New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Kung ok pa ang condition ng escape, yan pipiliin ko.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Kung mababa yung offer sa Escape (250k perhaps or even lower), I guess it would be a good deal as long as it is in good shape. Much better if the Escape comes already with the 2.3L engine as it is more efficient than the older 2.0L engine.

Maybe a used compact within 250k to 300k would also be something to consider. A used Civic or Altis or Sentra will give you decent FC, good enough space, and acceptable maintenance cost.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Depende sayo. Do you know your uncle to be one who takes good care of his car? 2005 is a tad old. How much is he gonna give it to you for? How high is the mileage already? Is it 2.3 or 2.0? Personally, if the price is no higher than 300k, mileage is at or below 70tkms and has the 2.3L engine, I'd go for the Escape. But given the option, and the same budget as a brand new Mirage (even if its the base model), I'd go for a newer unit, maybe around 2007 thereabouts.

The Escape is a reliable and comfortable car. Definitely tougher and faster than the Mirage. Take note that the 2.0L Zetec is underpowered and thirsty, the 2.3L Duratec is acceptably quick and quite thrifty for its size.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    I'd have second thoughts for a 2007 Tribute 2.3L but not with an Escape.

The Tribute 2.3L has far more equipped than an Escape (puddle lamps, power retract vs fixed antenna of Escape, steering wheel audio controls, big sunroof etc) and is lighter (because it is FWD only).

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    The Escape has a 2.3L 4x2 (XLS) variant, which also gets the power retractable antenna. Only the 3.0V6 4x4 gets the sunroof, and steering wheel mounted controls are not an option, since the Tribute got its steering wheel from the Mazda 6.

The Tribute has a higher resale value than the Escape but is indeed the better equipped car, with much better steering feel might I add. A minor but annoying fault I find is that the built-in wind deflector on our Tribute's sunroof tends to rattle against the metal above it when vibration gets harsh. I had to slip a piece of cardboard between the two to reduce the noise. Also, I find the Escape to look more... masculine. The Tribute, for me, looks generic Japan...

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    I got to drive a relative's 3.0V6 Escape, it clocked me 5-6km/L city driving. Moderate traffic.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Again, I just want to reiterate the advantages of getting a brand new or younger car, less hassles, less headaches. If you have the means of getting one then go for it.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    get the escape, then your uncle buys the new mirage. heh heh. i tell you, sometimes relatives make the "baddest" advisers.
    if you can afford it, nothing beats getting a brand new car.
    if your intended passengers fit ok in the mirage, then mirage it is.
    if your intended passengers will not fit in the mirage, then mirage it ain't.
    5 km/li? i'm not sure i'd accept it to use it if it were being given to me free. probably, if i get it free, i'd probably sell it pronto and use the money to get a new mirage..
    Last edited by dr. d; May 14th, 2013 at 10:31 PM.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    The Escape has a 2.3L 4x2 (XLS) variant, which also gets the power retractable antenna. Only the 3.0V6 4x4 gets the sunroof, and steering wheel mounted controls are not an option, since the Tribute got its steering wheel from the Mazda 6.

The Tribute has a higher resale value than the Escape but is indeed the better equipped car, with much better steering feel might I add. A minor but annoying fault I find is that the built-in wind deflector on our Tribute's sunroof tends to rattle against the metal above it when vibration gets harsh. I had to slip a piece of cardboard between the two to reduce the noise. Also, I find the Escape to look more... masculine. The Tribute, for me, looks generic Japan...
    Tributes actually have different power steering calibration and different suspension settings compared to the Escape, intended to make them sportier. ;)

A Tribute V6 in FWD is the best driving of the lot. Lots of power, and no 4WD to weigh it down. Of course, the gas bills in traffic are murder.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Kung pang pamilya and you're on a budget, pareho lang ba ang presyo ng mirage sa avanza? Mas practical at pang pamilya ang avanza...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast