New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    mga sir tulungan nyo naman ako mag decide kung ano mas maganda sa 2: eto kasi ang hinahanap ko

1. Fuel Consumption
    2. Cargo Space (yung kasya ang isang balikbayan box)
    3. Maintenance (presyo ng parts)
    4. Comfort

sana matulungan nyo ko...

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    rav4 mas gusto ko

3. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    eh kasya ba isang balikbayan box dun?

4. Join Date
    May 2010
    1. Fuel consumption - The RAV4 has both manual 1.8 2WD and 2.0 AT 4WD. X-Trail naman has 2.0 2WD and 4WD, and 2.5 4WD. Nearly the same but depends sa route and driving habits mo
    2. Cargo Space - Mukhang X-Trail ang may advantage over the RAV4, mas maliit cargo area ng second gen RAV4
    3. Maintenance - Nearly the same between the two or less
    4. Comfort - Both are comfortable.

Best advice is to test drive both vehicles.

You can check this Used Car Review of mine for the X-Trail - THE ULTIMATE USED CAR GUIDE: Used Car of the Week - Nissan X-Trail (2003-Current)

No review yet for the 2000-2005 RAV4

Good luck and God Bless

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Masikip yung Rav4, I prefer the X-Trail between the two. You can get a newer X-Trail with the same budget, and the X-Trail is also a newer design as compared to the Rav4. Yun nga lang get the 2.0L variant only, since the 2.5L guzzles fuel. However if you find the design of the X-Trail too quirky, I'd suggest the Escape. I really like it's muscular looks. Performance of the 2.3L is good and FC is surprisingly reasonable. And then again, you can get an even newer Escape with the same budget as compared to the X-Trail and Rav4! It's more powerful to boot. The pang-ilalim is very solid, and the 4x4 variant is actually off road capable, unlike most other CUVs in its class.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    eh ang maintenance ng xtrail ok naman ba ang price at availability sa nissan xtrail parts and maintenance? napansin ko kasi ang daming nag bebenta ng xtrail ngayon nasa 380k-450k.. and mas malakas ba consumo ng 2.0 xtrail sa 2.0 na 2ndgen rav4? kaya kaya maka 7-8k km/l nya?

7. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Maintenance of Xtrail is very minimal. The most expensive part that I replaced is the alternator before. Other than that, no major problems since 2004. Parts are always available at the casa so no need to wait. FC for pure city driving with my driving style is 6.3km/L.

Toyota Rav4 2005 vs Nissan Xtrail 2005