New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by zachyboy View Post
    The reason im planning to sell my escape na din is mababa yung resale value compared to toyota and mitsubishi cars and i read something on yahoo that the sta rosa plant of ford is closing down by the end of this year, i guess another factor na bababa na yung resale value
    The plant closing will do nothing to Ford's local operations. 90% of local sales are of units built overseas, and the plant still imports its parts from suppliers in Thailand, anyway. The only sub-units built whole here are the engines for the gasoline Focus.

-

All gasoline crossovers, except for the Honda CR-V, have terrible resale value. Because they're gas-guzzlers in the eyes of most secondhand buyers.

If you've got a 600-700k budget, you're buying secondhand. Low resale value is good for you if you're buying a secondhand Ford. The Everest is pretty tough, and parts are not expensive if you know where to look. Most of us Ford owners simply order from MazFord in Banawe, whose prices are competitive with Toyota parts sellers. Not that you can actually buy direct injection parts from Banawe... and maintaining a direct injection diesel is going to be expensive, whatever car you buy... just look around on this board to see how much an Innova or Fort fuel pump costs.

-

If your concern is cost-of-ownership, can't go wrong with a Crosswind. Get the low-end one brand new... secondhand prices are too steep.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    If your concern is cost-of-ownership, can't go wrong with a Crosswind. Get the low-end one brand new... secondhand prices are too steep.
    On the Crosswind,- huwag lang daraan sa intersection ng C5 at Kalayaan,- siguradong paparahin ka ng mga nagte-test ng smoke belching... Kahit na bago pa ang iyong Crosswind...... At kung medyo mahilig kang magpatakbo ng mabilis,- ibaon mo na lang ito sa limot. Super kupad sila, bro...

BTT: If I have P700K,- I will not be buying a Pajero FM, which has typically logged 150,000Km, kahit na ito ang pinakamaporma.... Kahit na anong tibay ng mga piyesa niyan,- pihadong babagsak sila after so many runs... We all know the "end of life" cliche....

So, go for a relatively-newer Innova or a Fortuner...

16.1K:nerves:
    Last edited by CVT; July 6th, 2012 at 10:40 AM.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    The plant closing will do nothing to Ford's local operations. 90% of local sales are of units built overseas, and the plant still imports its parts from suppliers in Thailand, anyway. The only sub-units built whole here are the engines for the gasoline Focus.

-

All gasoline crossovers, except for the Honda CR-V, have terrible resale value. Because they're gas-guzzlers in the eyes of most secondhand buyers.

If you've got a 600-700k budget, you're buying secondhand. Low resale value is good for you if you're buying a secondhand Ford. The Everest is pretty tough, and parts are not expensive if you know where to look. Most of us Ford owners simply order from MazFord in Banawe, whose prices are competitive with Toyota parts sellers. Not that you can actually buy direct injection parts from Banawe... and maintaining a direct injection diesel is going to be expensive, whatever car you buy... just look around on this board to see how much an Innova or Fort fuel pump costs.

-

I know mazford in banawe dun din ako buminili ng ibang parts ng escape ko.... Mahal pa din talaga sya compared to other car brands...

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I know mazford in banawe dun din ako buminili ng ibang parts ng escape ko.... Mahal pa din talaga sya compared to other car brands...
    Are you sure it's expensive compared to other brands... or simply expensive compared to other cars? An Escape is not a high volume unit like a Corolla or a Civic... or a Lynx. Parts for the Lynx are not any more expensive than parts for most cars of its time.

Of course, you can get really, really REALLY cheap parts for the Lynx, but just like the really cheap parts for the Corolla you can buy at the neighborhood sari-sari store, these will last you just a few months before breaking. You get what you pay for, in my opinion. Spare parts for the Focus, however, are much more expensive than Lynx parts... but that's another story... heck... spare parts for modern compacts nowadays are jaw-droppingly expensive.

Ask me sometime about CR-V parts... or how much of an anal probe it is to buy replacement side mirrors for the XUV... or how long it took us to find an oil sensor for the VVTi Altis when we were looking last time... Fieldmaster? You don't want to know how much it'll cost to repair the TPMS, the adjustable shocks or the alternator and aircon compressor...

Owning a crossover or an SUV is more expensive than owning a car... whether in fuel consumption, spare parts or whatnot. Which is why the Escape's resale value is so low.

