New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2011
    kaya di ko pinapakita sa school yung innova eh. mukang pang tatay hehe ;

imho. i keep mo nalang yung ford mo. kung 2nd hand lang kukuhanin mo. kasi kabisado mo na yung sakit sakit maintenance ng ford escape mo

di katulad ng bibilhin mo di mo kabisado. o kung ginulpi ng dating owner ito
    peru kung b.new GO¡
    Last edited by jrn29; July 8th, 2012 at 11:00 PM.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by number001 View Post
    I own a 2006 Fortuner 2.7 and I don't understand how some people (who don't even own one) are saying that it cost so much more in terms of parts and maintenance (than a Ford Escape). I haven't replaced any part and the only yearly maintenance expense I have is Oil filter, drain plug washer, and 6 liters of oil.

Yes. It has a higher petrol consumption rate. But realistically, a heavy engine + big engine ? But its still better than our 2005 CRV K20 A/T.

Lets just say how it really is and not distort or exaggerate things. Just like the whole "sobrang tagtag" urban legend episodes. Yes, the springs are firm (but you wouldn't want your vehicle to bottom out when tackling off-roads, right?). I have owned and rode on other vehicles with much worse "tagtag". ie. L300 Versa Van.

We own both Fortuner and Innova. I'd get the Innova if you want to use the last row for passengers. Innova also has a lower floor yielding more hip and legroom, which translates to roomier and more comfortable ride for second row passengers. Get the Fortuner, for the ground clearance and better driving position (IMO). The Innova feels like a vehicle that has lowering springs in the front, while its back end hangs higher, yielding to an odd driving experience.
    Actually... It's not that the Fort is ridiculously expensive to maintain, but he's getting a secondhand car, while complaining about the cost of parts for his current car... Buying secondhand, he can expect to need to fix thugs, and it's not going to be any cheaper (or significantly cheaper) than fixing the issues on his current car.

Hey... Everything id better than a K20 2nd gen CRV in terms of economy... Even a 4.0 Explorer is better. And the 2nd gen has some expensive niggles.

The ride of the Fort is not bad in front. In fact, it's actually pretty decent. But second row ride is bad and third row ride is nausea inducing over rough roads. Same goes for the innova, just to a lesser degree. The first gen was the worst... and it often felt like it was flexing and oversteering when tackling even moderate sweepers. The facelift was better, and the current better still... But the rear seat ride still can't match the comfort of the Monty or the Escape, especially over broken roads.

Current is decent enough... Just don't get the ridiculously hard TRD springs. If your Innova is still on the A-Spec tires, you might want to check out the tire size on e Innova Sportivo... The lower profile, wider tires make the ride much, much better.
    Last edited by niky; July 8th, 2012 at 11:51 PM.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Wrong analysis naman sya to justify to get a diesel SUV coz somehow it's cheaper to maintain than his Ford escape.

Para makatipid sa SUV, get two and use alternately.

look at me, my 1st gen CRV is just 5k a year maintenance (CASA) and my Sta Fe is 4.5k a year maintenance. for 3 consecutive years, ang ginastos ko Lang labas sa PMS eh battery. Coz parts of both My SUVs dont wear out coz I use it sparringly,

what more if I have brand new SuVs, mas laki siguro savings ko.

though, I can deny na talagang sobrang planado ko LNG talaga buhay ko, I have a condo and my work is just but 8km away everyday. I don't do rush hours and certainly don't pass regularly on side streets with jologs Puv and jeepneys.

so my advice if you have an escape keep it, just like the CRv it's old so Dami na mekaniko, pyesa, common owners nagkalat dyan. And afford a 2Nd SUV. Yun benefits hindi ma- realize today but it will in the long run..

4. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by pop3corn View Post
    Wrong analysis naman sya to justify to get a diesel SUV coz somehow it's cheaper to maintain than his Ford escape.

