New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    For the newer turbocharged cars these days, kelangan pa rin ba yung pagcool down bago patayin yung makina?

2. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    ^^If you've been pushing the engine hard, it's highly recommended. I haven't really done so yet, as I'm babying my car while it's in the break-in phase.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by scharnhorst View Post
    For the newer turbocharged cars these days, kelangan pa rin ba yung pagcool down bago patayin yung makina?
    It is always advisable to cool down the engine after a hard drive before shutting it down.

If you dont want to waste time, just have a turbo timer installed to do the cool down process automatically for you.

New or old, shutting down a hot turbocharger will result in cooking the oil within the turbo which will lead to premature wear & tear of parts in that area.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    It is always advisable to cool down the engine after a hard drive before shutting it down.

If you dont want to waste time, just have a turbo timer installed to do the cool down process automatically for you.

New or old, shutting down a hot turbocharger will result in cooking the oil within the turbo which will lead to premature wear & tear of parts in that area.
    superchargers don't need the same treatment, right?

hmmm. toyota claims na hindi kelangan i-cooldown yung D4d

5. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    ^^^ yeah just turn the engine off

6. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict View Post
    and do modern turbos need cool down ? im sure the manufacturing tolerances are high,.
    the issue is about the oil. magca-cake kasi yun sa loob e

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i asked the Subaru people, no need to cool down the turbo nowadays. But who knows?
    Ask the same people if they are using the same car two years from now.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    and do modern turbos need cool down ? im sure the manufacturing tolerances are high,.
    It's not the turbo itself. It is the lubricating oil that keeps the turbo's spindle from self destructing that you should be worried about.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    i asked the Subaru people, no need to cool down the turbo nowadays. But who knows?
    I'd still do it regardless, just to be on the safe side. What's a couple of minutes idling anyway?

Maybe they meant after normal driving where you don't push the engine that hard it's OK to shut off the engine at once, which is what I typically do now during the break-in process, but after hard driving sessions (:D) I think a cool down is in order.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by crossdx View Post
    I'd still do it regardless, just to be on the safe side. What's a couple of minutes idling anyway?
    it adds up sa mileage. hehe. better to calm down on the last five minutes of driving than let it idle

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
A turbo car or a naturally-aspirated engine-powered car?