New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Took vinj's advice and had a look at sulit. There were quite a few late gen Previas on sale. It appears the space behind the 3rd row can handle 2 folded wheelchairs standing up with some room on the side for some more cargo. Of course it will depend on a final actual fit if my Mom wants to proceed with the purchase, but there's a chance.

What I like about the Previa is that it does not feel as big as the Alphard, and is not as imposing. Perfect, feels psychologically smaller, giving the prospective buyer more confidence that it's not much bigger than the Innova. Saves about 500-600k in the process. Though the 2.45m entry price isn't cheap

2. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Around May last year we were looking for a suitable van to replace my mom's gen1 Expedition ( we didn't want another GS as we already have 2 in the family). We were already decided on the Alphard V6, but then it was not to be because there was a long wait time to get an Alphard, we decided to look elsewhere and ended up getting a gray market Toyota Sienna which in hindsight works better for my parents because of the lower height which makes ingress/egress easier for them. But buying a gray market is not for everyone as most parts needs to be sourced abroad and also you'll have to look for a competent place for servicing needs although these can be done with a little patience.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Open ka pala sa 2nd hand? Tingnan mo to oh! http://www.sulit.com.ph/index.php/vi...ition,7-12,132 Casa maintained and apparently only has 25tkms at 1.2M

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ronw123w124 View Post
    Around May last year we were looking for a suitable van to replace my mom's gen1 Expedition ( we didn't want another GS as we already have 2 in the family). We were already decided on the Alphard V6, but then it was not to be because there was a long wait time to get an Alphard, we decided to look elsewhere and ended up getting a gray market Toyota Sienna which in hindsight works better for my parents because of the lower height which makes ingress/egress easier for them. But buying a gray market is not for everyone as most parts needs to be sourced abroad and also you'll have to look for a competent place for servicing needs although these can be done with a little patience.
    That's true, gray market purchases are not for everyone. But I'm personally open to them. Despite the Sienna being a Toyota (the brand which my Mom is biased toward), it's not something a 'T' casa can readily service, which is what's behind her preference for a Toyota. Another con would be the size of the Sienna, which is about that of the Carnival. But I agree, the ride height on the Sienna is perfect for the oldies but goodies.

Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Open ka pala sa 2nd hand? Tingnan mo to oh! 2009 Toyota Previa Full Option "top of the line" Philippines - 8014003 Casa maintained and apparently only has 25tkms at 1.2M
    Actually, I don't think a 2nd hand purchase is an option, especially since we usually keep cars for a pretty long time (7 years and more). It just so happened that I could only find usable pictures in second hand posts.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Finally was able to talk to the Previa driver in the basement as he was fixing his van. Very accommodating si Manong from JICA. Inabante pa niya yung oto para makita ko yung space sa likod. Inalok pa akong umupo, nahiya lang ako. Hehe!

Anyways, though I wasn't able to bring a tape measure, by my reckoning, 2 wheelchairs will fit in the space behind the 3rd row. It's more spacious than an Innova back there, but not by a whole lot. 1st and 2nd row accommodations are topnotch, with the 3rd row a little bit pinched if the 2nd row is moved real back. This looks to be what I'll be recommending. It does have that posh feel despite not having that many doodads at the back.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    So order na? :D

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I wish! Hehehe!

I'd given her my recommendations yesterday, right after I checked the one in the parking out. Sila na bahala magdecide.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12