Para makatipid sa SUV, get two and use alternately.

look at me, my 1st gen CRV is just 5k a year maintenance (CASA) and my Sta Fe is 4.5k a year maintenance. for 3 consecutive years, ang ginastos ko Lang labas sa PMS eh battery. Coz parts of both My SUVs dont wear out coz I use it sparringly,

what more if I have brand new SuVs, mas laki siguro savings ko.

though, I can deny na talagang sobrang planado ko LNG talaga buhay ko, I have a condo and my work is just but 8km away everyday. I don't do rush hours and certainly don't pass regularly on side streets with jologs Puv and jeepneys.

so my advice if you have an escape keep it, just like the CRv it's old so Dami na mekaniko, pyesa, common owners nagkalat dyan. And afford a 2Nd SUV. Yun benefits hindi ma- realize today but it will in the long run..
    i cant afford to get a 2nd car, that's why my plan is to sell my current ride and get a new one (2nd hand)
    because of the replies, im more confused, coz alot of guys are saying to keep the car instead of getting another one.....

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by zachyboy View Post
    Thanks sa mga reply sir, i guess ill be buying a innova na lang
    Nothing wrong with the Innova porma if you ask me, if you're just driving it around. Keep it clean, and maybe add a nice set of OEM Camry 17's or Toyota OEM 18's.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    i cant afford to get a 2nd car, that's why my plan is to sell my current ride and get a new one (2nd hand)
    because of the replies, im more confused, coz alot of guys are saying to keep the car instead of getting another one.....
    If you're selling your current old car to buy a secondhand car of roughly the same age (or much older, like the Fieldmaster), you're trading your problems (let me guess... you've already fixed some suspension parts and the brakes?) for someone else's problems, which will also cost you money to fix, on top of the extra money you will pay on the trade-in.

Granted, given the stiff suspension of the Fort... it will be a while before any suspension work is needed... but it will eventually be needed, anyway.

If the problem is money, simply trade-in for a lower class of vehicle, like an AUV or a subcompact car. Don't trade up to an SUV.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    The Escape is a very solid car. There's really very few things to fix. As far as I can remember, our '03 Escape has had the power steering pump changed early on, the alternator replaced recently, and if I hear correctly, the ball joints are due for replacement soon. But other than that, everything else is great.

Another option for you, especially if your car is still in good condition, is for you to just accessorize and modify your car. Make it look and feel new or different. For starters you can change the rims, sound system, and perhaps get an HID retrofit from sir garyq...

8. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    The Escape is a very solid car. There's really very few things to fix. As far as I can remember, our '03 Escape has had the power steering pump changed early on, the alternator replaced recently, and if I hear correctly, the ball joints are due for replacement soon. But other than that, everything else is great.

Another option for you, especially if your car is still in good condition, is for you to just accessorize and modify your car. Make it look and feel new or different. For starters you can change the rims, sound system, and perhaps get an HID retrofit from sir garyq...
    i changed the break pads already, and the balljoints are due for replacement....

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    i changed the break pads already, and the balljoints are due for replacement....
    Sabi ko nga, eh.

Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    let me guess... you've already fixed some suspension parts and the brakes?

Ball joints are a typical item. Spend extra for original (but still buy at MazFord instead of the casa) unless you want to keep buying every 50k kms. Even better, get the new balljoints injected at Cruven.

Keep it first. Save up for something in fresher condition.

If you want the extra "porma" of an SUV, then go ahead, but best research typical maintenance costs first for what you pick, and be aware that you'll have to budget an extra 50k in contingency money (interesting side note... replacement shocks for Pajero Fieldmaster? 8.5k each) for possible problems on the vehicle you will buy, so it pays to inspect carefully and haggle down the price for repairs that will be needed.
    Last edited by niky; July 11th, 2012 at 10:34 AM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    sir ayaw mo ba ng isuzu sportivo? better than innova yun for me ha...mas maporma at subok nasa tatag mas ok din sa maintenance...tipid din naman...pero sa choices mo fortuner na 2.5 d4d

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
toyota fortuner vs innova vs pajero fieldmaster