New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2011

2. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    IMO... if you are after comfort... get an suv.... its better than a navarra..

You cannot load no more than 450kgs on a navarra... anything more than that, navarras bump stop na ang bumubuhat ng load mo...

Engine... IMo ranger is better and more durable...
    Number of liters of oil palang.. mas madami ang oil capacity ng ranger..5.5 vs 8li..

Pag pickup and if your loading heavy stuff..

What youll need is low to mid power band.. better ang low to mid power ng ranger..

Navarra mid to high naman mas malakas...

Parts Availability.... mas madami ranger and cheaper...

3. Join Date
    Jun 2011

4. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by glenn manikis View Post
    IMO... if you are after comfort... get an suv.... its better than a navarra..

You cannot load no more than 450kgs on a navarra... anything more than that, navarras bump stop na ang bumubuhat ng load mo...

Engine... IMo ranger is better and more durable...
    Number of liters of oil palang.. mas madami ang oil capacity ng ranger..5.5 vs 8li..

Pag pickup and if your loading heavy stuff..

What youll need is low to mid power band.. better ang low to mid power ng ranger..

Navarra mid to high naman mas malakas...

Parts Availability.... mas madami ranger and cheaper...
    I am more of comfort and style, both have the macho look. Di naman gagamitin to carry heavy loads. May CUV na kasi ako and this will be my third car. Kaya ko lang gusto ang truck for peace of mind when travelling especially sa mga unexpected road conditions and flood na passable lang kung truck ang gamit. Concern ko rin kasi ang cost ng maintenance.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevz321 View Post
    I am more of comfort and style, both have the macho look.
    then get the navara sport. macho look kahit stock. and since comfort is a must for you di ka magsisi sa navara.

Di naman gagamitin to carry heavy loads.
    again navara seems to suit your requirement

May CUV na kasi ako and this will be my third car. Kaya ko lang gusto ang truck for peace of mind when travelling especially sa mga unexpected road conditions and flood na passable lang kung truck ang gamit.
    same like me.

Concern ko rin kasi ang cost ng maintenance.
    first time i own a nissan. mukhang mataas ang parts nila.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by godwhacker View Post
    then get the navara sport. macho look kahit stock. and since comfort is a must for you di ka magsisi sa navara.

again navara seems to suit your requirement

same like me.

first time i own a nissan. mukhang mataas ang parts nila.
    Thanks, you have covered all my concern, I know about the parts, at least I'll save (I hope ) some for the regular casa maintenance. I have received the manager's check and already talked to the sales rep, he's giving me 40k discount plus 6k manager's discount, other msc and bedliner. I ordered a white one and just waiting to arrive in December and sabi nila 2018 model na Euro6 compliant.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Thanks, you have covered all my concern, I know about the parts, at least I'll save (I hope ) some for the regular casa maintenance.
    you're welcome... if you can get the sport 4x4, you won't regret it. it won't embarass you when overtaking other pick ups even uphill. as others here already said, it's a beast indeed! that's from direct driving experience. it's macho looking and pang romansa...hindi pangkarga.

I ordered a white one and just waiting to arrive in December and sabi nila 2018 model na Euro6 compliant.
    very good news.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    [QUOTE=godwhacker;2892071]you're welcome... if you can get the sport 4x4, you won't regret it. it won't embarass you when overtaking other pick ups even uphill. as others here already said, it's a beast indeed! that's from direct driving experience. it's macho looking and pang romansa...hindi pangkarga.

Thanks for the info. I only budgeted for the 4X2 since am not going to use it for off roading. I also do not like the built in roll bar for the sports edition. I would rather put outlander rollbar in it. I also asked my trusted mechanic and suggested not to get the ranger for mechanical and electrical issues befor or after 3 years ownership.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    [QUOTE=Kevz321;2892934]
    Quote Originally Posted by godwhacker View Post
    you're welcome... if you can get the sport 4x4, you won't regret it. it won't embarass you when overtaking other pick ups even uphill. as others here already said, it's a beast indeed! that's from direct driving experience. it's macho looking and pang romansa...hindi pangkarga.

Thanks for the info. I only budgeted for the 4X2 since am not going to use it for off roading. I also do not like the built in roll bar for the sports edition. I would rather put outlander rollbar in it. I also asked my trusted mechanic and suggested not to get the ranger for mechanical and electrical issues befor or after 3 years ownership.
    but how reliable is your mechanic, as an "authoritative information source" ?

10. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Good day Tsikoters,
    I'm torn between the Nissan Navara & Ford Ranger both for the 4X2 AT version. What's your opinion regarding any issues for both if there's any? Am aware of the maintenance cost of the two, gusto ko lang malaman yung opinion ninyo as to which is worth the money. Medyo inclined ako sa Navara kaso with the previous gen marami ata naging issues, unsure about the new NP300, I don't want any regrets later on. Pa-enlighten naman mga bossing.
    How bout isuzu D-MAX? or toyota Hilux? I guess they are better options for truck.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast