New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    hmmm

Mukhang scary yung optra kasi gas guzzler...

Parang spot yung vios pero ang plain ng exterior

Ok yung jazz na black, i like it... dba hirap ang 1.3CVT sa paakayat? or 1.5CVT dapat?

I want space kasi... jazz daw ok ang space is this true? i have not seen any vehicle yet nor test drove any. am so confused.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by federal
    hmmm

Mukhang scary yung optra kasi gas guzzler...

Parang spot yung vios pero ang plain ng exterior

Ok yung jazz na black, i like it... dba hirap ang 1.3CVT sa paakayat? or 1.5CVT dapat?

I want space kasi... jazz daw ok ang space is this true? i have not seen any vehicle yet nor test drove any. am so confused.
    The best thing you can do is Test drive the Vios, Jazz and Optra.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    If it was a showdown between the Jazz or the Optra, I'd go for the Jazz. Choose the 1.5CVT, good balance between fuel efficiency and power. I almost got the Honda City 1.5VTEC myself, buti na lang I read Psylocke's testimony about his experience with Honda. If not for that, I would've surely gotten the City.

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    City 1.5 V CVT PHP 735,000.00

Jazz 1.5V CVT PHP 767,000

The City 1.5 has dual SRS airbags while the Vios is only for the driver's side.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    sa mga 1.5 nyan sa Vios,City or jazz ako.

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    To be fair, the Vios has its own fair share of "woes" but I dont think its comparable to what Psylocke experienced with his City unit. Psylocke's City is definitely a defective unit that should have been replaced but Honda for their own reasons chose not to. This is quite normal in a production line, a certain percentage coming out will experience inherent defects. Its just plain bad luck and energy-sapping if you manage to get a faulty unit and the manufacturer fails to responsibly exercise their right in the contract of sale as a vendor, to warrant against hidden defects.

On a lighter note, another advantage the City over the Vios is the ULT seats (basically rear seats that can be folded down flat or up for accomodating lengthy cargos.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002

just got this from another website. compare that with the jazz's fuel economy and its no contest.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006

just got this from another website. compare that with the jazz's fuel economy and its no contest.
    Brand new unit? (no license plates)
    If that person wanted an economy car, he should have just bought a Toyota Vios 1.3 or Honda Jazz 1.3.
    GM has been selling tons of Optras since late 2003, and through numerous owner's feedbacks, its a fact that the Optra's ETEC-II is no match for the newer more fuel efficient variable valve timing engines.
    Those who buy Optras now are those who go for its overall value. Its one of the most affordable "compact class" sedans, being in the same price segment of slightly smaller sedans like the Vios(sub-compact class).
    Last edited by AG4; March 8th, 2006 at 11:15 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Time to replace...  1.5G Vios or 1.6L Optra?