New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda View Post

and yes... VTEC has just two cam profile. nothing spectactular. once the rpm hits 5000rpm (and assuming that there is enough oil pressure & a warm engine) it'll change to the more aggressive cam.
    that is also what I LITTLE understand about it. I am not sure but I read that is why people use racing chip for their Vtec to make it aggresive from the start. meaning a factory tuned Vtec is intentionaly designed for Economy...

probably that's why there is the CVT. so you can tune it for Sports or Economy for yourself right?

not an Engine Expert, but in Movies, Games and real Test videos, mas na-uuna po yung Nissan GTR Skyline. I have no Idea what kind of engine design ba siya... basta 2.7L :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by ferdine View Post
    Never heard about fairlady. Hindi pa ako isinilang non.
    Ako rin, hindi ko pa narinig yan until I watched Tokyo Drift, that's the "Orange Car" ni Hang...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tokyo_Drift#Featured_cars

ako rin noon, My world revolves around Toyota and Honda only...
    napahiya ata ako, walang Toyota at Honda sa Tokyo Drift...
    Last edited by rion; August 31st, 2006 at 04:45 PM.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by rion View Post

ako rin noon, My world revolves around Toyota and Honda only...
    napahiya ata ako, walang Toyota at Honda sa Tokyo Drift...
    Tokyo Drift? Ito ba yong movie? Haven't seen it yet. But I had a video CD of a famous Japanese race car driver filmed live teaching audiences on how to do drifting. It was actually a documentary/tutorial film and if I can still remember it right, he was using a Toyota (was that a Supra?) -am not so very sure now.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by rion View Post

Ako rin, hindi ko pa narinig yan until I watched Tokyo Drift, that's the "Orange Car" ni Hang...
    Mazda RX-7 designed by Veilside Orange/Black 1994 Han[9]
    Nissan Fairlady 350Z Gold 2004 Morimoto [6]
    Nissan Fairlady 350Z Black/Gunmetal 2002 D.K.[8]
    Nissan Fairlady 350Z Gold/Black 2002 Morimoto [10]
    Nissan Fairlady 350Z Blue/Silver 2003 Tea Hair[11]

The Veilside Fortune body-kitted RX-7 driven by Sung Kang's character was originally built by Veilside for the 2005 Auto Salon but was later bought by Universal and repainted (the original was dark red and not orange and black like in the film)[27].

Notable drifting personalities Keiichi Tsuchiya, Rhys Millen, and Samuel Hubinette were consulted and employed by the movie to provide and execute the drifting and driving stunts in the film.[28] Tanner Faust, Rich Rutherford, Calvin Wan, and Alex Pfeiffer were also brought it when it was revealed that none of Universal's own stunt drivers could drift.[29]

Kaya hwag maniwala lahat sa movie.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda View Post
    Orly... yup... turbo yung GTX. just pointing out that "technology" per se is not just the realm of Honda.
    So ano bang pinag-uusapan natin dito? variable valve timing which is the subject o turbocharging?

5. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    ferdine,

i think the issue is you come off as too much of a honda fanboy. of course that will rub people the wrong way. honda never has been at the technological bleeding edge.

it is accurate to say that honda brought variable valve timing to the masses. and that's it. they were neither first, nor are they the best.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by orly_andico View Post
    ferdine,

i think the issue is you come off as too much of a honda fanboy. of course that will rub people the wrong way. honda never has been at the technological bleeding edge.

it is accurate to say that honda brought variable valve timing to the masses. and that's it. they were neither first, nor are they the best.
    Surprise! Orly and mazda are both the same guy. Now I know. I have my opinion about variable valve timing and I would like to convince the first poster about the merits of i-VTEC. I stick to the argument and backed it facts from wikipedia which is quite a good resource for educational purposes. If I'm a Honda fanboy and rubs off people like you, it's not my fault. Ika nga... talo ang maasar. He-he-he-he-....

Kaya nga cguro liko-liko pa kayo hanggang sa nakarating na kayo sa
    rotary na admittedly, I don't have that kind of motor. But it's not a rocket science na puede lang sa mga elite groups like yours.

Kaya nga I respect whatever opinion you have about Honda's not in the bleeding edge. Opinion mo yan and I can't do something about that. Problema kasi kung hindi mag agree ang opinion ng ibang tao sa inyo, ibabasura nyo dahil kayo lang ang tama.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ferdine View Post
    I stick to the argument and backed it facts from wikipedia which is quite a good resource for educational purposes. If I'm a Honda fanboy and rubs off people like you, it's not my fault. Ika nga... talo ang maasar. He-he-he-he-....
    Sorry to burst your bubble boy but Wikipedia isn't exactly an authoritative resource. Anyone can write anything on Wikipedia.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    You can't do much about someone who has blind faith in a car company.

My sig may say Mitsu and I do have my preferences but I do not put all my eggs in one basket (or in this case, a car company).

As for my opinion, Hondas are way overrated in may aspects. I'd rather take the underdogs. But that's just me.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    I guess my question to always_yummy is, on what terms/criteria is the comparo? Is it about which is better technologically?

10. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    You can't do much about someone who has blind faith in a car company.
    True true. We have here ferdine who's faithful to Civics no matter what. There's also a certain self-proclaimed cute*ss car guy who for some reason has a fetish for Sentras. There's nothing wrong with liking a particular brand, but facts are facts. One should accept the weakness of the brand he likes and refrain from pointlessly defending it.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
variable valve engine comparo