New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Guys

Got an old 1.6L '99 GLI Corolla I want to trade-in... but don't know to which car

a) 1.5G Vios A/T
    -top of the line
    -looks cool with digital stuff
    -small though and I feel kinda awkward with small cars. Nasanay me sa Accord.
    -tipid sa gas so it's a plus.

b) 1.6L Optra A/T
    -secondliner model (LS came out with 6cd changer and Airbags)
    -First time to own a Chevy so not sure about the re-sale value. Am suffering this dilemna with my Ford Escape.
    -Not a compact car so ok naman dba...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    you might want to take a look at the optra wagon too. looks good for me

3. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    we have a 2004 vios A/T. what i can say is, mabaho aircon. sa overtake, kailangan talaga floor the gas tapos may mga shift shock pag lipat ng gear. lalo na pag overtake.... sabi nila typical daw yung sa matic na hindi cvt. look for vios club website para alam mo mga hinaing ng mga may vios. btw, ang matic na vios when n drive, 2, or L and ur on a slope, umaatras. normal lang daw yun sabi ng toyota. btw, ours gets about 17 km/l

dont know about optra pero may mga nagsasabi its a lemon car and sucks sa fuel economy.

try honda for a change....1.5L jazz maybe.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    lakas nga sa gaso ang optra. average ata nya is around 6 k/l city, 8-9k/l h-way.
    ayaw mo lynx? o altis? o civic?

6. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    optra wagon looks nice.

am open to vios or city and jazz. optra came to my mind kasi it's mura and ka-price ng vios/city/jazz tapos sedan class pa.

dba mahal vios at 710k compared to 680k optra? jazz is 685 1.3CVT... mas mulawag ba ang jazz compared to city and vios? scary naman yung reviews ng vios parang sirain... umaatras meaning hina talaga?

Now that jazz and city are included prospects... am more confused. will test drive 1.6L optra this week and vios 1.5G too... OK ba 1.3L CVT ng honda City and JAZZ in gas consumption?

Although I noticed in the polls that Vios outranked City...

7. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by happy_gilmore
    lakas nga sa gaso ang optra. average ata nya is around 6 k/l city, 8-9k/l h-way.
    ayaw mo lynx? o altis? o civic?
    am looking for a replacement in the 600-700k php range to replace corolla... after all 7 y/o na...... just bought an accord last oct... la na me money :D

8. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    I prefer Toyota over Chevy. So, Vios na.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by federal
    optra wagon looks nice.

am open to vios or city and jazz. optra came to my mind kasi it's mura and ka-price ng vios/city/jazz tapos sedan class pa.

dba mahal vios at 710k compared to 680k optra? jazz is 685 1.3CVT... mas mulawag ba ang jazz compared to city and vios? scary naman yung reviews ng vios parang sirain... umaatras meaning hina talaga?

Now that jazz and city are included prospects... am more confused. will test drive 1.6L optra this week and vios 1.5G too... OK ba 1.3L CVT ng honda City and JAZZ in gas consumption?

Although I noticed in the polls that Vios outranked City...

ganda CVT ng city tsaka ng jazz. ganda ba fuel efficiency and consumption nya.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Suggestion ko wait until next week muna before buying. March 3 ang official debut ng all-new Civic. Mukhang pasok naman yung budget mo sa entry level trim.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Time to replace...  1.5G Vios or 1.6L Optra?