an explosion scene for an action film.
    You reminded me of our old 2 door Ford Cortina.

It was bought for 12k (around mid-90's) for an explosion scene.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
    There is such a thing as too common din. When we sold our 40k mileage 2011 Vios E AT binabarat din kami dahil they're very common sa OLX and used car lots
    I agree.

With common cars, kalaban mo yung nag post ng mura since may family emergency or mag migrate (sila yung fire sale kung magbenta ng used car)

However, at least may naghanap/tumawad

just imagine if you were selling a car tapos kahit tumingin wala...

4. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Vitara..

Proven...

Dyan po ako natuto mag drive (4 door JLX 16v) nung teenage years,
    4x4 yan.. (14 years ago)

Kona? di ko po alam na model yan, to be honest..

Civic 1.8 E? yes, familiar po ako dyan,

Yung mismong RS, nag-scout po ako dyan dati.. basta merong ARC, (ayala group) may mga discount pag dating sa maintenance,

BTW: ayala and yuchenco ang market sales..

still sedan pa rin lalo sa NCR..

Di ba considered ang "Pick-up" ?

5. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Subcompact crossovers are great for city driving ...

Is there a subcompact crossover that has good quality interior and comfortable ride? ...

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Subcompact crossovers are great for city driving ...

Is there a subcompact crossover that has good quality interior and comfortable ride? ...
    I think the HRV and CX3 would fit that requirement. They are a bit pricey, same price as the XV which is a bit bigger already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    I think the HRV and CX3 would fit that requirement. They are a bit pricey, same price as the XV which is a bit bigger already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HR-V = Good interior quality, good space (more spacious than the XV), not so good ride
    CX-3 = Good interior quality, cramped, not sure about the ride (have not driven one)

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by glntVR View Post
    HR-V = Good interior quality, good space (more spacious than the XV), not so good ride
    CX-3 = Good interior quality, cramped, not sure about the ride (have not driven one)
    HRV bigger than the new XV? It was bigger than the old XV but the new one is significantly bigger.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Apr 2018
    The 2018 XV is bigger and IMHO has better interiors than the current HR-V.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    CX-3 - Has firm and precise handling but ride is stiff and rear is a little bouncy. It is not comfortable at all during long drives - whether you are the driver or passenger. The HR-V is way more forgiving on bumps and unsealed roads.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast