New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    That's the correct price, it's the older model so it's definitely cheaper.

I'd say skip that and go for the FD Civic instead.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk
    I like the FD Civic too but I'm afraid they're priced above my budget at the moment.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Like what Jut said. Go with the 1.8s variants, the one with safety features. I'm going to assume na magiging family car nyo yan, mas maganda nang may added safety feature.

And wag mo na muna isipin na baka ibenta mo sya in a year or two.

Who knows, maybe you'd fell in love with the Civic FD, to the point na hindi mo na sya ibebenta.

Ang focus mo nalang muna for now is finding a good deal ng 1.8s Civic FD or an Altis 2009-2011 perhaps.

If yan lang sa dalawa talaga yung options mo,
    I'd rather go with the Vios if hindi mo ipupush yung budget mo to get the S variant ng Civic.

Or if cash mo bibilhin yung mga options mo.
    Why not try considering na dumiretso na sa brand new?
    Mirage G4 or the Vios 1.3 J. If yung 300k na pang downpayment mo. Nasa 7k-9k nalang monthly mo nun. Since may balak ka na din naman mag brand new in the near future.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post

For me, it's a no-brainer to get a Civic but you might have different priorities.

True, depends on priorities.

I was close to selling the 2007 Vios of my in-laws and replacing it with the FD that another Aunt is selling (i maintain both cars anyway). I decided not to as the priority for my in-laws is ease of maintenance, fuel consumption, and durability of the car. If it was my personal car then i would go for the FD simply because it's the more engaging drive and has more space.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by arvs18 View Post
    Pero singit ko na din dagdag ka lang ng konti pang budget, alam ko makakakuha ka na ng 2009 Altis.
    How's the fuel consumption of the 2008 Altis 1.8V? Same gen ng 2009 but there's not many of them on the road because it was offered only for a year (in favor of the 2.0V).

5. Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by adulaamin View Post
    How's the fuel consumption of the 2008 Altis 1.8V? Same gen ng 2009 but there's not many of them on the road because it was offered only for a year (in favor of the 2.0V).
    I have no idea about the 1.8V of the Altis.
    But my cousin's 2010 Altis 1.6V's AT Fuel consumption is 9-11 km/l city drive, pag heavy traffic daw nasa 7-8 km/l.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by adulaamin View Post
    I'm also eyeing a 2005 Civic VTI-S, but I'm wary because of its price. It's being sold at 235K, which I think might be too low. I haven't personally looked at it yet so I'm not really sure. I mean if it's legit, I'd definitely consider buying it. Are there any signs I need to look for when I go check it out? Can it really be that inexpensive (relatively). It has almost 120k on the odo.
    Thats not cheap for a 2nd hand 2005 model with 120k odo reading. Honda is known to have higher resale value than toyota. For 235k, you can get an altis 2007.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Civic syempre between the two. Far off in terms of quality and space. I've ridden in an FD Civic 2.0S and the interior is very well made... Feels almost like an Accord already. As mentioned, if the lack of airbags and ABS bothers you (I consider both nice-to-haves but not necessary), look for the 1.8S. In the 2nd hand market, there's hardly any price difference among different variants.

Not considering the Altis 1.6? It might be the best compromise between fuel consumption and interior space. And I'd much prefer a base Altis over a top of the line Vios.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Civic syempre between the two. Far off in terms of quality and space. I've ridden in an FD Civic 2.0S and the interior is very well made... Feels almost like an Accord already. As mentioned, if the lack of airbags and ABS bothers you (I consider both nice-to-haves but not necessary), look for the 1.8S. In the 2nd hand market, there's hardly any price difference among different variants.

Not considering the Altis 1.6? It might be the best compromise between fuel consumption and interior space. And I'd much prefer a base Altis over a top of the line Vios.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    civic. better car. i had a 2006 fd civic and it was fun to drive and yes look for the 1.8s, better interior also.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Owning a 2007 Civic FD oks pa kaya? May available parts pa? And are they expensive?

10. Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Okay pa bro. Kakabili ko lang akin last July. civic fd 2.0

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast