New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Thank you for all the inputs.
    I was just sent a private message regarding the availability of a Jumbo starex. I will follow your advice. I will test drive a unit. I can't actually buy a coaster or a Rosa. Masyado nang malaki. Besides di ko nakayang drivan iyon.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Great! Good luck with that. Let us know what you eventually end up with. Hehehe! ;)

3. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by IMm29 View Post
    Great! Good luck with that. Let us know what you eventually end up with. Hehehe! ;)
    I finally decided to buy a jumbo starex over a grandia.Here are the reasons:
    Starex plus points as far as I am concerned :
    • Engine on front not at the driver seat which will make it easy for me to check it once in a while
    • Higher horse power and torque rating
    • Shorting waiting time ( 20 days versus 2 months)
    • looks better than the grandia (parang minbus na ang dating ng grandia)
    • parang mas madali drivan kesa sa Grandia.
    • slightly cheaper yet completo na like meron nasiyang alarm and backup sensor. For the Grandia you still have to add it as an option
    • I plan to remove the center console between the driver and the front passenger and replacing it with a jump seat to accomodate 13 passengers. Mas mahirap gawin sa grandia ito.
    • and the last but not the least Mas masigasig ang saleman ng starex
    I am expecting delivery of my jumbo starex by March 15.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Nakita ko na ata yung salesman na iyan. hehehe. Masigasig nga!

May center console po ba ang jumbo? Yung 9 seater kasi may center front seat na nagfofold ang backrest para maging consolesarmrest. Yun nga lang, hindi slide adjustable ang front seat ng 9 seater.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by monmendoza View Post
    I finally decided to buy a jumbo starex over a grandia.Here are the reasons:
    Starex plus points as far as I am concerned :
    • Engine on front not at the driver seat which will make it easy for me to check it once in a while
    • Higher horse power and torque rating
    • Shorting waiting time ( 20 days versus 2 months)
    • looks better than the grandia (parang minbus na ang dating ng grandia)
    • parang mas madali drivan kesa sa Grandia.
    • slightly cheaper yet completo na like meron nasiyang alarm and backup sensor. For the Grandia you still have to add it as an option
    • I plan to remove the center console between the driver and the front passenger and replacing it with a jump seat to accomodate 13 passengers. Mas mahirap gawin sa grandia ito.
    • and the last but not the least Mas masigasig ang saleman ng starex
    I am expecting delivery of my jumbo starex by March 15.
    good choice! iba talaga pag may nguso kahit papano.
    Last edited by oldblue; March 3rd, 2007 at 03:53 AM.

yup..kaya one reason na i want to shift na to vans w/hood and front engine..

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    Nakita ko na ata yung salesman na iyan. hehehe. Masigasig nga!

May center console po ba ang jumbo? Yung 9 seater kasi may center front seat na nagfofold ang backrest para maging consolesarmrest. Yun nga lang, hindi slide adjustable ang front seat ng 9 seater.
    hehe ung sa jumbo po kc bale 2 lang ang sakay sa harap. sa gitna po ng driver at front passenger is a center console. sa regular size po 3 ang pwede sa front pero ung sa gitna ng driver at passenger ay maliit lang na uouan

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    there are starex jumbo version with the same front row seating configurations as the 9 seaters.. i always thought u can get the jumbo version in a 9 seater 11 seater and 12 seater configurations...

9. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Got my starex jumbo exactly as per committed date of March 15. I have not used it much because wala pang plaka. I also change my tires into a bridgestone of the same size. Di ko alam ang ply rating pero sabi nang nagbebenta 8 ply daw and there is a mark that says "for light trucks" in the tire so siguro naman pang heavy duty plus it is rated at 65psi . My initial impressions have been very positive. Hyundai have given a lot of attention to details.The engine is powerful and it drives like a car. Even with rear leaf springs the ride have been very smooth. It is as smooth as my Altis and rav4 and definitely smoother than my office issued 4x4 fortuner. I rode the regular starex of friend and the ride was "boaty" but the jumdo starex has a very smooth ride. I hope that it will be as reliable as my toyota's but my initial impression have been very positive. Masigaisg pati ang salesman na asikasuhin pa ang mga kulang.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by monmendoza View Post
    Got my starex jumbo exactly as per committed date of March 15. I have not used it much because wala pang plaka. I also change my tires into a bridgestone of the same size. Di ko alam ang ply rating pero sabi nang nagbebenta 8 ply daw and there is a mark that says "for light trucks" in the tire so siguro naman pang heavy duty plus it is rated at 65psi . My initial impressions have been very positive. Hyundai have given a lot of attention to details.The engine is powerful and it drives like a car. Even with rear leaf springs the ride have been very smooth. It is as smooth as my Altis and rav4 and definitely smoother than my office issued 4x4 fortuner. I rode the regular starex of friend and the ride was "boaty" but the jumdo starex has a very smooth ride. I hope that it will be as reliable as my toyota's but my initial impression have been very positive. Masigaisg pati ang salesman na asikasuhin pa ang mga kulang.
    Great! Congratulations on your purchase. Enjoy! It's nice to hear that you're (at the moment) a happy camper Hope things don't change once you use your Starex more often. Do join us and post more updates in the "Starex" thread.

I think the tire you're referring to is the Bridgestone R623. If it is, it is indeed an 8 ply tire and it is indeed "for light trucks". Perhaps the rear leaf springs, the additional weight and the 8 ply tires helped in reducing the "boaty" ride.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Toyota Hi-Ace Grandia Vs. Hyundai Starex Jumbo