New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    i'm thinkin of gettin a new family car but my budget's kinda tight. would like your input.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Will be going for the high end APV... at least will not be mistakenly a taxi afterwards.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Avanza = new fx taxi
    Masikip sa 3rd row parang lagayan lang ng gamit

Suzuki APV = exclusive family van
    It can also seat 8 people very comfortably. P765,000 is already automatic thus very easy to drive.

Suzuki APV no doubt!

4. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    how responsive is the 1.5 and the 1.6 engines of avanza and the apv respectively?

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    APV - family van, 8 seater, no taxi version, 2 years free service and they give good deals free insurance, lto and some other stuff like gas. Ride is a bit harsh due to the leaf spring suspension. High ground clearance. FC about 7kms/liter city drive for the AT.

Avanza - more car like, 7 seater, 1.3J will become taxi units. J version is ugly inside, 1.5G version interior is ok. Fewer free items compared to APV. Better ride than APV. FC still too early to tell. More Hp than APV. Shorter than APV and should be easier to park. Good ground clearance 180mm. May have better resale value than APV just bec its a Toyota.

For the taxi thing, it bothers some people, but I find it a plus. Should translate to plenty of cheap parts. Also if it can survive the rigors of taxi service, then normal daily use should not be a problem.

Test drive both see what you prefer.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    i'm one of those na bothered sa avanza being the new taxi hehehe

pero kung suzuki apv vs. avanza pag-uusapan, avanza na ako. hino pa din pala may-ari ng suzuki dito, wag na lang. after our samurai, I vowed never to buy anything suzuki again.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    I'd vote for the Avanza simply because the engine is located in front. After driving an L300 for three years, I vowed never to get a car with the engine underneath the seat. It gets so dang hot! No offense to APV owners.

Also, I'm with sir userfriendly with the taxi thing. I drove an FX for a while (not as a taxi, of course) and I found it a plus that even blind beggars knew not to bother me. Of course, my girlfriend wouldn't get caught in it but that's another story. Anyway, the taxi units of the Avanza will surely be colored white (predominantly, anyway) so I'd just get the other colors, like the blue one.

Cheers!

8. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Suzuki APV elicits huge response in the family car segment in KSA
    The APV offers super-spacious interiors, high comfort and safety, manual and automatic transmission and is competitively priced

June 20, 2006
    The Suzuki APV, one of the most popular family cars from the leading Japanese automobile maker Suzuki, has evoked huge response from a wide section of customers looking for a car that meets their diverse needs. The car meets the highest standards in comfort, luxury and safety and is competitively priced, which sets it apart from other cars in the family segment.
    Suzuki Saudi Arabia has been vigorously promoting this car in Saudi Arabia as it is the ideal solution for a family’s needs. A part of the Bamarouf Group, the company is confident that sales of the Suzuki APV will continue to increase given the trend among consumers to opt for a family car that offers a comprehensive package in terms of style, performance, safety, comfort and pricing.
    Sheikh Omar Bamarouf, General Manager, Suzuki Saudi Arabia said: “The Suzuki APV’s unique design is unmatched in its category. The car offers an advanced and practical transport solution in the family car segment, bringing luxury, security, comfort and safety to daily family travel. The car’s spacious interiors, its elegant design, powerful engine, excellent braking system and power steering, makes driving the Suzuki APV a real pleasure.”
    The Suzuki APV comes in two models-the GLX model with automatic transmission and the GI model with a five-speed manual gear. It was launched in early 2005 and has generated tremendous interest in markets around the world since then. The APV has a well-designed instrument panel, excellent front and rear suspension, high quality sound system, comfortable adjustable seats and generous leg space. The vehicle is also known for its fuel economy and engine responsiveness.
    The body of the APV is designed to absorb vibration and noise, and the integrated front and rear crumple zones with high-tensile steel pillars help to reduce the impact in a crash. The vehicle also comes with dual full-size crash bags for driver and front passenger; anti-lock brakes with electronic brake pressure distribution and a host of luxury features such as power windows, locks and external mirrors and air-conditioning with additional ducting.
    “The Suzuki APV forms an important component of our strategy to strengthen our leading position in the family car segment. The success of the Suzuki APV is a result of the coordinated effort and commitment of our team in all areas of design, technology and marketing. We will continue to adopt this design in future and look forward to building on these advantages to achieve success in the months ahead,” concluded Bamarouf.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Suzuki APV elicits huge response in the family car segment in KSA
    The APV offers super-spacious interiors, high comfort and safety, manual and automatic transmission and is competitively priced

June 20, 2006
    The Suzuki APV, one of the most popular family cars from the leading Japanese automobile maker Suzuki, has evoked huge response from a wide section of customers looking for a car that meets their diverse needs. The car meets the highest standards in comfort, luxury and safety and is competitively priced, which sets it apart from other cars in the family segment.
    Suzuki Saudi Arabia has been vigorously promoting this car in Saudi Arabia as it is the ideal solution for a family’s needs. A part of the Bamarouf Group, the company is confident that sales of the Suzuki APV will continue to increase given the trend among consumers to opt for a family car that offers a comprehensive package in terms of style, performance, safety, comfort and pricing.
    Sheikh Omar Bamarouf, General Manager, Suzuki Saudi Arabia said: “The Suzuki APV’s unique design is unmatched in its category. The car offers an advanced and practical transport solution in the family car segment, bringing luxury, security, comfort and safety to daily family travel. The car’s spacious interiors, its elegant design, powerful engine, excellent braking system and power steering, makes driving the Suzuki APV a real pleasure.”
    The Suzuki APV comes in two models-the GLX model with automatic transmission and the GI model with a five-speed manual gear. It was launched in early 2005 and has generated tremendous interest in markets around the world since then. The APV has a well-designed instrument panel, excellent front and rear suspension, high quality sound system, comfortable adjustable seats and generous leg space. The vehicle is also known for its fuel economy and engine responsiveness.
    The body of the APV is designed to absorb vibration and noise, and the integrated front and rear crumple zones with high-tensile steel pillars help to reduce the impact in a crash. The vehicle also comes with dual full-size crash bags for driver and front passenger; anti-lock brakes with electronic brake pressure distribution and a host of luxury features such as power windows, locks and external mirrors and air-conditioning with additional ducting.
    “The Suzuki APV forms an important component of our strategy to strengthen our leading position in the family car segment. The success of the Suzuki APV is a result of the coordinated effort and commitment of our team in all areas of design, technology and marketing. We will continue to adopt this design in future and look forward to building on these advantages to achieve success in the months ahead,” concluded Bamarouf.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by praetorian View Post
    I'd vote for the Avanza simply because the engine is located in front. After driving an L300 for three years, I vowed never to get a car with the engine underneath the seat. It gets so dang hot! No offense to APV owners
    nasa upuan pala ang makina na APV? well then, Avanza for me.

Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast
Toyota Avanza vs. Suzuki APV