New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    I agree, the HR-V is the perfect choice for the Titas of Manila. Trailblazer or MU-X
    Notice i didnt include the XV? even though im fan, resale is kinda subaru's downside, compared to hondas and toyotas, turn over is faster

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    I agree, the HR-V is the perfect choice for the Titas of Manila. Trailblazer or MU-X
    Notice i didnt include the XV? even though im fan, resale is kinda subaru's downside, compared to hondas and toyotas, turn over is faster

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Yes, a CR-V still has better resale value than a Forester, although Subarus still fare better than, say, an X-Trail or Tucson.

The XV is actually another great Titas of Manila car, and I know a lot of women who have gone for it over the bigger Forester. It's just that Honda is still more popular with ordinary folks (although its brand equity has significantly declined in recent years).

3. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Xv is near the end of its model life

4. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    I like the look of the Trailblazer, but I like the ride of the MU-X better. Out of all the ladder frame-based SUVs available locally, the MU-X is the most comfortable (by contrast, the Fortuner has the worst ride). However, I didn't like how the MU-X handled. When I drove it, it felt like a cloud since it was very springy and felt like on air. Definitely tuned for ride comfort since it's very soft. Torque is available on the low-end range so the MU-X doesn't feel underpowered despite what the spec sheet says. It only has 320 Nm of torque iirc which is the worst in its class.

Most would suggest to wait for the new Fortuner and Montero, but if Thai prices are any indicator, then the new models will be substantially more expensive than the outgoing ones. That's where the MU-X shines as its mid-range variant, the 4x2 LS-A AT, costs a modest P1.35M and is very generously equipped. Traction control, electronic stability system, ABS with EBD and brake assist, dual climate control, TPMS, headunit with navigation, rear parking camera and sensors, Bluetooth, six speakers with tweeters, etc.

As for resale value, let's just say it's hard to put a price on true satisfaction. Don't buy a model just because it'll sell better after you're through with it. Say you keep it for 5 years and aren't truly happy with it aside from its resale value. That's 5 years wasted. Buy what you like best that's within your reach.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2015
    pano nalang si tita na maraming pamangkin at barkada?bawal mag Mux?

6. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Kestana View Post
    I like the look of the Trailblazer, but I like the ride of the MU-X better. Out of all the ladder frame-based SUVs available locally, the MU-X is the most comfortable (by contrast, the Fortuner has the worst ride). However, I didn't like how the MU-X handled. When I drove it, it felt like a cloud since it was very springy and felt like on air. Definitely tuned for ride comfort since it's very soft. Torque is available on the low-end range so the MU-X doesn't feel underpowered despite what the spec sheet says. It only has 320 Nm of torque iirc which is the worst in its class.

Most would suggest to wait for the new Fortuner and Montero, but if Thai prices are any indicator, then the new models will be substantially more expensive than the outgoing ones. That's where the MU-X shines as its mid-range variant, the 4x2 LS-A AT, costs a modest P1.35M and is very generously equipped. Traction control, electronic stability system, ABS with EBD and brake assist, dual climate control, TPMS, headunit with navigation, rear parking camera and sensors, Bluetooth, six speakers with tweeters, etc.

As for resale value, let's just say it's hard to put a price on true satisfaction. Don't buy a model just because it'll sell better after you're through with it. Say you keep it for 5 years and aren't truly happy with it aside from its resale value. That's 5 years wasted. Buy what you like best that's within your reach.
    Actually the HU is just TPMS-ready. The 4x2 LS-A currently has the best value for money compared to competing mid range variants. Akala ko nga namali pa SA nun when I asked if may ESC and traction control 4x2 nung preview pa lang. Hehe.

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617
Trailblazer or MU-X