New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    2 contenders left on my original choices.(previous thread link that i started - http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showt...ighlight=Lorna)

Ano sa dalawa pipiliin mo? silang 2 lang talaga choices.

Kung ikaw si ako, ano gagawin mu kung ito ang mga inaalala mo?

- Parehong manual.
    - Parehong red or puti and color choice.
    - First car to be.
    - Car will be use for weekend. gimik, lakwatsa, road trip. once a week pag pasok sa work from san pedro to ortigas.
    - Financing for 5 years.
    - Fuel Consumption.
    - Fun to drive.
    - Reliability.

Kung meron pa kayong nais idagdag para makatulong sa desisyon ko ay ma aapreciate ng lubos. Salamat!

(Sorry nga pala. kung tanong ako ng tanong. Bagito lang talaga ako at ayoko lang magkamali sa magiging desisyon ko. Salamat, bow!)

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    pwede jazz na lang? hehe joke.

anyway, ill take the swift over the yaris. though i havent driven the yaris, i like how the swift drives. FC and reliability, yaris na lang but for porma and power, ill take the swift.

draw back ng swift is the weak alternator but if you not into ICE, then it wont be a problem. also the availability of parts is somewhat harder than toyota.

conclusion:

practicality: yaris
    porma and maintenance would be handled by casa: swift

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    Para sa akin, both cars are fun to drive although I've only been a passenger on the Yaris.

I love the Swift's legroom and I'm a mini cooper fan so I'd get it in a heartbeat. I still find the Yaris overpriced for its package.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    OK... 2 - 0 na, in favor of SWIFT. hehe...

Quote Originally Posted by archie123456789 View Post
    pwede jazz na lang? hehe joke.

anyway, ill take the swift over the yaris. though i havent driven the yaris, i like how the swift drives. FC and reliability, yaris na lang but for porma and power, ill take the swift.

draw back ng swift is the weak alternator but if you not into ICE, then it wont be a problem. also the availability of parts is somewhat harder than toyota.

conclusion:

practicality: yaris
    porma and maintenance would be handled by casa: swift
    Jazz? pede din kaso i will stick with my plan. hehehe... actually gusto ko din yun kaso problema 1.3 engine ang ka-presyo ng 1.5 na yaris at swift. then ang masama pa dun. walang discount or free insurance na ibinibigay ang jazz not unlike yaris and swift na very generous in giving freebies and discounts...

Mahinang alternator? ICE? so tunaw agad ang yelo sa loob ng swift? joke. hehehe...
    Nabasa ko nga din na ayun ang draw back ng swift. cant take much electronic gadgets...so no amp and no subs??? how sad. i like pa man din sana na magkaron ng SPL sound system sa auto ko. siguro naman may workaround for that?

* Memphis Raines - you said "I love the Swift's legroom" does that means na mas malaki legroom nito compare sa yaris? tama po ba? thanks.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    may legroom pala ang swift? hahaha

between the two, i'd go with the yaris for pm practicality and parts availability. kung masiraan ka doon, nagkalat yung toyota parts everywhere. kung masiraan ka sa swift, ang alam ko sa banawe pa lang meron ng parts. i'm guessing mas mahal din pm costs ng suzuki since mas konti yung available na units.

regarding long trips though, kung eto yung balak mo, you might want to look at a compact sedan instead. hindi comfortable ang subcompacts kapag malayong lakad. i have a jazz and from manila pa lang papunta ng pampanga naiinis na ko kasi ang liit talaga.

if you're looking at the same price range, the lancer glx/gls would actually fit your budget. 1.6 engine ka na, mas maluwag pa sa loob. check it out too. if you're decided though na subcompact na talaga, better look at the jazz also as it's the roomiest na yata.

don't just look at porma; your car will be with you for at least five years so dapat comfortable ka rin using it the whole time. look at other factors too like FC, PM, passenger comfort, etc

6. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Yaris bro. I'm having 14-17km/L 75% city driving.

Mas maluwag ang yaris sa likod and has some boot compares sa swift.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    pwede ba hyundai i10? swift ako

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Suzuki Swift for me... Yaris still is, too spartan for me....

7202:bruce_lee:

9. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    swift for more pogi points :D

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Suzuki casa especially the one at SHAW gets a very poor rating in maintenance and repair. :boo:

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Swift or Yaris? Yun lang.