New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Hi Tsikot Members,

I would like to seek your expert advice because im currently looking to choose between Toyota Tamaraw FX or Toyota lite Ace which will be used by my sales agents on there day to day sales activities.

Which one is fuel efficient? Durable? low maintenance?

are there any other alternatives? perhaps izusu highlander? mitsubishi L-300?

Thank you in advance and more power to tsikot.com

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Between the two, get the FX. It has bigger seating capacity and more powerful engines. How much is the budget? You could just get the newer Revo or Hilander instead.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Between the two, get the FX. It has bigger seating capacity and more powerful engines. How much is the budget? You could just get the newer Revo or Hilander instead.

My budget is around 150k.

They say the the Tamaraw fx diesel engine is fuel efficient but prone for smoke belching likewise expensive in terms of maintenance.

is this true?

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    It all depends on the care given to the vehicle. No vehicle can stay in good condition for long if it is not properly maintained. Considering the number of FX's still on the streets, and in cab service, I'd say that the maintenance cost should be minimal and the vehicle itself sturdy enough to withstand long term abuse. But the engine, even though better than the Liteace, is rather underpowered still.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    tamaraws are sturdier and are built simpler than the liteace, hence less parts to malfunction.
    i'd like to recommend the revo, but prices of used ones are still unbelievably high.
    have you considered the korean vans?

6. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    From you choices, Tamaraw FX would be a better choice compared to Lite Ace. I really dont know about its efficiency, but the diesel version of the tamaraw FX is probably efficient.

In terms of maintenance, diesel vehicles cost more compared to gasoline ones, but not too much I think.

Hi lander would be a better alternative, but for 150K I think its out of you budget.

But hey, check this out

http://www.sulit.com.ph/index.php/vi...ords=hi+lander

A Hi lander with a trooper's 3.1 liter diesel engine for just 168K. The cheapest I found. But I dont know if it would be efficient like the usual hi lander because of its engine, but powerful though.
    Last edited by digitel; December 16th, 2010 at 05:16 PM.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by digitel View Post
    From you choices, Tamaraw FX would be a better choice compared to Lite Ace. I really dont know about its efficiency, but the diesel version of the tamaraw FX is probably efficient.

In terms of maintenance, diesel vehicles cost more compared to gasoline ones, but not too much I think.

Hi lander would be a better alternative, but for 150K I think its out of you budget.

But hey, check this out

http://www.sulit.com.ph/index.php/vi...ords=hi+lander

A Hi lander with a trooper's 3.1 liter diesel engine for just 168K. The cheapest I found. But I dont know if it would be efficient like the usual hi lander because of its engine, but powerful though.
    Wow! Imagine the Sportivo owners being smoked by a laspag Hilander. They could have put a hoodscoop on top though.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    tamaraws are sturdier and are built simpler than the liteace, hence less parts to malfunction.
    i'd like to recommend the revo, but prices of used ones are still unbelievably high.
    have you considered the korean vans?

Not yet for korean cars but im willing to consider it. what model? any suggestions?

9. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    * GTi - thanks for the inputs and advice.

* digitel - thank you for the suggestion im going to check out that highlander personally.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I would definitely get a Tamaraw FX over a Liteace. The Liteace is nicer, but it's cramped, hard to work on, prone to overheating and has neither power nor economy.

L300s... you'll pretty much get garbage at those prices. I should know, I went hunting for one, once, for work.

You CAN get a beat-up Hilander at 150k if you look around. Ours sold for around that. The interior was garbage, but it still drove better than any L300 at that price that I've ever driven.... I don't think I'd ever get one with the 3.1 4JX1 Trooper engine, though... what a can of worms that could turn out to be... but if it were the 3.2... now we're talking...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Tamaraw FX vs Lite Ace