The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Keep your Escape!

2. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Early 2000s Patrol's have turbo issues, so I'd rather stay away. Besides, the interior is rather cramped considering the LC rivaling exterior. Its rather hard to squeeze in narrow streets too.

Yung Fortuner 2.5D4D papasok naman sa budget mo. If that's your thing, that is.

If you want you can consider the 1st gen Montero Sport. Mas mababa ang resale value niya sa Pajero and yet it has the same engine as the Fieldmaster, and its got 4x4. Looks real nice too. Only shortcoming is that 5 seater lang siya. If you don't need the extra seats, maganda to.

If you have been considering the Innova, I'd suggest you also consider the Starex GRX CRDi. You get lots of space, a very comfortable ride, and lots of punch from the engine. Dimensions are pretty similar to a midsize SUV. What do you think?
    that's what i heard regarding patrol nga, and sirain din daw kasi i had a friend who worked in casa, madami nga daw pumapasok na patrol because of some issues

siguro ill choose between innova and fortuner or maybe you can suggest other cars din???

3. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Keep your Escape!
    parang mas okei ngayon yung diesel sir, although bumababa yung gas ngayon pero iba pa din yung price ng diesel

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    If you're choked up on maintenance and fuel costs for the Escape... for gosh sakes, don't buy a 2.7 liter gasoline Fort!

Even if diesel is cheaper, you won't save much money with a 3.0 Fort or a diesel Patrol. These big engines are thirsty in traffic. You can get 5-7 km/l in traffic with the Fort... And worse with the Patrol.
    Last edited by niky; July 6th, 2012 at 11:41 PM.

5. Join Date
    May 2010
    Let him buy a 2.7G Fortuner. Last time i checked, it depreciates like the Escape and Maintenance costs are way over for what you need for the Escape..

Parts and maintenance are making you say "OUCH!" already for a Crossover eh? Well, the Fortuner will be everything you need. It's Perfect! Your money, your choice.

Go buy the 2.7G!

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    Wag bumili pag di kayang bumili at mag maintain ng kotse. Keep your money in the bank for a rainy day.
    Now, since yun Escape mo depreciates like there's no tomorrow, keep it and use it na lng. Its a useful car.
    Why sell it kung lugi ka.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The Gen3 CRDi Starex would've been a good choice if power and comfort were key. But since it's image, medyo daddy-ish ang dating. I miss our old one tho.

I'd keep the Escape for now too. Until maybe the budget permits. The options aren't all that they seem.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Thanks sa mga reply sir, i guess ill be buying a innova na lang

9. Join Date
    May 2005
    I own a 2006 Fortuner 2.7 and I don't understand how some people (who don't even own one) are saying that it cost so much more in terms of parts and maintenance (than a Ford Escape). I haven't replaced any part and the only yearly maintenance expense I have is Oil filter, drain plug washer, and 6 liters of oil.

Yes. It has a higher petrol consumption rate. But realistically, a heavy engine + big engine ? But its still better than our 2005 CRV K20 A/T.

Lets just say how it really is and not distort or exaggerate things. Just like the whole "sobrang tagtag" urban legend episodes. Yes, the springs are firm (but you wouldn't want your vehicle to bottom out when tackling off-roads, right?). I have owned and rode on other vehicles with much worse "tagtag". ie. L300 Versa Van.

We own both Fortuner and Innova. I'd get the Innova if you want to use the last row for passengers. Innova also has a lower floor yielding more hip and legroom, which translates to roomier and more comfortable ride for second row passengers. Get the Fortuner, for the ground clearance and better driving position (IMO). The Innova feels like a vehicle that has lowering springs in the front, while its back end hangs higher, yielding to an odd driving experience.
    Last edited by number001; July 8th, 2012 at 03:00 PM.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by zachyboy View Post
    Thanks sa mga reply sir, i guess ill be buying a innova na lang
    IMHO mas mukhang daddy-ish pa ang Innova sa GRX. Ayaw mo talaga nun? Later models have front and rear discs already, and a more muscular look courtesy of the new grille. And here you can truly and comfortably seat ten full sized people. Really gives the Innova a run for their money, I should say.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
toyota fortuner vs innova vs pajero fieldmaster