New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Q is where the smart money's at. Any decent audio shop can upgrade the speakers, maybe even add an amp for a lot less than 260k.

IMO if jumping to the LTD might as well go all the way to the 4x4 model. The jump between the 4x4 and the 4x2 LTDs is smaller than the difference between the 4x2 LTD and the Q.

Easier to mentally justify spending +400k to get 4x4 and an appearance package, than +260k for a new bumper and speakers.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by babkalakal View Post
    hindi ba mas sulit ang Q kaysa sa LTD? ang laki kasi ng difference +267k. ang upgrade lang naman ay kulay ng interior heated ventilated seats at jbl speakers. i like the look of the front of the ltd better pero not at the additional cost.
    How bout sa rims? Mas maganda tingnan two tone rims compare sa single tone ng LTD.
    Sa bagay, may outside party na kayang gawing two tone yung single rims via diamond cut.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by babkalakal View Post
    hindi ba mas sulit ang Q kaysa sa LTD? ang laki kasi ng difference +267k. ang upgrade lang naman ay kulay ng interior heated ventilated seats at jbl speakers. i like the look of the front of the ltd better pero not at the additional cost.
    Airbags!

The Most important safety feature Toyota has been omitting in the Fortuner line up. i willingly trade all those exterior and interior add ons for more airbags and safety features.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ale828 View Post
    Airbags!

The Most important safety feature Toyota has been omitting in the Fortuner line up. i willingly trade all those exterior and interior add ons for more airbags and safety features.
    ah that's a biggie nga. ngayon ko lang na notice mas madami airbag ang ltd sa q.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Having test driven the MU-X LSE before and comparing it to my dad's Fortuner GR Sport, I find the interior of the MU-X bland compared to the Fortuner.

Riding comfort, MU-X is a bit better if Q and LTD variant ng Fortuner pinag-uusapan (same riding comfort MU-X tsaka Fortuner GR Sport variant).

Toyota Safety Sense is better than Isuzu's ADAS, based on numerous reviews of local motoring journalists. Isuzu's ADAS, specifically the autonomous emergency braking, is very sensitive. One local motoring journalist even said na when the MU-X's ADAS sensed a low hanging tree branch during his review, the AEB suddenly engaged. It's kinda dangerous din kasi pwedeng may mag rear end sa MU-X if the AEB suddenly engages during stop and go traffic. Hassle naman if you will turn off the AEB every time you start to drive the MU-X.

Another nitpick that I have with the MU-X, it doesn't have adaptive cruise control and a 360 degree camera, which the Fortuner has. Even the guidelines of the reverse camera doesn't move when you turn the steering wheel. That's not the case with the Fortuner's 360 degree camera, the guidelines move to the direction where you turn the steering wheel.

One nitpick naman that I have with the Fortuner but I can live with it, the 3rd row still folds sideways unlike the MU-X which folds flat.

Fortuner's headunit is the OEM that's installed at the factory in Indonesia and is the original Toyota headunit. MU-X's headunit is sourced locally by Isuzu Philippines, not the OEM headunit installed by the factory in Thailand.

Hope these will help the TS in their decision making.

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tsikot Forums mobile app

6. Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Was on the same scenario and we decided to get the MUX (3.0 LSA though). Here's my thoughts on each vehicle after having to do a test drive and be driven in both.
    MUX over Fortuner
    Bigger space in all 3 rows and easier mechanism
    Better ride and also better when loaded (always noticed that Fortuner and Innova have a tendency na dumapa ang rear pag loaded, not the case on the MUX)
    I prefer the dash design of the MUX more than the Fortuner
    Cheaper by 150k+

Fortuner over MUX
    360 camera, cruise control, power tailgate, wireless charging (things I could live without)
    leather seats (powered) - I wish Isuzu retained the leather seats even without the power adjustment
    Instrument cluster (MUX looks quite old aside from the digital screen in the middle)
    Led interior lighting with vanity lights for both driver and passenger
    all windows are auto up/down (MUX only has auto down for the driver)
    sliding 2nd row (although the default configuration of the MUX is already sufficient for all the rows)
    Engine power (Fortuner have a bit more grunt but the MUX does not lag by that much, its only quite lazy but still very powerful)

Personally I could live with the lacking toys of the MUX than the ride and smaller space of the Fortuner. I didn't include the exterior looks since its subjective.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345