If you are going "ouch" at buying parts for the Escape, strike everything but the Crosswind, Adventure and maybe the Innova off your list. In my experience, suspension parts for these AUVs cost more than parts for 1990's compacts, but they last a lot longer. And simple system cleaning and recharge for these dual-AC vehicles costs as much as a brand new AC compressor for smaller cars.

The only additional problem with the Innova over the other two will come when you have to maintain the fuel system... and if you're buying secondhand, that's a risk... because the fuel pump and injectors will cost a whole lot more than on the Escape. Fuel system repairs on modern diesels often cost half-as-much as a secondhand car!
    Last edited by niky; July 6th, 2012 at 12:57 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    The only additional problem with the Innova over the other two will come when you have to maintain the fuel system... and if you're buying secondhand, that's a risk... because the fuel pump and injectors will cost a whole lot more than on the Escape. Fuel system repairs on modern diesels often cost half-as-much as a secondhand car!

Yes. Ito ang sakit ng mga CRDIs of today. The Montero (and some of its contemporaries) may give you value for money when taken brand new. The cost of ownership 300,000 kilometers later might be steep. "End-of life" cycle may be as good as 10 years dahil by that time isusuka mo na sa mahal ng maintenance at cost of ownership.

Heck, they just basically gave us a "disposable" car.

Kaya mabenta pa rin Crosswind. Alam ng bibili puede pa gagamitin most of 20 years for a generation from their kids to go to college without breaking the bank while maintaining it.

Marami sa mga Filipino ambition ang SUV but are only willing to spend the cost of maintaining a sedan. One cannot have the best of both worlds.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Simpatikong binata lang sir....
    mas bagay sayo yun fortuner sir. yun diesel na pwede na yun 2.5 sa budget baka my barya pa
    sa parts madami jan toyota e i-mags mo ng bronze astig na

7. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerbo View Post
    Yes. Ito ang sakit ng mga CRDIs of today. The Montero (and some of its contemporaries) may give you value for money when taken brand new. The cost of ownership 300,000 kilometers later might be steep. "End-of life" cycle may be as good as 10 years dahil by that time isusuka mo na sa mahal ng maintenance at cost of ownership.

Heck, they just basically gave us a "disposable" car.

Kaya mabenta pa rin Crosswind. Alam ng bibili puede pa gagamitin most of 20 years for a generation from their kids to go to college without breaking the bank while maintaining it.

Marami sa mga Filipino ambition ang SUV but are only willing to spend the cost of maintaining a sedan. One cannot have the best of both worlds.
    300 kilometers later lang ba yan fuel injector replacement woes na yan. I only logged 36TKm on my 06 SF. so bale sa 20 years eh baka maka-100T km lang ako. safe ba yun sa mga replacement woes?

8. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by pop3corn View Post
    300 kilometers later lang ba yan fuel injector replacement woes na yan. I only logged 36TKm on my 06 SF. so bale sa 20 years eh baka maka-100T km lang ako. safe ba yun sa mga replacement woes?
    Huh!

9. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by timrev View Post
    mas bagay sayo yun fortuner sir. yun diesel na pwede na yun 2.5 sa budget baka my barya pa
    sa parts madami jan toyota e i-mags mo ng bronze astig na
    Mas gusto ko nga yung fortuner sir but the thing is, gas model lang yung kakasya sa budget ko, im still looking as of this time....

Mga sirs what do you think of nissan patrol??? Mejo papasok sa budget kasi sya... Ay insight about this??

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Early 2000s Patrol's have turbo issues, so I'd rather stay away. Besides, the interior is rather cramped considering the LC rivaling exterior. Its rather hard to squeeze in narrow streets too.

Yung Fortuner 2.5D4D papasok naman sa budget mo. If that's your thing, that is.

If you want you can consider the 1st gen Montero Sport. Mas mababa ang resale value niya sa Pajero and yet it has the same engine as the Fieldmaster, and its got 4x4. Looks real nice too. Only shortcoming is that 5 seater lang siya. If you don't need the extra seats, maganda to.

If you have been considering the Innova, I'd suggest you also consider the Starex GRX CRDi. You get lots of space, a very comfortable ride, and lots of punch from the engine. Dimensions are pretty similar to a midsize SUV. What do you think?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
toyota fortuner vs innova vs pajero fieldmaster