New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Good day Tsikoters,
    I'm torn between the Nissan Navara & Ford Ranger both for the 4X2 AT version. What's your opinion regarding any issues for both if there's any? Am aware of the maintenance cost of the two, gusto ko lang malaman yung opinion ninyo as to which is worth the money. Medyo inclined ako sa Navara kaso with the previous gen marami ata naging issues, unsure about the new NP300, I don't want any regrets later on. Pa-enlighten naman mga bossing.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Para sakin po i go for navara, ford sabi very costly ang maintenance specially the parts. Both choice are indeed nice. We dont have ford truck, I maybe bias coz we have nissan frontier 4x4 more than 10 years old mileage more than 200k, still very good no headaches at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    [QUOTE=erdiedizon;2887588]Para sakin po i go for navara, ford sabi very costly ang maintenance specially the parts. Both choice are indeed nice. We dont have ford truck, I maybe bias coz we have nissan frontier 4x4 more than 10 years old mileage more than 200k, still very good no headaches at all.

Thanks, if Nissan still has the Frontier with the same engine, no doubt I will choose the Frontier. Kaso with the new gen Navara NP300 sana nga same ng Frontier. Yun kasi previous gen ng Navara madami ata issues.

4. Join Date
    May 2007
    Ano mas ok feature?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevz321 View Post
    Good day Tsikoters,
    I'm torn between the Nissan Navara & Ford Ranger both for the 4X2 AT version. What's your opinion regarding any issues for both if there's any? Am aware of the maintenance cost of the two, gusto ko lang malaman yung opinion ninyo as to which is worth the money. Medyo inclined ako sa Navara kaso with the previous gen marami ata naging issues, unsure about the new NP300, I don't want any regrets later on. Pa-enlighten naman mga bossing.
    Go for Navarra. Had a chance to drive a Ranger before then may nag overtake samin na Navarra ayun.. naiwan kami. Though there is a "driver" factor in driving you can see the performance of the Navarra. It's a beast for me. We are pushing the Navarra to the limit dahil naghabulan kami sa daan. Di ka rin ipapahiya ng Ranger. Given the chance, I'll choose Navarra.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevz321 View Post
    Good day Tsikoters,
    If you really know the difference in maintenance cost between the two and you still want to compare both, I suggest you take the Ranger. We've been on that situation early this year and Maintenance cost alone pushed us to go to a Nissan dealership. For sure, every time you leave the CASA after PMS, you'll have a smile in your face due to low maintenance cost. Since then, our only major gripe (if you consider it major) is that we should have bought the 4x4 VL variant instead of the EL A/T. Ok na ok naman talaga yung 4x2 EL A/T, until you go to Ilocos Norte and have the desire to try the sand dunes... City dweller naman kami most of the time kaya ok na rin kami sa 4x2.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    I had the chance to drive a friends' 4x4 Navara.

It was the most comfortable pick-up that I've driven.

I drive a 4x4 Strada (for comparison purposes lang)

8. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by lowslowbenz View Post
    I had the chance to drive a friends' 4x4 Navara.

It was the most comfortable pick-up that I've driven.

I drive a 4x4 Strada (for comparison purposes lang)
    I got the Sport 4X4 and fully agree. i've experienced driving the latest HiLux, Wildtrak, Mitsu, but comfort wise, none of them beat the Navara. of course comfort is my first requirement. and power is there when you need it. steering issue still didn't come up (production date was May 2017. My only concern so far is when it is heavily loaded. it tends to oscillate up and down. with minimal load, rides like an SUV. if not, much better.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by godwhacker View Post
    I got the Sport 4X4 and fully agree. i've experienced driving the latest HiLux, Wildtrak, Mitsu, but comfort wise, none of them beat the Navara. of course comfort is my first requirement. and power is there when you need it. steering issue still didn't come up (production date was May 2017. My only concern so far is when it is heavily loaded. it tends to oscillate up and down. with minimal load, rides like an SUV. if not, much better.
    how is it during slow traffic? tahimik naman? hows the 7spd transmission? super smooth?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

10. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    how is it during slow traffic? tahimik naman? hows the 7spd transmission? super smooth?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    the 4x4 is quite a good performer in slow moving traffic. mas mataas kasi ang torque ng VL compared to EL AFAIK. idle pa lang, mas tahimik ang gen2 SF ko. this is probably because the Santa Fe is timing belt while the Navara is chain if i'm not mistaken. it's too early to make conclusions on the 7 speed tranny kasi mag 2 months palang ang Sport VL ko. on the one hand, I took it on a provincial trip to test the gear changes and it was ok on open highway. on the other hand, i also experimented on a trip to the mountains full of passengers. i wanted to find out how the shifting behaves on varying terrains. di naman siguro super smooth pero ang masabi ko lang so far, it has met my expectations.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast