New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2014
    i go for innova because of big space, and comfortable 3rd row.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    +1 for the Innova

3. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    masyadong cramped yung 3rd row nang carens.. masyadong mababa yung upuan halos nakadikit na sa flooring.. kahit bata mahihirapan umupo don..

4. Join Date
    Oct 2014
    i need more comments ako din namimili ng innova G Dsl AT vs carens Lx. lagi madami ako sakay. di ko kaya mag starex eh.i want to learn more. mga experts jan. please naman po.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by ACarEnthusiast View Post
    The Innova would be a safer choice, the Carens is more refined and has a lot of features similar to euro standards it would have better fuel consumption for city driving having a smaller engine displacement but a sore loser for highway driving especially if you have 7 passengers. The Carens is a unibody car, so the comfort and driving pleasure will be there, compared to the Innova with wide body but bigger chassis. But if space is a concern then the Toyota is a sure winner.

You might want to consider an Isuzu Crosswind for versatility or a Peugeot 5008 for class.
    I beg to disagree on the highlighted part. The carens is lighter, has more horsepower (134hp vs 102hp of the innova) and has loads more of torque (330nm vs 200nm Innova). Both the new 1.7 and older 2.0 Carens CRDI can go beyond 200km/h. I have yet to see an Innova going beyond 180km/h.

To the recent forumer who also has the same dilemma, yes the Innova is still the safer choice. I would peg the carens as a "want" and not like an Innova which falls into the "need" category.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by djsean View Post
    i need more comments ako din namimili ng innova G Dsl AT vs carens Lx. lagi madami ako sakay. di ko kaya mag starex eh.i want to learn more. mga experts jan. please naman po.
    Definitely mabibitin ka sa space sa Carens kung lagi kang maraming sakay. Siguro kung wala silang luggage lahat, then ok lang kasi mas comfy talaga ang ride ng Carens as in very car-like. The innova is on a ladder-frame platform similar to pickups pero not as harsh as a hilux or even a Hiace commuter/grandia. Kung lagi ka sigurong puno, medyo macocompensate yung stiffness niya just like the FX and the Revo before na medyo mellowed and quite comfy na ang laro ng suspension pag puno ng sakay.

Another thing to consider pag lagi kang puno is yung layout ng airconditioning. Lamang ang innova with 2 ceiling vents each for the 2nd and third row powered by a separate evaporator sa likod running through ducts. Yung vents ng carens sa middle row lang and placed quite low sa bandang tuhod ng passenger. Those vents are ducted through the same evaporator and blower that cools the front row so medyo mahina ang buga in my experience. Magiging comfy lang siya pag na-contain na ang init sa loob unlike sa innova na pag galing sa bilad, may sense of comfort na agad ang mga nakatapat mismo sa vents pag-on na ng aircon.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2014
    I think the innova and the carens aren't in the same segment. Kung gusto mo ng maganda match up then it should be the kia carnvial vs the innova. With that, I'd definitely go for the carnival, more power, more luxury. Ay, di na pala carnival tawag dun, Sedona na pala.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by SaiLambo View Post
    I think the innova and the carens aren't in the same segment. Kung gusto mo ng maganda match up then it should be the kia carnvial vs the innova. With that, I'd definitely go for the carnival, more power, more luxury.
    sir sailambo. di pa rin sila match kasi ang carnival eh isang variant na lang tapos ang price nya is nasa 1.5M ang innova po nasa less 1.2M lng po.
    actually mas mahal pa din nga ang carens ng 100k.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by SaiLambo View Post
    I think the innova and the carens aren't in the same segment. Kung gusto mo ng maganda match up then it should be the kia carnvial vs the innova. With that, I'd definitely go for the carnival, more power, more luxury. Ay, di na pala carnival tawag dun, Sedona na pala.
    Well, the Carnival/Sedona is not even with the same segment as the Innova, not even the Previa. It's more of the same segment with the Toyota Sienna or a close one with the Alphard.

Ang ka-segment ng Innova is still the Adventure, Fuzion and the Crosswind pero the Innova hands-down beats both models by miles and miles in both the engine and ride comfort.

As for the Carens, the closest rivals are the Chevy Orlando, Nissan Grand Livina and Toyota Ipsum (not available locally) and same thing, the Carens beats them miles and miles if in the CRDI variant.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Innova G ka na lang boss imbes na V, sayang din yung additional seating capacity.
    Sa Carens kasi kahit anong gandang engine ilagay nila, napakahirap ijustify yung pricing. Kotse lang na nilagyan ng 3rd row. Masikip talaga pag puno.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast