New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Try also to consider Mazda 2 or Ford Fiesta. Much newer, prettier and fresher models than the City and Vios. Forget that resale value if you will use the car for longer time. Look at the features and scrutinize the specs for you to decide the better choice. Very common na ang City, Vios on the streets. Baka parahin ka pa sa kalye pag naka Vios ka, mapagkamalan kang taxi.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    18 in city driving? Unless he was doing an Eco-run by cruising on EDSA at 50 km/h on a Saturday (got 23 km/l out of a City on one of Honda's runs... ), I highly doubt it.

In real life, the Vios 1.5 and Honda 1.5 have about the same fuel economy... (in fact, the Vios 1.5 AT I'm testing now is slightly worse than the Mazda2 1.5 I tested a few months ago). I expect the 1.3s to be similar as well... expect around 10 km/l in traffic, and about 7-8 km/l in rush-hour traffic.

Toyota maintenance costs are cheaper per service, but that doesn't change the fact that you only have to go to the dealership every 10,000 kilometers in the Honda versus 5,000 for the Toyota. That means for every day you have to go to Honda (which costs gas money, toll money (depending on where you service), lunch money, commuting and hours of your time), you spend double that to go to another dealership with another car. After experiencing the convenience of 10,000 km servicing with our CR-V, I don't think I ever want to go back to the 5,000 km interval... especially since with our usage, we hit 5,000 kms in just one month.

If you opt for the extended oil change with the Vios, you'll have to buy the synthetic oil, and the price difference goes away.

One good thing now is that the Honda 1.3 is no longer-dual spark. You don't have to spend as much on spark plug changes as before.

Take a look at the Ford Fiesta 1.4 and the Mazda2 1.5 also... the lower end Fiesta is in the same price range and shares the Honda 10,000 km service intervals but with lower cost. The Mazda2 1.5 is a bit of a stretch, but it's fun to drive and fuel economy is pretty decent, even if it is a 1.5.
    Last edited by niky; September 9th, 2010 at 01:12 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    No doubt sa City ako.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    * niky salamat sa comments mo...try ko tingnan ang mazda 2...pero parang ayoko sa ford

* lastpogi may city ka? ayos ba?

city is newer than vios...

any 1.3L wag nyu naman expect na it would accelerate like an impreza...its build for economy than speed..

comment ko lang sa city--sobra ang pagka-angle ng A-pillar na sa case ko-- kailangan ko i-slide muna ang seat bago ako lumabas otherwise, mauuntog ako sa a-pillar---aerodynamic cause ata kaya designed na ganun..

6. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by likot View Post
    Vios 1.3 ba? Mahinang bumatak. Mabilis lang kapag nakabwelo na. Pero from zero to 100kph? Paluin mo ng latigo or ifloor mo ang pedal para bumirit.

City 1.3, sabi ng friend ko na naka City hina daw bumatak. Same as vios mabilis lang kapag nakabwelo na. Nasanay lang siguro ako sa 1.6 up kaya ganito ang observation ko.

Parehong tipid sa gas ang dalawang to!
    Sanay ka lang sa 1.6. Palagay ko masasanay ka rin sa 1.3L someday.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Dong Castro View Post
    salamat sa mga opinion at suggestion nyo...pareho lang pala matipid sa gas..pero sabi ng kaibigan ko 18 km per liter daw ang vios pag city driving..then 22 km per liter pag long drive..totoo ba yun?

parang mas ok sa akin ang porma ng city..d ko lang alam kung ok ang performance at maintenance compared sa vios..parang tested na kasi ang vios

Maganda at maporma ang city. Kaya lang maintenance cost lang ang mahal. Resale value ok.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by nickriingen View Post
    Try also to consider Mazda 2 or Ford Fiesta. Much newer, prettier and fresher models than the City and Vios. Forget that resale value if you will use the car for longer time. Look at the features and scrutinize the specs for you to decide the better choice. Very common na ang City, Vios on the streets. Baka parahin ka pa sa kalye pag naka Vios ka, mapagkamalan kang taxi.
    Don't forget the Hyundai Accent and Kia Rio. kalaban din ng Vios at City.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    DOHC has nothing to do with power... Bottomline, the City has higher peak power than the Vios. Yun nga lang the way the power is distributed mas gusto ko yung sa Vios...
    Tama ka pre. Yun sinsabi mo power distributed, trabaho ng DOHC. Correct me if I am wrong kapag binaba ang makina mas matrabaho gawin ang DOHC kaysa sa SOHC.

masmadaming piyesa ang DOHC..

well, ung rio and accent are overpriced... curently, ang pinakasulit lang sa korean is getz, pero too old na din.

mas madaming makakagawa ng vios salamat sa mga taxis and having that old engine...unlike sa city na newer engine, tranny and siyemrpre "honda" terms na di pwede i-taxi

nga pala, toyota lang nag-oofer ng lease-to-own financing... meaning eto lang ang REAL "in-house" financing...di na dadaan ng bangko, kaya no CMF..

kung balak mo namang mag-honda, instead of going sa dealer, sa BPI ka dumirecho, mas madali at mas maganda ang terms nila.. since "honda" is either ayala or yuchengco...at bangko ng ayala is BPI.. nagpa quote ako last year for a 1.5V jazz, maganda ang terms pero di ko kinagat muna--kaya na naka xtrail ako ngayon, although used, pero paid in cash...nakakita ng fresh unit...
    Last edited by alwayz_yummy; September 11th, 2010 at 07:04 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
vios vs. city