New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Hi all,

Need ko lang po ng mga advice nyo. Nakapagdecide na kasi ko na kumuha ng brand new mitsubishi mirage recently. Ready na sana, kaso biglang in-offer sakin nung uncle ko yung 2005 ford escape nya.

Ganito kasi, gusto ko yung mirage as a first car for my family. I'm looking at fuel economy since ang mahal ng gas ngayon. But then looking forward in the future, plano ko din naman sana bumili ng mas malaking sasakyan, when the budget allows.

If I buy the Escape, I'll be saving a lot from monthly ammortizations that a new mirage will cost. My concern is, baka mas mahal naman in effect ang maging cost saken, since mas malakas sa gas ang Escape, and also the maintenance.

What do you think?

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    no question, go for the Mirage.

If ease of maintenance is your primary concern, Ford Escape would make your wallet flat. parts availability, walang problema pero medyo madugo price. considering 8 years na yung car, sooner or later there would be parts that need replacing.

Mirage naman, maliit but reliability is a non issue because it's brand new.

pros ng escape is sobrang ganda ng ride and seats are comfy. pros ng Mirage, sobrang tipid sa gas and brand new.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Mirage for me. Then buy an suv in the future keeping the mirage. Para meron kang matipid na daily driver tsaka pangmaramihang sakay when needed. Tsaka you can get a diesel one para matipid pa rin. Unless right now madami na kayo. Then i guess masokay ang escape. Pero its old enough to make you experience possible headaches na eh. Good luck!

4. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Magkano ang total first year hulog mo plus other maintenance costs ng brand new (gas, non-warranty items, etc.)? Compare mo yun sa gas, typical repair items for an 8 year old Escape, plus a 30% of the cost of a catastrophic failure, like engine or transmission.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    How much will you be saving in amortization? A 2005 Escape will still cost you some 300k. If you're getting it for free, that's another story.

The Mirage should cost you roughly half-as-much to run per kilometer versus the Escape in terms of gas. Not to mention unscheduled servicing (for an Escape, that will be mostly brakes, busted lights, maybe the shocks after eight years). If you're paying roughly the same for both, I'd get the Mirage.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Thanks to all of you. Now at least I'm having a clear understanding of what the Escape will cost.

And no *niky, I'm not getting it free. Wish I'm that lucky! thanks to your inputs!

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Other than the ride height,- I'll go for the car of the year.....

19.1K:insomnia:

8. Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

Other than the ride height,- I'll go for the car of the year.....

19.1K:insomnia:
    Car of the year po ba ang mirage. Actually, love at first sight nga ko sa grey na mirage. :D

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005

10. Join Date
    May 2006
    Sa brand new ka na sakit sa ulo lang ang segundamano.

tignan mo din yung Suzuki Dzire kung pampamilya ang habol mo.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast