New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Junichiro View Post
    Thank you for your imput. Are the current starex reliable sir?

Sent from my LG-H818 using Tapatalk
    Wala pang 2 yrs old ang starex namin e. So cannot comment about that. Maybe other tsikoters can comment

Add ko lang. Pag tao lang palagi sasakay mo, starex na. Pero pag madalas ka magkarga bg gamit, hiace na. Dumadapa na suspension ng starex pag nagkarga ng mabigat. Trade off for having a comfy ride, which is opposite sa hiace na mas ok kargahan. Pero medyo matagtag

Sent from my SM-A9000 using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    I have a ninong who has a 2008 Starex HVX that survived Ondoy. They're still using it regularly.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by monty_GTV View Post
    get the super grandia, the 2 captain chairs are ideal for senior pax...
    Thanks for the imput sir. Medyo over the budget na po kasi pag SG. That's why we considered the Carnival because of similar seating config, automated seats, with lower ride height price than Hiace.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    I have a 11-seater carnival. One of the best purchases i made. Kids love it. Wife loves the 2nd row. I like driving it at times. Modern engine and gearbox. Ammenities, comfort and power everywhere. It doesnt have the outright space of the hi ace though. But for day to day duties done in comfort and relative serenity.....this is the one. And the pricing cant be beat.

Looks really good too. A modern MPV.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    One of the disadvantages of the Hiace that I've noticed is the high roof which makes it unable to enter many indoor parking facilities. This will be a big headache if you do not have a driver.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict View Post
    I have a 11-seater carnival. One of the best purchases i made. Kids love it. Wife loves the 2nd row. I like driving it at times. Modern engine and gearbox. Ammenities, comfort and power everywhere. It doesnt have the outright space of the hi ace though. But for day to day duties done in comfort and relative serenity.....this is the one. And the pricing cant be beat.

Looks really good too. A modern MPV.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk
    Thanks for the input sir. Yes the exterior styling and all its power amenities makes it feel more upscale than the rest. How are its FC and after sales so far?

Re. The pricing, when I inquired recently, the SRP of the 11str was at Php1.725M before discount, putting it squarely against the Grandia and Starex. Would you still consider it as good value for money?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Agree with Eq. It is a much more refined package. Engine, interior appointments, ergonomics, etc. It is really wide though. 105 mm wider than the GL Grandia. Narrow parking slots will be an issue. Ground clearance given its long wheelbase might also be an issue with large speed bumps.

Even if you're not confident about the long term reliability and/or durability of the Kia, just sell it after 5 years. The Hiace will of course command better residuals but you pay more up front for it anyway.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    One of the disadvantages of the Hiace that I've noticed is the high roof which makes it unable to enter many indoor parking facilities. This will be a big headache if you do not have a driver.

Is that also true for the GL Grandia as well? I know the LXV (High roof version) has height restriction in entering indoor parking areas.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by dct View Post
    Wala pang 2 yrs old ang starex namin e. So cannot comment about that. Maybe other tsikoters can comment

Add ko lang. Pag tao lang palagi sasakay mo, starex na. Pero pag madalas ka magkarga bg gamit, hiace na. Dumadapa na suspension ng starex pag nagkarga ng mabigat. Trade off for having a comfy ride, which is opposite sa hiace na mas ok kargahan. Pero medyo matagtag

Sent from my SM-A9000 using Tapatalk
    How is the FC, after-sales of your Starex so far sir? Have you been experiencing trouble with the Hyundai dealership services?

Mostly tao nman ang sasakay sir, with some occational cargo around 70-100kg at the back.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Junichiro View Post
    Is that also true for the GL Grandia as well? I know the LXV (High roof version) has height restriction in entering indoor parking areas.

Oo bro. Vertical clearance for the GL is 2105mm as per specs. LXV is only 185mm taller. I distinctly remember Trinoma's parking having a 1.9m vertical clearance. My Japan surplus Granvia has a height of 1965mm. Pilit naipasok though medyo nakakatakot na tingnan dahil parang sasabit na sa mga low hanging pipes and lights. But apparently they flat out do not allow Grandia's to enter the higher levels of the parking facility.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast