New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    Hehe, Honda Q. Ave. FTW! Ghost town!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ok. Wala naman balak lagyan ng accessories yung Picanto. Lahat ng accessories (alarm, horn, plate covers, cargo mat, floor mats, etc.) puro sa labas ko kinuha. hehehe. PMS at warranty lang ang dahilan ng pagpunta sa dealer.

Kia Pasay is ok din from what I hear. Panget lang ang location.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    it has been a year ago when we were looking for a family car. I had my wife with me and my five year old son. we went to Toyota in Pasig, not sure if that is the branch name. We only rode a taxi kasi wala naman kaming sasakyan at that time. there weren't really a lot of people then, but were met immediately by a sales rep. so we looked around. sabi ko nasan yung fortuner. sabi nung agent nasa labas po sir. so i said pwede ba tingnan? sabi nung agent sir di po pwede eh. titingnan ko lang i said (i was looking at innova na low end kaya established na na i could not afford it pero i just wanted to see what the hype is all about). tinuro niya sa akin, ayun po sir. i went out with my wife and kid to look at it. it was black and beautiful aesthetically from the outside. i went back in and asked kung pwede tingnan yun loob (di kasi kami sinamahan ng sales agent). sir di po pwede walang susi yan.

di ako mayabang na tao and i did not pretend that i could afford. pero i am motivated by what i see and maybe in the future i would have wanted to buy a fortuner. kaso lang i kinda felt humiliated dun sa sinabi nung agent. is it possible na walang susi ang sasakyan na display nila? hmmm... i will never say never but as of now i am turned off by that dealership. got myself a tucson instead.

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by hammerhead View Post
    it has been a year ago when we were looking for a family car. I had my wife with me and my five year old son. we went to Toyota in Pasig, not sure if that is the branch name. We only rode a taxi kasi wala naman kaming sasakyan at that time. there weren't really a lot of people then, but were met immediately by a sales rep. so we looked around. sabi ko nasan yung fortuner. sabi nung agent nasa labas po sir. so i said pwede ba tingnan? sabi nung agent sir di po pwede eh. titingnan ko lang i said (i was looking at innova na low end kaya established na na i could not afford it pero i just wanted to see what the hype is all about). tinuro niya sa akin, ayun po sir. i went out with my wife and kid to look at it. it was black and beautiful aesthetically from the outside. i went back in and asked kung pwede tingnan yun loob (di kasi kami sinamahan ng sales agent). sir di po pwede walang susi yan.

di ako mayabang na tao and i did not pretend that i could afford. pero i am motivated by what i see and maybe in the future i would have wanted to buy a fortuner. kaso lang i kinda felt humiliated dun sa sinabi nung agent. is it possible na walang susi ang sasakyan na display nila? hmmm... i will never say never but as of now i am turned off by that dealership. got myself a tucson instead.
    Why don't you go back and show them that you got a Tucson. On second thought wag nalang. From Innova to Tucson. For me that a big leap. Because I like Tucton better.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Maybe Toyota is sitting on their laurels? Personally, when I walk into a showroom, I'd rather not be entertained. No offense to the Sales Reps out there. Some Sales people tend to over-sell and become bothersome. As long as the cars displayed in the showroom are accessible. That's ok with me.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    toyota vs kia? are you kidding?

theres a story about being in heaven and in hell. heaven daw is about having a japanese wife, a french cook, a british butler, an american girlfriend, a german car and a korean whatever. hell on the otherhand is simply about having a korean car. wheels dealership is the deepest pit of hell. theyre attentive in closing the sale allright, but wait til you experience their service.
    they dont wont honor their warranty. ibalik na lang daw ng ibalik.

other horror stories.

multidealership ( nissan kia hyundai mazda ) near capitol medical - i was assured by my salesman that my dented door will be replaced. pagbalik, pinukpok lang pala without telling me. naaninag ko lang sa ilaw ang uneven painting.

mazda quezon avenue - friend bought a brand new unit. on his first pms he came very early coz he has to go to office, would you believe it, the service personnel, allowed latecomers to be serviced ahead of him - kasi may appointment daw by phone. worse, inaway pa siya ng service personnel for complaining.

butch gamboa's recent column about an suv ( he didnt name ) with the slogan ' get away from it all '. accdng to gamboa, yeah, they get away from you when you claim your warranty. the suv had stalled on street flood while sedans were passing it.

nissan abad santos - tulfo videotaped and showed on tv how the dealer fooled the owner to think the damaged door was replaced with a new one ( like what i experienced above ) pero surplus lang pala ikinabit.

brands that actually stand by their product:

suzuki edsa mandaluyong does. from experience, ive learned firsthand that theyve gave replacement brand new vitaras simply because the customer wasnt satisfied with the unit they got. no, they didnt sue. reason? the japanese principals simply stand behind their product and want their customers to be happy with it.

moral of the story: always buy from someone you know, kamaganak or relative connected with the dealer. dont rely on that sweettalking salesman. yuck. i remembered. a female salesperson from that multidealer near capitol got my number and tried to seduce me to buying a car from her. i said no because i didnt like their service and im not sure she can provide good service either. that last part i didnt really tell her. and i didnt do a test drive.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    TOYOTA QUEZON AVE offers mediocre service. Doon ko pina first 1000 checkup Altis ko, and to tell you pipz hindi ako satisfied sa service nila (compared to other Toyota SC's).

They really suck. So far ang pinakagusto ko Toyota Marikina. Pag-nagpapa service ako dun test drive nila tsikot mo around the block. Malayo nga lang kasi Marikia pa. I live in QC.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    [quote=judyang]a female salesperson from that multidealer near capitol got my number and tried to seduce m--/quote]

uy! nagising ako dito ah!

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    wheels dealership is the deepest pit of hell. theyre attentive in closing the sale allright, but wait til you experience their service.
    They're not exactly hell. But FEMAC is nearer from where I am and the service is superb. So even though the Picanto was acquired from Wheels. All PMS and warranty claims are done at FEMAC.

hell on the otherhand is simply about having a korean car
    Ang tagal ko na palang nasa hell. :lol: If this is hell, ok naman din pala. Sampung taon na ko nasa hell. hehehe.

Suzuki? Wala ako problems with their service. If I need anything Suzuki, I just post at www.4x4ph.com and someone from Suzuki will answer me. Or I can just text the mechanic from Pilhino and he will text back. Today I was at Suzuki Caloocan to get a radiator cap. Pretty straighforward transaction. Although the product cost around Php30.00 more than If I had bought from Pilhino EDSA.

I was also at Hyundai Balintawak this morning. Nothing untoward to report.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

10. Join Date
    May 2006
    So I was in hell 3 times.
    1st when I got the Picanto
    2nd and 3rd when I let Wheels fix my pica for the insurance claim.

Philhino. mmmmmmm. Maybe next time I'll get a Suzuki.

But hey. I love my Picanto even though it's made in Korea. Korean girls are ***y but they smell like Kimchi.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Toyota vs. Kia