New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines



Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 159
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    94
    #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
    Re: mainit na upuan, Suzuki maketing spin doctors should use it as a selling point: "Suzuki APV comes standard with warm front seats, providing a massaging effect to soothe the driver after a long, tiring ride..."
    Review from sir Macky, APV owner:

    “The engine being under the drivers seat is a non-issue as Suzuki have done a good job of isolating the engine heat and noise . It also has its radiator under the hood for better ventillation which should give us peace of mind against overheating. And if this is not enough, Suzuki Philippines has thrown in a 3-year warranty and a 2-year free maintenance.”

  2. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    62
    #32
    how long has sir macky owned his APV? usually the heat issue comes out when the vehicle gets older.
    when travelling sa highways like SLEX, NLE or star highway, di po ba unstable yung APV cause of it design? would the Avanza have the advantage in this aspect?

  3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    22,658
    #33
    The APV just looks tall due to the greenhouse. But all of the heavy bits are actually mounted very low in the chassis so don't expect the center of gravity to be sky high. The engine itself is lower than in the Avanza's.

    http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

  4. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    62
    #34
    which would be more fun to drive kaya specially in the A/T variant. for the speed freak inside you, which would give you more satisfaction. ano kaya ang mas maganda i-set-up? siguradong dadami after market parts and accessories ng avanza. may available after market parts na ba for the APV?

  5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    1,842
    #35
    Kakatakot din kasi ang mga no. 1 sa market baka parang honda minamadali sa production nasasacrifice ang quality. Then pag nakatyempo ka ng sira ang hirap iclaim sa warranty dahil sa dami ng cliente.

    APV ako.

  6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    22,710
    #36
    Most likely, the Avanza will be sportier to drive. Coil spring rear end trumps leaf-spring every time.

    I'm seeing more and more Avanzas on the road now. In metallic red? Very very pretty. Make mine a 1.5 MT...

    Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

  7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    14,824
    #37
    Errr... after riding in an Avanza... I wouldn't call it a sporty drive... more like a nauseous drive. Hehe.

    I've also seen some Avanza sporting bodykits... and it is just :suka:

    Though the exterior is more palatable than the love it or hate it APV.

  8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    22,710
    #38
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda View Post
    Errr... after riding in an Avanza... I wouldn't call it a sporty drive... more like a nauseous drive. Hehe.

    I've also seen some Avanza sporting bodykits... and it is just :suka:

    Though the exterior is more palatable than the love it or hate it APV.
    Ahhh... so Ranma was right? It is worse than the already-choppy APV? ...But how is it to drive?

    The bodykits are definitely :suka:, much like the Shark Innova kits... I prefer the stock looks... already nice and clean.

    Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

  9. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    2,605
    #39
    I disagree. The Phil Avanza's ride is not bad at all. I think that we already have the new suspension system. The 2004 Avanza that came out in Malaysia had the awfull suspension. Toyota has since changed it.

    Even with our bad roads, the Avanza will not give you a free massage ala 2001 Crosswind or the Nissan Terrano. Although its not as good as a sedan.

  10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    14,824
    #40
    Quote Originally Posted by userfriendly View Post
    I disagree. The Phil Avanza's ride is not bad at all. I think that we already have the new suspension system. The 2004 Avanza that came out in Malaysia had the awfull suspension. Toyota has since changed it.

    Even with our bad roads, the Avanza will not give you a free massage ala 2001 Crosswind or the Nissan Terrano. Although its not as good as a sedan.
    As I've said in the Avanza thread, I rode a brand new Avanza at the back in near perfect roads.

    The ride upfront is good enough but try riding at the back for a considerable amount of time and you might change your mind.

    Quote Originally Posted by niky
    Ahhh... so Ranma was right? It is worse than the already-choppy APV? ...But how is it to drive?
    Sorry... didn't had the chance to drive it and wouldn't dream about it as those LHD roads are really confusing... :puyat:

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
Toyota Avanza vs. Suzuki APV