New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    Swifts aren't really swift & the Dzire isn't really desirable. Worth is relative. There are a number of alternatives in this segment.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    If only they brought the Swift Sport (1.6L turbo) locally, then we can say they are swift. Now, they took away the 1.4L engine and just gave people the anemic 1.2L engine.

How about they put that 1.6L engine of the Vitara on the Swift? That would be much better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    If only they brought the Swift Sport (1.6L turbo) locally, then we can say they are swift. Now, they took away the 1.4L engine and just gave people the anemic 1.2L engine.

How about they put that 1.6L engine of the Vitara on the Swift? That would be much better.

Agree with this one. Or bring in at least the turbo 3-pot Booster Jet from India.

Sent from my SM-T825Y using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post

Does it mean that the swift with 1.2 engine does not do justice? I have a relative who is patiently waiting for a second hand swift 1.2 but with a very limited budget. May ibang swift 1.4 and 1.5 na old model na pasok sa budget nya, but he doesnt want to. He's more leaning to smaller engines for better FC.

4. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by 15thMan View Post
    Does it mean that the swift with 1.2 engine does not do justice? I have a relative who is patiently waiting for a second hand swift 1.2 but with a very limited budget. May ibang swift 1.4 and 1.5 na old model na pasok sa budget nya, but he doesnt want to. He's more leaning to smaller engines for better FC.
    was able to do 180kph in nlex before doing 1k km pms
    150k kph easy, but then again egan is used to driving really fast and way over 150kph LOL

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by 15thMan View Post
    What I meant was that putting an anemic 1.2L engine do not give justice to the "Swift" name. Being swift means quick, fast, athletic, and nimble. If performance is a key concern, then go look for another vehicle with a more potent engine and sporty chassis.

Quote Originally Posted by ninjababez View Post
    150k kph easy, but then again egan is used to driving really fast and way over 150kph LOL
    Grabe ka naman, bro! Binenta mo naman ako. Marami din iba dyan hanep humataw sa expressways.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjababez View Post
    the last time i read a fast speed from a mini car, was from a guy...
    as it was falling off the cliff!
    heh heh.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    the last time i read a fast speed from a mini car, was from a guy...
    as it was falling off the cliff!
    heh heh.
    I had a small car too and I love driving it fast. I felt sad letting it go. It had a small 3-cylider engine but it packs a turbo.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    ...daihatsu charade..?

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    ...daihatsu charade..?
    Ford Fiesta Ecoboost, it is still a small car like the Yaris, Swift, Jazz, and Mazda2.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Looked over the new Swift displayed at SM North EDSA. The engine bay is clean, as in too clean! The engine is so small you could use the engine bay as another luggage trunk with all that extra space. I would have liked the Swift's styling but that anemic engine is such a downer.

Sent from my SM-T825Y using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast