New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    The undestroyable toyota hilux tested ng topgear uk hehe. dami pa pyesa di mo na kelangan mangibang bario pa.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by shibby75 View Post
    The undestroyable toyota hilux tested ng topgear uk hehe. dami pa pyesa di mo na kelangan mangibang bario pa.
    i agree. but these hilux refers to the older ones like the hilux LN106 and older variants. They are equipped with solid axles up front and leaf springs on all 4 corners. "bullet proof" underchassis is what extreme off roaders refer them to be. The newer Hilux models: the LN166 (1998 up to the present) are now equipped with IFS, better handling in tarmac but a little disappointing on tough roads (plenty of things to replace when time to repair suspension).....
    to the TS, IMHO, considering your road condition, the best for you would be a 4WD with a leaf or coil spring up front and equipped with a solid axle. Less complicated suspension and more durable than the IFS set up...
    the drawback is that most newer 4wd are embracing the IFS set up, heck, even the most upscale Landcruiser and Patrol royale are on IFS...

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shibby75 View Post
    i agree. but these hilux refers to the older ones like the hilux LN106 and older variants. They are equipped with solid axles up front and leaf springs on all 4 corners. "bullet proof" underchassis is what extreme off roaders refer them to be. The newer Hilux models: the LN166 (1998 up to the present) are now equipped with IFS, better handling in tarmac but a little disappointing on tough roads (plenty of things to replace when time to repair suspension).....
    to the TS, IMHO, considering your road condition, the best for you would be a 4WD with a leaf or coil spring up front and equipped with a solid axle. Less complicated suspension and more durable than the IFS set up...
    the drawback is that most newer 4wd are embracing the IFS set up, heck, even the most upscale Landcruiser and Patrol royale are on IFS...

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    I'd go for the Ford Ranger, currently the best selling pickup, coming from a personal experience, its fuel efficient, has the biggest towing and hauling capacity, biggest truck bed so far not sure if upcoming navarra and hilux would be as big.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ruelle41 View Post
    Idadaan daw sa mga lubak, so I dont think feasible mag sedan. Gonna vote for the MUX as well. Why not Fortuner? Tried and tested and at the end of its cycle na, most kinks are already ironed out so it might give you more peace of mind than the newly released MUX.
    Manila pa lang marami nang lubak. I guess it just depends how fast you want to take those potholes and bumps.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    I'd go for the Ford Ranger, currently the best selling pickup, coming from a personal experience, its fuel efficient, has the biggest towing and hauling capacity, biggest truck bed so far not sure if upcoming navarra and hilux would be as big.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    If hindi pwede ang Innova dahil sasayad, bakit nasa list of options yung Hyundai Accent?
    Fortuner/Montero/Mux ako dito. Fortuner has common parts with Innova. Montero has common parts with Adventure/L200/L300.

7. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by b0y37 View Post
    If hindi pwede ang Innova dahil sasayad, bakit nasa list of options yung Hyundai Accent?
    Fortuner/Montero/Mux ako dito. Fortuner has common parts with Innova. Montero has common parts with Adventure/L200/L300.
    yung actually ang one of the choices ko kaso yung daan dito samin since lupa sya , minsan lumubog dahil lagi nadadaanan
    sabi ng mrs ko masikip daw ang fortuner, montero naman same engine pa yung nag strada, mga strada kasi dito umuusok ng itim

8. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by pctechphcom View Post
    yung actually ang one of the choices ko kaso yung daan dito samin since lupa sya , minsan lumubog dahil lagi nadadaanan
    sabi ng mrs ko masikip daw ang fortuner, montero naman same engine pa yung nag strada, mga strada kasi dito umuusok ng itim
    Nasa tama at religious na maintenance po naman lahat yan. Kahit na yan itim na usok na sinasabi mo.

If you really want something that will last VERY LONG ang SUPER EASY TO MAINTAIN get a naturally aspirated car. Less moving parts, less to break.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Imo built to last.. Ford everest.. Swak pa ung bago sa 4thQ na target mo. Kung hindi man yan mu-x na.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by pctechphcom View Post
    Meron kaming Strada bro, GLS Sport V A/T. Hindi naman sya mausok todo apak na yan. Naniniwala ako na nasa tamang maintenance at malinis na krudo lang yan. Ok din naman ang Montero, tried and tested na at sure na makakakuha ng piyesa.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Vehicle Built To Last , easy Maintain and comfortable