New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetjock View Post
    nasa upuan pala ang makina na APV? well then, Avanza for me.
    Boiled egg hehehehe.

For me i'll get the base model Innova.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If you need a full-on eight seater with luggage space, the APV is hard to beat. The Avanza still feels like a 5+2 for me.

If you have a small family or will just probably leave the third seat folded most of the time, the Avanza will work well enough.

Personally, I'd take the Zuk in A/T form.

I guess it also helps that I have access to underground Suzuki Service and Suzuki Genuine Parts. Half the labor cost compared to the dealership but still via Suzuki Certified Mechanics and still with Suzuki Genuine Parts. Just a text away. You can even request that they bring their diagnostic computer to check the ECU.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by userfriendly View Post
    APV - family van, 8 seater, no taxi version, 2 years free service and they give good deals free insurance, lto and some other stuff like gas. Ride is a bit harsh due to the leaf spring suspension. High ground clearance. FC about 7kms/liter city drive for the AT.

Avanza - more car like, 7 seater, 1.3J will become taxi units. J version is ugly inside, 1.5G version interior is ok. Fewer free items compared to APV. Better ride than APV. FC still too early to tell. More Hp than APV. Shorter than APV and should be easier to park. Good ground clearance 180mm. May have better resale value than APV just bec its a Toyota.

For the taxi thing, it bothers some people, but I find it a plus. Should translate to plenty of cheap parts. Also if it can survive the rigors of taxi service, then normal daily use should not be a problem.

Test drive both see what you prefer.
    seven km/l lang ang fuel concumption ng APV. malakas din pala.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetjock View Post
    nasa upuan pala ang makina na APV? well then, Avanza for me.

I always dread the day na wala driver ko and I have to drive our L300FB. feeling ko mababaog ako sa init ng makina kapag nasa upuan.

ganyan pala APV, another minus

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Parang hind naman mainit yung upuan dun sa test unit. Baka malamig lang ang aircon nun. hehehe.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    Parang hind naman mainit yung upuan dun sa test unit. Baka malamig lang ang aircon nun. hehehe.
    yun na test drive ko medyo mainit sa legs, sa may likod ng tuhod. yung aircon niya pwede mag direct ng hangin below the dashboard. so malamig upper body mo at mga paa. tostado itlog mo.

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    Yan ang ayaw ko sa van nakakairita yung init sa upuan.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Ok to pag Avanza "boss para" pinagkamalang taxi, sa APV boiled eggs Ano ang masgusto nyo?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by userfriendly View Post
    Ok to pag Avanza "boss para" pinagkamalang taxi, sa APV boiled eggs Ano ang masgusto nyo?
    Buti kung nag-'boss para' pa. Dati nasa Quezon Avenue ako nagpapapalit ng battery, yung isang beige na FX sa traffic biglang nilapitan at binuksan ng commuter ang pinto. Gulat yung driver sabay sigaw, 'private po ako!'

Ganyan lang talaga, lahat naman may compromise. Kaya get the one that fits your needs and wants best. Medyo malayo naman ang hitsura ng private Avanza vs. taxi unit. Unless you get a 1.3 in white, with no tint and put 'BAYAN KO SAGOT KO' on the back doors.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Sino po bang nagsabing mainit ang upuan pag nasa ilalim ang engine? Nasubukan nyo na ba riding a modern van?

Hindi po mainit upuan ng APV. In fact it is non-existent because of their excellent isulation.

We have a 1990 L300 versa van, and yes the seats tend to get a bit hot coming from the sides. Pero we cured this simply by just putting some insulation under the seats and viola... no more "boiled eggs!" Ang daling solusyonan diba?

We also have a lite ace and the engine is also underneat the seats pero non existent ang init (kahit nag-o-overheat sya madalas!).

Back to the APV, a modern van, tingin nyo ma-e-experience nyo dito and "boiled eggs!?" Well, sorry to dissappoint you guys pero this is absolutely non existence! Gone are the days po na pag ang engine ng van sa ilalim e iinit ang it_og nyo! 2006 na po wala na po yun!

Baka sa mga trucks or pang harabas na loading delivery van e meron.

I saw the Avanza, the Avanza looks promising. I must say that I like the design better than the innova (parang oversize yung body and doors). Kaya lang masikip sa likod 3rd row plus medyo mahal na sya (lumagpas na sa 800,000 yung AT top of the line). Me nagsabi pa sa akin na Korean Daihatsu people carry van daw yun na binili ng Toyota Indonesia yung design (need more research). At least honest yung sales rep at sinabi agad as a warning that the Avanza will be the next taxi (fx).

If you will get a van, of course your main purpose is to carry the most number of people comfortably as possible. Masaya pag sama sama buong pamilya or barkada diba?

APV kasya 8 (pwede pang ipilit na 10) at only P735,000 for the top of the line AT (yes they are giving less 30,000 pesos discount to cash buyers) plus sobrang daming freebies nakakalula.

Kung Avanza na alanganin yung 3rd row e wag na lang. I'll just get a car. Or mag tataxi na lang ako tutal eto din naman yun !

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Toyota Avanza vs. Suzuki APV