New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2012
    kapitbahay namin may escape ayaw nyang gamitin pag susundo sa NAIA lakas daw sa gas, kaya hinihiram na lang nya fortuner(diesel) ng uncle nya
    tama ginagawa mo sir tanong- tanong muna bago bumanat, kung pampamilya ang gusto mo yung medyo malaki na at diesel kunin mo, para di ka magaya sa mother in law ko..nagsayang lang ng pera..:rofl:

2. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    my cousin has an escape in his home, rarely used it, a real guzzler. his problem is how to dispose it. hirap ibenta dahil most buyers prefer fuel efficient cars. sa taas ba naman ng gasolina ngayon. IMO, go for brand new mirage, for obvious reasons.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Tributes actually have different power steering calibration and different suspension settings compared to the Escape, intended to make them sportier. ;)

A Tribute V6 in FWD is the best driving of the lot. Lots of power, and no 4WD to weigh it down. Of course, the gas bills in traffic are murder.
    I personally find the Tribute to have sharper and lighter steering, as well as a somewhat stiffer ride as compared to the Escape. The 2.3L engine will get you anywhere from 6-7+km/L city depending on the route and traffic conditions. In fact, our 2010 2.3XLS gets 8-9km/L in Taiwan provincial city driving conditions. 2.0L and 3.0L are guzzlers. Our previous 2003 Escape 2.0L 4x4 constantly got less than 6km/L.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    I won't exchange my 2007 4x4 AT 2.3L escape not even for a brand mirage. It's just too dependable & reasonable gas consumption.
    10.5km/ltr on hiway & 8km/ltr in the city.

Gas consumption is relative. small engine less consumption but fewer load, bigger engine more load more gas. Walking does not need gas
    and good for health.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Bumili ka na lang ng bagong uncle!

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Wishing View Post
    Bumili ka na lang ng bagong uncle!

^^

7. Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Sorry po at ngayon lang nakabalik sa thread ko. Salamat sa mga inputs nyo mga master. To those asking, the price being offered to me for the Escape is not more than 270k. I haven't checked the unit thoroughly, but I got a chance to ride in it. It's a 4x2 XLT AT - not sure, hindi po ako familiar sa mga variant ng sasakyan.

Anyway, most of the comments are making me to lean more on the Mirage. Thanks Tsikot for helping beginners like me!

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    4x2 XLT? Confirm mo ulit. XLT is a 4x4 variant, while the XLS is the 4x2. Check also whether it is 2.3 or 2.0. If its the 2.3, and in good condition, 270k is actually a pretty good deal. Maybe you can even get it down to 250k?

9. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    its a2005 model, the year when it changed to the 2.3, it could be either
    thats a good deal, I have a neighbor selling a 2005 4x2 xls 2.3 for 335k

10. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Another good deal circa 05 variant is the Escape XLS NBX (No Boundaries Ed)

Top of the line kit sans the sunroof, new crystallized HL, two-toned paint, new better looking mags, 4x2 and 2.3L engine. Perfect! hehe

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast