New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by carlo_41786 View Post
    Mahinang alternator? ICE? so tunaw agad ang yelo sa loob ng swift? joke. hehehe...
    Nabasa ko nga din na ayun ang draw back ng swift. cant take much electronic gadgets...so no amp and no subs??? how sad. i like pa man din sana na magkaron ng SPL sound system sa auto ko. siguro naman may workaround for that?.
    naku, SPL pa... power hungry yung ganong setup. hehe

the only work around is to change the alternator or rewind which will ruin the warranty. sayang naman kung mawawala yung warranty para lang sa ICE.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    * archie123456789 - hmmm... Ganun ba? Sige stock muna ako... Sayang yung warranty nya. Bili nalang ako ng yelo.(ICE) hahaha... at nasa SPL na naman ako eh. San Pedro Laguna.

* ghosthunter - How about the casa in Alabang? Any feedback?

* tsupermario - tama pogi points... i even asked my girl friends(mga babae kong kaibigan) and they said na mas maganda nga ang swift. sakto lang daw sa height ko. hehehe... at mas cute, parang mini cooper.

* aga_cruz - Hyundai i10? Masyadong maliit eh. hehehe. at parang Korean bug. joke lang.

* nurse_corrupted - tipid nun ah. Power to weight ratio talaga noh? Ano kaya ang figure ng Swift in terms on FC?

* a9828 - Lancer GLX? isa din sa option ko dati yun pero ayaw ng tatay ko lancer. ewan ko nga ba... pati naman itong dalawang option ko ayaw nya. gusto eh adventure. hehe. yoko nga nun... ang laki eh... Lancer GLX is good but marami nakapagsabi na mahina daw ang pang ilalim at out dated na daw ang lancer na ito. ewan ko. di pa naman ako napag drive ng ganun car. hayyy. well, i will stick with my choices... Swift or yaris. hehehe...

Recap for today....

5 - 2 in favor of swift pa din. hehehe...

3. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Im always been in performance vs comfort or gas mpg, i driven my friends toyota yaris s 3door and i find it ok. the lack of a 4 disc brakes turns me off, i mean is for a sport version and a modern car they still didnt add that rear disk as a standard, i have a 1984 toyota corolla (AE86)with 4 disk brakes thats 22 years before the yaris was sld here in the US. when i was in korea i test drove a swift sport now your talking, it maybe a little more money but its hella worth the money. i found out that the swift sport didnt make it to phil. but im sure the sport version and the regular swift diffrence is minimal, sure they have both 1.5 liter motor but chassis rigidity no comparison. im a toyota fan but this one is hands down a swift winner all the way.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by 4agze View Post
    Im always been in performance vs comfort or gas mpg, i driven my friends toyota yaris s 3door and i find it ok. the lack of a 4 disc brakes turns me off, i mean is for a sport version and a modern car they still didnt add that rear disk as a standard, i have a 1984 toyota corolla (AE86)with 4 disk brakes thats 22 years before the yaris was sld here in the US. when i was in korea i test drove a swift sport now your talking, it maybe a little more money but its hella worth the money. i found out that the swift sport didnt make it to phil. but im sure the sport version and the regular swift diffrence is minimal, sure they have both 1.5 liter motor but chassis rigidity no comparison. im a toyota fan but this one is hands down a swift winner all the way.
    WoW. Is that the trueno? Initial-d?

A toyota fan but hands down to a suzuki swift? Thats convincing.

6 - 2 in favor of swift pa din...

5. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    WoW. Is that the trueno? Initial-d?

A toyota fan but hands down to a suzuki swift? Thats convincing.

6 - 2 in favor of swift pa din...
    My car

Inital d

hmmm same chassis different style... but yeah if they sell swift here in the US right now ill buy in a heart beat

6. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    * a9828 - Lancer GLX? isa din sa option ko dati yun pero ayaw ng tatay ko lancer. ewan ko nga ba... pati naman itong dalawang option ko ayaw nya. gusto eh adventure. hehe. yoko nga nun... ang laki eh... Lancer GLX is good but marami nakapagsabi na mahina daw ang pang ilalim at out dated na daw ang lancer na ito. ewan ko. di pa naman ako napag drive ng ganun car. hayyy. well, i will stick with my choices... Swift or yaris. hehehe...

gusto ng tatay mo adventure kasi malaki. no offense to your dad but when people get older, they usually look for bigger space, comfort, etc (less on fuel efficiency, etc). in the first place, sino ba magbabayad and gagamit parati?

the lancer glx is a good basic car and i'd think, being the bigger car, would still be better than your mentioned subcompacts. safety-wise, mas ok din siya, having the longer body.

between the two though, i'd still go for yaris for the same reasons i mentioned before.

drive all models so you have a good feel of what you really want. nothing beats this approach. good luck!

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    havent driven both, pero looks pa lang swift na ko! hehehe

8. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    I own a jazz, my friend owns a swift and my other friend owns a yaris. (Both Manual)

I have driven both of their cars, and this is what I've got..

Handling/Fun to drive ---> SWIFT
    Style (Stock Look) ---> SWIFT
    Practicality (Yaris has a much more spacious cabin compared to the Swift,it has more trunk space. The swift has practicaly NONE)---> YARIS
    Consumption ---> JAZZ parin! hahaha kidding aside they have the same FC.
    SET-UP Exterior(If you plan on setting up the exterior) ---> YARIS
    SET UP Interior ----> YARIS
    Warranty ----> My who owns the swift HAS RETURNED TO THE CASA 4 times already, and he purchased the unit just last September 2008.

FINAL VOTE
    I'd rather go with the practicality and eccentric styling of the YARIS.

Just my 2 cents. :-)

9. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    yaris bec. of the brand.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    *a9828 - i will be the one to pay for it. and use it most of the time. So far, yung swift pa lang na test drive ko, kaso matic nga lang ung avail na test drive unit nila, but its so nice.(compare sa vios 1.5 G na 1st gen that my tita owns) ang sarap i drive. iba ang feel. or maybe nasanay lang ako sa KIA BESTA na pinagpraktisan ko dati na sira ang segunda na laging kumakalas. Regarding sa yaris. hanggang sakay lang while inside the showroom. walang test drive unit kahit saang dealer.

* bougartt - well said. bakit ibinalik sa casa for 4 times? ano common issue?

* Gen. Miting - Parang katulad nung sa isang thread ah? hehehe. yung about sa honda?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Swift or Yaris? Yun lang.