New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    It's unfortunate how lousy the staff at Toyota and Honda showrooms are, in terms of attentiveness to customers and product knowledge. Tsk! Tsk! They're really riding on the badge. And they probably add to the overhead, which is why their brands are getting more expensive.
    Last edited by IMm29; November 21st, 2006 at 12:53 PM.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    Only 1 Rio trim level is available.

The Sedan M/T for Php535k. Sony Explod sound system, anti-theft system, power steering, power windows, power locks, power mirrors, 60:40 folding seatback, 1.4 engine (94bhp), cabin air filtration system, etc.

But does not come with SRS, ABS, alloy wheels.
    no Rio5?
    how's the interior space? which kia branch is this again?

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Please don't generalize. Not all Toyota and Honda sales people are bad and not all sales personel from the other car companies give good service.

When I was shopping for a car, I went to almost all the dealers in Quezon Ave. This is my experience.

Nissan QA: Lots of parking available. Was assisted as soon as I entered the showroom. The sales lady even offered trade in option. She was very accomodating and tried her best unfortunately the trade in value was to low and I am not a fan of Nissan in general. She was still texting me promos a few weeks after I left the showroom.

Toyota QA: Walked over from Nissan. Was greeted upon entry and approached by a salesman after a few minutes. Was looking at cars at this point. Was told by the salesman to wait a couple of weeks for the World of Toyota event as I can get better deals. I found it to be good advice. He then computed the different financing options and was very helpful.

Mitsu QA: Guard helped in parking. Walked over to the counter and was assisted by the saleslady. Service not bad.

Hyundai QA: Parked, walked in and started to look at the cars. Saw 2 sales people at the counter but they continued their conversation and did not approach. Went to them and asked to see a Getz and a Matrix. Had to go to the shop to look at a customers Getz as they did not have one in the showroom. I don't know about you but I don't like strangers poking around my car without my permission. No luck with the Matrix also not available. Asked the sales manager for what deals are being offered. She replied no deals and gave me a photocopy of the price list. Parang ayaw magbenta.

Suzuki QA: Was right beside Hyundai, did not know that it was owned by the same company as Hyundai QA. Went in and was helped by the saleslady. She offered a test drive of the APV but I did not have time.

Honda QA: 1st visit- went in spent a few minutes with my wife and kids trying out the space of the City and Jazz to see if we will fit. A little tight. Spent a few more mins looking at the Civic and CRV. Still no salesrep. Saw a salesrep standing doing nothing and approached her. Asked if they accept trade in, she answered Honda only. She said she will ask her mananger if they can take my car but she never got back to me.

2nd visit to Honda QA, (different day) was entertained by the sales manager. Did not know he was the manager till I got his card right before I left. He offered a test drive of the City and explained the different versions.

Kia QA, had one parking slot available. Tried to park but the guard won't let me. Reserved daw. Told him I'm going to look inside to buy a car. He insisted I can't park. I got mad and left.

Short version is: service depends on who you talk to. There are good agents and bad ones. Some will try to help you while others feel that they are doing you a favor by letting you buy their goods. Although, I suspect that if it close to months end, they will be more helpful cuz they have to reach their quota.

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    I know Kia Q.A is looking at this. Baka ngayon wala na yung guard na yun. hehe. But for me I don't like sale reps at my side or malapit sa akin. All I want is if a have questions masasagot agad at hindi ako ipapasa sa manager tapos hindi rin alam ang sagot. Pero ang pinakamakulit na agent na naencounter ko yung sa Kia makati at sa kia manila.
    Signet have good sales peaple but have very bad service manager and staff. But the mechanics are mabait.
    Mitsu Pasong tamo naman. Lahat ng cars naupuan kona wala parin lumalapit sa akin. An I picked up a zerox copy of pricelist myself. Naka shorts lang ksi ako nun. Mukhang gusgusin. hehe

Toyota paco ok ang mga sales. Magaling sumagot ng mga questions.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    ako naman I would love to walk in sa PGA cars saka Cats unnoticed. yun tipong nasakyan ko na lahat ng cars hehehe

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Try ninyo pumunta sa Kia Marikina (I think they are closing soon). There is an agent there not actually working for Kia Marikina but assists in the payment schemes. When we examined the Sorento, I was quite pleased and amazed by his knowledge about the rig. He also didn't show any sign of "sales talk" if you know what I mean. He just showed us the pros and cons of buying the Sorento and thats it.

Was also amazed when I knew that he owned the working Isuzu Gemini parked outside.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by orly_andico View Post
    no Rio5?
    how's the interior space? which kia branch is this again?
    Nope and they can't commit when it'll be launched. But if they do, it'll be in 1.5 A/T form only as opposed to the 1.4 M/T configuration of the sedan. I was at Kia Quezon Ave. aka FEMAC Marketing.

Btw, I'm not generalizing. Just relating my afternoon's experience. If you need a not-so-great Kia dealer, there's always Wheels and Signet.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    What is really wrong with Wheels anyway. Jan ko kasi pinagawa yung pica ko because jan acredited ang Insurance at Sa Signet. I opted na jan nalang kasi yung sa Signet binaboy yung pintura ng pican ko. Dumapa yung paint. Sa Wheels ok naman lumabas. Baka in a few days sira na pica ko. Hehe. But seriously ano ba talaga? My vote for the worst Kia dealer is Signet. Jan kopa nakuha yung Pica ko.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Taob lang talaga ang Wheels sa Kia Q. Ave/Femac when it comes to aftersales service. Wheels din kinuha ang Pica dito, pero sa Quezon Ave. ko na pinapaservice. Sa warranty claims lang ang bagal kumilos ng Wheels and puro hula pa. Nung dumating ako sa Femac, hindi pa tapos ang papaerwork, dumating na yung technician dala dala yung diagnostic computer at inayos yung problema na hindi malaman-laman ng Wheels. Pati waiting area ng Femac ang layo sa Wheels.

Sayang nga at sa Wheels din lang ang accredited insurance nung Picanto. Kung hindi, sa Femac ko na din ipapaayos yung mga gasgas.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

10. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    Taob lang talaga ang Wheels sa Kia Q. Ave/Femac when it comes to aftersales service. Wheels din kinuha ang Pica dito, pero sa Quezon Ave. ko na pinapaservice. Sa warranty claims lang ang bagal kumilos ng Wheels and puro hula pa. Nung dumating ako sa Femac, hindi pa tapos ang papaerwork, dumating na yung technician dala dala yung diagnostic computer at inayos yung problema na hindi malaman-laman ng Wheels. Pati waiting area ng Femac ang layo sa Wheels.

Sayang nga at sa Wheels din lang ang accredited insurance nung Picanto. Kung hindi, sa Femac ko na din ipapaayos yung mga gasgas.
    Haven't experience it sa Wheels. Kasi yung pinagawa ko jan for the insurance claim mabilis naman. Or siguro wala lang masyadong customers. I agree ok talaga sa Femac. Pero sila rin ang pinakamahal compared to other kia dealers. In terms of (parts,accessories,labor,etc) Tsaka malayo sa amin kasi I'm in Pasay area. So sa Kia Pasay ako nagpapaservice. Ok din dun. Mukhang abandoned lang sa labas.hehe. Pero still I'm not 100% satisfied pero sila ang pinakamura sa parts and labor. Sa accessories sa Wheels pinakamura.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Toyota vs. Kia